Index Labels

Summer12 Wk 2, Day 5 - Fri, 15-Jun-2012

. . No comments:

DORIS' DAILY SUMMARY/LEARNINGS: 
  • It took me 13.5 hours to load up 101 karate videos for my kids on YT so they can use them to practice.  Don't know why I didn't think to do this 8-9 months ago.  From now on, I'll do this weekly so I'm not doing this for hours.  Most of the videos were under 2 min. long, but still, to load up that many videos takes a lot of time.  Stayed up until 4 am to do this and then was too exhausted to stay up.  Just let my computer finish loading up.
  • To help my children as I'm an organizational freak on the internet, I watched all 101 videos, labeled them so my kids know what is in each video so they can seriously practice.  Would like to see my son earn his green belt, which his sister did in March.
  • My son is super excited to play with his new (used) toy from Goodwill which is a miniature grab machine (like those giant ones you see that you can try to grab stuffed animals with at stores).  He's really having a blast with it.  
  • I got what sort of looks like a laptop bag, but it really looks like a big black purse.  My purse that I loved that had sections in it wore out and broke, so I've been using a different similar bag that I had in the closet but it didn't have any organizational sections.  It's been a pain in the butt to use this purse as I can't find anything in it.  When I saw this bag at Goodwill, looked new, had to have it as it is perfect - a place for my pens, phone, post-its, calculator, business cards, papers/books, wallet, and other stuff I have.  Perfect.
  • Plan on making extracts in the near future, so found a bunch of small jars that I got for really inexpensively also at Goodwill - they looked new.  Bought 10 for about the price I would pay for 1 regular one at the store.  I was just mentioning to the Lord it would be nice to have this, as well as a small salad spinner . . . and voila, they had these like new.
  • Love to buy practically or brand new stuff for hardly anything - love great deals, when I need to buy stuff.
  • Also got a lime juicer the other day for a couple bucks.  I do have a hand juicer thing, but it doesn't do so well when you have key limes or things smaller than a lemon.  Since I use limes regularly in cooking & baking, this will be a very handy kitchen tool.
  • Got some cherries the other day on sale.  My kids are going to have fun pitting these with the cherry pitter we got last year.
  • I don't seem to eat much on Friday's.
  • Lack of sleep sure brings my appetite down.
  • Watched Lord of the Rings with my kids.  Boy, that is a long movie with a lot of symbolism.


    SMARTER GOAL:  Make it through today. ---> Succeeded.



    SLEEP:  4:00 am - 7:45 am (3.75 hrs) - I so wanted to sleep in more, but my body wouldn't let me.


    Nap:  3:30 pm - 5:30 pm (2 hrs) - Even with the sleep this morning and this nap, it's not even 6 hrs.


    SUPPLEMENTS/MEDICINES:
    11:30 am - Heart Meds
    10:30 pm - Heart Meds


    EATING:  Paleo Since 26-Jan-2012
    Meal 1 @ 8:30 am:  a bowl of frosted flakes with unsweetened almond milk ---> The frosted flakes are my favorite and totally unhealthy cereal.  This stuff is addictive.


    Meal 2 @ 12:15 pm:  3 eggs w/sea salt & ground pepper cooked in olive oil


    Meal @ 7:30 pm:  homemade ice cream --- can't remember what was in this, but it was good and healthy. Also had a piece of strawberry banana cream cheese coffee cake.



    No comments:

    Printfriendly

    Welcome

    Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

    Make yourself at home!!!

    Translate

    Blog Archive