Index Labels

Exfoliating Skin

. . 3 comments:
I heard this on a teleseminar where Scott Colby interviewed Belinda Benn on 11-Jan-2011.  One of the things that was said there was Belinda uses an exfoliating cloth on her skin daily in her showers.  She does this all over her body, rubbing in a circular motion towards the heart.  This removes dead cells from the skin, as well as helps with circulation.  When you do this, you are also helping detox your body.

She said that she had cellulite and within a matter of 6 months or so, that cellulite went away.

I do think there is some validity to it, as I used to regularly get deep tissue massages every week for years.  Though my skin is genetically nice, I did notice that when I got regular deep tissue massages, my skin was even better and I never had a cellulite problem, even though my bodyfat wasn't low.

On Thursday I got some exfoliating cloths & mitts and have been during my showers using one of them.  Just in the 5 days doing this, my skin is much softer than it's normal soft.  Also, when you're able to regularly detox your body of toxins & junk, this helps you to be healthier and builds your immune system.  Anyway, this is one of the things that I'm doing daily and see how that will benefit my health in the weeks and months to come.

Also, I may have my kids do this also for themselves because their dad exposes them to things that I do not get exposed to, and this will probably help them, too, even at their young ages.

3 comments:

Tarrell said...

Good idea, Doris!

Gina said...

Hey Doris,
I have been exfoliating my skin every day in the shower for over 20 years. While my skin is definitley softer (I used to have rough bumpy "chicken skin"), I can't say it really helped with my cellulite. I think my cellulite is worse now than it has ever been, super frustrating, but I do like having soft skin! I slather on the body lotion as soon as I come out of the shower. I do thie everyday as a normal regimen! Would love to see if it helps you! Keep me posted!

Doris said...

@Terrell - I'm just experimenting, but hope it works for you.

@Gina - Oh. That's good to get a different opinion. At least you have soft skin. I have no clue on the cellulite thing as that hasn't been a huge problem for me. You have me at a loss.

Just wondering, but have you considered doing bioidentical hormones? I wonder if that would help some of the issues you're facing? You work super hard and I can see how that can be so discouraging to not make bigger strides. Boy, do I know that one.

Since cellulite hasn't been a big problem that I can tell, that's not what I was going for, but hoping that it will prevent it. It's made my skin smoother and I was wondering if it would even out my skin tone and help keep me healthier.

I will pray and ask God to reveal to you what you need to do about cellulite.

Blessings,
Doris

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive