Index Labels

AA2 Week 1, Day 3 - Wed, 16-Mar-2011

. . No comments:
SMARTER GOAL - Get my workout done.  I just haven't felt like working out, so until this is a habit again, this or something regarding my eating will be this goal.

Done!

SLEEP RECEIVED:  12:30 am - 6:00 am (5.5 hrs)  ----> Woke up feeling refreshed.  Slept soundly and so glad my kids are with me. 

Nap:  3:15-4:15 pm  ---->  My plans were to not take a nap today though I did not sleep 6 hrs last night, but all the chores, and errands that caused me to drive all over the place putting about 80 miles on my car with lots of stops today made me felt exhausted.  In and out of the car lots of times.

WATER CONSUMED (Goal is 100 oz):
Drank 11 oz by 10:30 am
Drank 22 oz by 11:00 pm (33 oz total))
Drank 14 oz by 3:15 pm (47 oz total)
Drank 33 oz by 5:15 pm (80 oz total)
Drank 22 oz by 6:45 pm (102 oz total)
22 oz by 9:00 pm (124 oz total)

--------------------------------

MEALS EATEN:  P+C Day
Meal 1 (8:15 pm):    a large blueberry muffin 

----> I know.  Rarely do I ever want muffins and somehow I did this morning.  Yes, I know, oatmeal would've been better.  Forgot to take a picture.  Guess I don't want the incriminating evidence, eh?

Meal 2 (12:30 pm):  a long churro

---->  Yes, I know.  More good choices.  NOT!   I had not planned on being gone that long, rather just 1.5 hrs, which turned into 4 hrs of errands.

Grilled Grande Salad f/Rubio's
Meal 3 (2:45 pm):  2/3rds Grilled Grande Salad from Rubios - grilled chicken, guacamole, black beans, rice, salsa fresca, shredded cabbage, chipotle dressing  [422 calories, 22 g protein, 6g sugar, 7 g fiber] 

----> We were out and about and usually if we go out to eat, it'll usually be Rubio's.  I couldn't eat the whole salad so saved 1/3rd for later.

Meal 4 (4:45 pm):  1/3rd Grilled Grande Salad from Rubios - grilled chicken, guacamole, black beans, rice, salsa fresca, shredded cabbage, chipotle dressing  [208 calories, 12 g protein, 3g sugar, 3 g fiber]

----->  Shouldn't have eaten this just yet and left it for later, as this caused me to be too full to workout just yet so I had to wait an hour before working out.

Meal 5 (8:10 pm):  Greens Smoothie - 2/3rds of the following - 2 cups kale (56 calories, 4 g protein, 0 g sugar, 2 g fiber), 1/2 cup blueberries (35 calories, 0.5 g protein, 6 g sugar, 2 g fiber), 1 serving frozen mango (90 calories, 1 g protein, 13g sugar, 2g fiber), 2/3 cup strawberries (50 calories, 1 g protein, 9 g sugar, 2g fiber)1 tspn cinnamon, 1 cup fat free Greek yogurt (120 calories, 20 g protein, 9g sugar), 1 medium banana (105 calories, 1.2 g protein, 14.4g sugar,  3g fiber), 1/2 cup cilantro, psyllium husk (6 g fiber), 1 scoop Mila (70 calories, 3 g protein, 0g sugar, 5g fiber), water [352 calories, 20.5 g protein, 35.4 g sugar, 15 g fiber]
 
----> Ate this a bit late after my weight based workout because we were at the park and I couldn't make my smoothie.  Don't have a picture, but it looks the same as yesterday's smoothie.

--------------------------------

EXERCISE (shoes on):  6:08 pm - 8:00 pm

Warmup (2 rounds):  3:51
- Pushups x 8
- Squats x 12
- Spiderman Climbs x 10 total
- Jumping Jacks x 20

Weight Based Interval Workout - Week 1, Workout #2
- Bodyweight Row Wide Grip on 1 Foot x 10 reps/leg ----->  These felt good, but I could feel my lats so engaged.  I like the 1 foot thing and I went somewhat low to the ground.  It would be nice to have the Jungle Gym overhead to do this on the Swiss Ball.
- Foam Roller Overhead One Legged Step Ups with Front Kick x 20 reps/leg ----->  I was going to do this on the low step I have, but being on the foam roller caused me to have to use my core more, especially when doing the front kick.  It took me a lot longer on the first 2 rounds than the last 2.
- Foam Roller Grasshoppers x 20/leg ---->  Had to periodically stop here.  Felt my abs so engaged.  My upper back is sore, so I could feel this, too.
- Foam Roller Mountain Climbers  x 30/leg ----> I like these.  Glad I made it harder and upped the reps.

Rounds Completed:  3.5
R1 = 6:47, R2 = 6:24, R3 = 5:10, R4 = 2:43

Heartrates
R1:  Max Heartrate = 119 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 112 bpm
R2:  Max Heartrate = 127 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 120 bpm
R3:  Max Heartrate = 130 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 125 bpm
R4:  Max Heartrate = 140 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 134 bpm

Total Time (includes warmup, but not cooldown):  24:57
Calories Burned = 291
Max Heartrate = 140 bpm
Avg Heartrate = 122 bpm

Zone 1 = 7:52, Zone 2 = 1:26, Zone 3 = 0:26, Zone 4 = 0:22

Notes:  I am still feeling sore, more from Monday's workout than Tuesday's.  It is a good sore and it's not much a bother as I'm used to some level of soreness when I workout if my workouts vary a lot.  Not a big deal.  When I did heavy weightlifting, that was a much different type of soreness where I wouldn't be able to do things like walk, or get out of bed for days without being in extreme agony.  However, I kept doing that.  So, what I'm feeling now really isn't too bad.  Typically I'm sore from a workout for 1-3 days.  It's Day 2.

My body adapts fairly quickly to workouts, so next week, I may not be sore with any of the workouts.  That's what happened last AA1 group, as well when I restarted with a different type of workout in January.

This was a real good workout and glad I increased the reps and made each exercise unstable to engage my core more.  Dripping in sweat.  The hardest parts of the workout were the pushups for the warmup and the grasshoppers.  My upper back is really sore.  Though my abs are pretty sore, I was okay to do this workout.  Loved those step ups to the foam roller and front kick.  It reminds me of the Charleston.

Walk in the Park

Total Time:  26:57
Calories Burned:  237
Max Heartrate:  118 bpm
Avg Heartrate:  107 bpm

Notes:  This was stop & go walking.  I played with my kids in between and also did stretching for my body.  I stopped my heartrate monitor when I wasn't walking.  It was a good walk, nice cool evening.  My kids also had me swinging.  Haven't been on a swing really swinging really high in a long time.   Seemed like I was on there a long time and felt a bit nauseated afterwards.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive