Index Labels

Caloric Determination

. . No comments:
I use the Katch-McArdle Formula for calculating calories needed.  This takes into consideration lean body mass (LBM) and activity level (AL).

Activity Factor (AF):
Sedentary = BMR x 1.2 = little or no exercise, desk job
Lightly Active = BMR x 1.375 = = light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk
Moderately Active = BMR x 1.55 = moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk
Very Active = BMR x 1.725 = hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk
Extremely Active = BMR x 1.9 = hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2x/day training, marathon, football camp, contest, etc.

Katch-McArdle Formula:
BMR (men & women) = 370 + (21.6 x LBM in kg)
TDEE = AF x BMR

BMR (Doris) = 370 + [21.6 x (145/2.2)] = 1794 calories  (I'm guessing my LBM is about 145 lbs)
TDEE = 1.55 x 1794 = 2781 calories

I want to have about 1,000 calorie deficit, so that would put me about 1800 calories/day.

John Romaniello said if you're above 22% bodyfat, to lose bodyfat, it's about 13 calories/LBM.  That's about 1900 calories.  So, it's close.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive