Index Labels

AA2 Week 3, Day 1 - Mon, 28-Mar-2011

. . No comments:
SMARTER GOAL - Be aware of my choices particularly in mindset, eating, exercise & sleep today.

Success!  I have been much more mindful of my choices today and thinking into the future of where I want to be.

SLEEP RECEIVED:  12:00 am - 6:45 am (6.75 hrs)  ---> Had this dream that a former work colleague and I started dating.  Think that dream came up because we used to be running partners and it was his birthday yesterday.  He's a great guy and I don't think of him that way.

----> Thank goodness I didn't take a nap today or that would mess up my sleep tonight.  As I write this right now at 6 pm, I'm feeling tired and will want to go to bed before 10 pm.  Hopefully I'll get a good 8 hrs of solid, good sleep.

WATER CONSUMED (Goal is 100 oz):
Drank 8 oz by 7:30 am
Drank 22 oz by 9:00 am (30 oz total)
Drank 16 oz by 10:00 am (46 oz total)
Drank 22 oz by 11:00 pm (68 oz total)
Drank 22 oz by 5:30 pm (90 oz total)
Drank 22 oz by 9:30 pm ( oz total)

--------------------------------

MEALS EATEN:  P Day
Meal 1 (8:30 am):   3 organic scrambled eggs with organic baby spinach & no nitrite turkey breast, salsa on the side.

----> The turkey breast tasted a little salty, but this was a filling breakfast.  This meal is about 300 calories, no sugar, plenty of protein.  It was yummy minus the saltiness, which the salsa toned it down.  I'm liking not using any oil in making my eggs, as long as I make them in a non-stick pan.  No picture today, but the turkey blends into the eggs and looks like my other spinach-egg pics. 

Meal 2 (11:15 am):  Greens smoothie - banana, frozen mango, blueberries, strawberries, psyllium husk, cinnamon, fat free Greek yogurt, baby spinach, Mila, water, a scoop of Greens powder

Meal 3 (4:15 pm):  1 oz of raw almonds

----> Planned to eat earlier but left the nuts in the car and didn't want to leave the school to get the nuts, so waited until I got home.
 
Meal 4 (6:00 pm):  2 cups arugula, tuna & white bean salad, heirloom cherry tomatoes, crumbled blue cheese

----> I'm really super hungry.  My kids wanted me to make them strawberry milk.  I used organic rice milk, frozen organic strawberries, and organic blue agave nectar.  This was not low in sugar, but not a bunch of junk.  I didn't have any, but my kids said it was the best strawberry milk ever.

----> I typically buy one bag of organic arugula from Trader Joe's and that lasts me about 4-5 salads, which is usually 1 week's worth.  I use romaine lettuce and like that, as well as spinach or mixed greens.  However, I have to make sure not to buy too much or it will spoil before I can eat it.  Right now I still have some romaine lettuce (this lasts longer) and spinach.  There is enough for 1 more salad of arugula and it's starting to wilt.  Gotta finish this tomorrow or else it's a toss out.  Hate wasting food.

--------------------------------

EXERCISE (shoes on):  10:24 am - 11:10 am

Warmup (2 rounds):  3:16
- Pushups x 8
- Squats x 12
- Spiderman Climbs x 10 total
- Jumping Jacks x 20

Weight Based Interval Workout - Week 3, Workout #1

Equipment Used:  Polar RS200SD Heartrate Monitor, Jungle Gym, Bosu Ball, Swiss Ball

- Overhead Bulgarian Split Squats w/Back Ft on Swiss Ball x 20 reps/leg --->  Added 5 extra reps to each leg and had my foot on the Swiss Ball rather than a chair to create more instability.  With each round, my ability to stabilize my foot on the Swiss Ball lessened, but this is a good exercise.  Each round, though, I was able to go less lower on the squats. 
- Bodyweight Row Narrow Grip w/Ft on Bosu x 20 reps ---> Added 5 extra reps and had my feet on the Bosu to create instability.  These are easier on narrow grip than wide grip.  Good exercise.
- Side to Side Squat Jumps x 30 reps ---> Doubled the amount of reps from 15 to 30 reps.  30 reps was good.  More would've been too much.
Upside/Down BOSU Mountain Jumper - Push Ups x 25 reps ---> Added 10 extra reps and had my hands on the U/D Bosu to create instability to use my core more.  This was the 2nd hardest exercise as I had to stop usually 2-4 times.  I initially set this at 30 reps but decided 25 was enough.

Rounds Completed in 25 min.:  4 
R1 = 7:10, R2 = 6:18, R3 = 6:47, R4 = 6:02

Heartrates
R1:  Max Heartrate = 112 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 102 bpm
R2:  Max Heartrate = 119 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 110 bpm
R3:  Max Heartrate = 120 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 113 bpm
R4:  Max Heartrate = 123 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 118 bpm

Total Time (includes warmup, but not cooldown):  29:35
Calories Burned = 265
Max Heartrate = 123 bpm
Avg Heartrate = 110 bpm


Notes:  This was a good workout.  I initially intended to do 5 exercises and go for 30 min. instead of 25 min., but by the time I finished the 4th exercise, my arms were shaky and I could not balance myself with my feet on the Swiss ball as I did T-Stabilization.  This will be an exercise I need to practice on and cannot do another pushup exercise if I'm to have my feet on the Swiss Ball.

My lower back didn't feel right from yesterday, so I didn't want to push it more.  My body's heartrates are adapting quickly to the workouts, as each workout, they are getting lower and it's a greater challenge to push them up.  I did the best I could on this workout and gave it a 10.

Rather than entertain ideas of not wanting to workout or eat right or poor me for my circumstances, I saw my goals ahead and where I wanted to be long-term.  I imagined myself as a much older woman in her 80s & 90s and being able to walk, run, workout, having freedom in my body, mind, spirit and it begins with the decisions I make today and each one forward.

Cooldown:  15 min. stretching & using the foam roller on my IT bands, quads & calves.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive