Index Labels

AA2 Week 1, Day 1 - Mon, 14-Mar-2011

. . No comments:
SMARTER GOAL - Get my weight based interval workout #1 done in the morning.

Done!!!

SLEEP RECEIVED:  3:30 am - 7:45 am (3.25 hrs)  ---->  Yeah, I know.  Took too long of a nap yesterday as I was completely zonked out from hardly any sleep the night before (messed up by a long afternoon nap).

Made a very conscious effort to not take a nap today so I can get back to a good sleep schedule.  It's about 5 pm as I write this part and I'm so very tired and want to sleep.  Thankfully Scott is doing a Q&A session and I have dinner with my sister & her husband at 6:30 pm, so I have to be up at least for another 4 hrs.

WATER CONSUMED (Goal is 100 oz):
Drank 8 oz by 9:30 am
Drank 22 oz by 12:00 pm (30 oz total))
Drank 22 oz by 2:00 pm (52 oz total)
Drank 22 oz by 4:00 pm (74 oz total)
Drank 22 oz by 6:00 pm (96 oz total)
Drank 24 oz by 8:30 pm (120 oz total)

--------------------------------

MEALS EATEN:  P Day
I use a CuisanArt blender
Meal 1 (12:15 pm):  Greens Protein Smoothie - 2 cups kale (56 calories, 4 g protein, 0 g sugar, 2 g fiber), 1/2 cup blueberries (35 calories, 0.5 g protein, 6 g sugar, 2 g fiber), 2/3 serving frozen mango (60 calories, 0.7 g protein, 9g sugar, 1g fiber), 1 tspn cinnamon, 1 cup fat free Greek yogurt (120 calories, 20 g protein, 9g sugar), 1 scoop Isagenix chocolate IsaLean shake powder (120 calories, 11.5 g protein, 7.5g sugar), banana (105 calories, 1.2 g protein, 14.4g sugar,  3g fiber), 1/2 cup cilantro, psyllium husk (6 g fiber), 1 scoop Mila (70 caloires, 3 g protein, 0g sugar, 5g fiber), water [566 calories, 40.9 g protein, 45.9 g sugar, 19 g fiber] 

----> I made changes to my greens smoothie and not sure I like it.  This is too much protein for me.  Next time I won't use the protein powder if I use the greek yogurt or maybe use less greek yogurt.  This is a very thick shake and I prefer my shakes more watery.  This was not a sweet shake and took me a long time to drink, over an hour.  The cinnamon gives it an interesting taste that will take some getting used to.  The cinnamon has good heart benefits.  The only time I eat bananas is in my smoothie and it seems to help keep my BP better (the potassium in it).  Cilantro also has good health benefits, as kale.  In AA1, I didn't use cilantro in my greens smoothies very often. 

---->  I'm also going to use Mila in all my smoothies for the next couple months to see if it helps me with building a stronger, more injury resilient body nutrition wise.  I've read some good things about this and a friend sent me enough for 6 weeks of worth if I do one smoothie 6 days/week.  Let's see how this goes.  The price is a bit steep at $55/bag.  So between protein powders (I use Prograde as well as Isagenix products), a women's higher quality multi-vitamin, prograde krill EFA, this just adds another expense that I may not want to pay unless it can be more beneficial than what I'm using.

---->  I like Scott's idea about using the Greek fat free yogurt.  I found this at Costco for about $5 for 4 servings (1 cup = 1 serving).  Choosing this alternative instead buying as much protein powder will almost cut my cost in half.  Thanks for this tip, Scott.


2 scrambled eggs, salsa
 Meal 2 (3:00 pm):  2 scrambled organic eggs (150 calories, 12.6 g protein), 2 tbspns medium hot salsa (10 calories, 1g sugar) [160 calories, 12.6 protein, 1 g sugar] 

----> Did not use any oil.  The salsa was medium homemade salsa that I got from Costco. 





1 oz raw almonds
 Meal 3 (5:00 pm):  1 oz raw almonds [170 calories, 6 g protein, 1 g sugar, 3 g fiber] 

------>  1 oz is about 28 whole almonds, however, if you're almonds are bigger, then it would be fewer.  I did weigh this and 14 almonds was 0.5 oz.

Meal 4 (7:15 pm):  1 grilled, marinated chicken satay with a tspn of spicy thai peanut sauce w/a creamy cabbage slaw for appetizer; sweet chili glazed Atlantic salmon (looked like 4-6 oz), grilled broccolini, sauteed green beans.  The salmon came with a fried rice, but I asked to substitute that with green beans.

---->  This was my birthday dinner at Kona Grill.  I don't have the nutritional value and I'm pretty sure there was more sugar than I should've had because I can feel it in my body and the salmon tasted sweet.  My sister & her husband got a fancy caramel creme brulee, but I didn't want to really screw up my day, so I just watched them eat it.

---->  I do have pictures, but they are on my digital camera and I'll upload the pics in the next week or so.  Should've taken it on my cell as this is easier to upload from.


--------------------------------

EXERCISE (shoes on):  11:22 am - 11:58 am

Warmup (2 rounds):  3:43
- Pushups x 12
- Squats x 15
- Spiderman Climbs x 12 total
- Jumping Jacks x 20

Weight-Based Interval Training:  Week 1, #1
- Jump Squats x 20 reps  ---> These felt alright.  Being very careful w/my squats due to my knee issues in the recent past.  No rest needed for any rounds.
- Pushups w/Feet on Swiss Ball x 20 reps ----> My abs were totally engaged.  A bit wobbly on my bigger Swiss Ball.  Next time I will use the smaller one on this.  First round I could do all 20 reps without stopping.  Rounds 2-4, I did have to stop. 
- Suicide Planks x 20 reps ---> Felt my abs engaging a lot.  Hate this exercise.  Had to rest periodically but very momentarily like a second for all 4 rounds.
- Mountain Jumpers w/Hands on Foam Roller x 20 reps ---> Wobbly with hands on the foam roller.  Hopefully next time I can be more stabilized, but this was good.  I should've upped the reps to 30, though.  No rest needed here except a couple times the foam roller rolled and I had to get rebalanced.

Rounds Completed:  4.25
R1 = 4:22, R2 = 4:43, R3 = 6:21, R4 = 4:41, R5 = 0:46

Heartrates
R1:  Max Heartrate = 123 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 120 bpm
R2:  Max Heartrate = 135 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 125 bpm
R3:  Max Heartrate = 133 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 124 bpm
R4:  Max Heartrate = 139 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 131 bpm
R5:  Max Heartrate = 136 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 135 bpm

Total Time (includes warmup, but not cooldown):  24:38
Calories Burned = 310
Max Heartrate = 139 bpm
Avg Heartrate = 128 bpm

Zone 1 = 10:04, Zone 2 = 3:40

Cooldown:  13 min.
- Worked on my quads, IT bands, obliques, back w/Foam Roller
- Stretched my quads, chest, lats, calves

Notes:  I still don't like suicide planks.  I don't mind a regular plank or all the other plank stuff we did in AA1, but even with a yoga mat, my elbows didn't like this.  Yeah, maybe I'm a wuss or have delicate elbows.  Good workout and the original workout would've been too easy.  This was just right for me.

My heartrate tends to be fairly low.  My resting heartrate is in the high 40s and in the morning, my heartrates are pretty low, especially earlier in the mornings.  When I do workouts later in the day, like late afternoon, my heartrates will be higher.

------------------------------

MINDSET
Right now I'm challenged to exercise mentally & emotionally.  After facing knee issues in AA1 and when I began again in January with new workouts, I'm a bit leery and wondering what am I doing wrong.  As the workouts get harder and more consistency in my workouts, this is where I find out where the weaknesses in my body are and this usually leads to injuries. 

My normal personality is a recovering Type A and my tendency is to push myself, as it always seems like I'm in competition with myself.  But, I'm getting too old to keep getting continuously injured.  Anyway, I'm hopefully going to spend some time doing "Healing Code" stuff or EFT to help here.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive