Index Labels

Summer12 Wk 3, Day 3 - Wed, 20-Jun-2012

. . No comments:

DORIS' DAILY SUMMARY/LEARNINGS: 
  • Woke up early as normal, and spent my first part of the morning with God alone.  This makes a huge difference in my attitude, especially lately.  I've been feeling so parched.
  • Going to focus on Proverbs over the days to come, as I need God's wisdom in my life.  It's not exactly a fun book, but it will help guide me in my days and the things I choose to do.  All my days belong to God, rather I often don't recognize it.
  • God revealed to me a bunch of things I had sinned against Him.  It was refreshing to my soul to spend time confessing and repenting of all sorts of things from very minute to bigger stuff.  Sin is sin.
  • Learned last night at Single Moms in our study that "transgression", "iniquity", "sin" all mean something different.  I thought they were all synonyms.  Now when I see what are a bunch of synonyms in verses, I will look those words up and see what specifically that the writer could mean.  This has been something I've pondered for over 3 decades now and never thought to look up those words.
  • Because I started off the day with God in more than just prayer, rather time in His Word (I used to do this religiously, but got away from it the past couple months . . . no wonder why I was losing strength and power), and time in worship.  It helped to not get on my computer except to turn on worship music.
  • I got a lot of dusting and organizing done that I have been needing to.  My kids also got some needed organizing & cleaning done in their room, to a deeper level.  Praise God!
  • Both my kids will be in the same swim level next session.  Good!
  • I got really bummed that my daughter chose to lie to me rather than tell the truth.  It's really disappointing to want to believe her, but can't.  She lied out of convenience, but still had to face the truth.  This resulted in taking away a privilege of her friend coming over to spend the day with us on Friday, as well as her needing to write about lying AGAIN.  This has been a habit of hers that I've been attempting to break for a number of years now.  It reminds me so much of her dad.  God, please help us!
  • Had a talk with my daughter about a number of things . . . not sure if any of it sank it, as it appeared she was listening, but time will tell.
  • Glad I got to go to my church and help out with work they needed done.  There were probably close to 40 people that showed up to do all sorts of stuff tonight.  Praise God!  I was really blessed with the fellowship to work side-by-side with others and accomplish things together for our church.
  • Though I did not get my workout done, I think all the stuff I did counts for a workout.  I lost some weight as when I went, my shorts fit fine, but half way through, they were falling off.  Wished I had worn a belt, but I don't own a real belt.
    SMARTER GOAL:  Get all my paperwork filing done.  ----> Success!


    SLEEP:   12:30 pm - 6:30 am (6 hrs) - Woke up not exactly feeling refreshed, but no longer sleepy.

    Nap:  2:00 pm - 3:30 pm (1.5 hrs) - I thought I would sleep longer than this, but didn't.

    SUPPLEMENTS/MEDICINES:
    9:00 am - Heart Meds
    11:00 pm - Heart Meds

    EATING:  Paleo Since 26-Jan-2012
    Meal 1 @ 11:30 pm:  Missed eating before swim lessons.  2.5 scrambled eggs ----> Did this in the middle of organizing.

    Meal 2 @ 4:15 pm:   a bowl of Summery Chipotle Chayote Chicken Salad ----> this salad is really cool and refreshing, very crunchy.

    Treat @ 5:30 pm:  homemade soft serve ice cream - half & half, ice, spinach, bananas, psyllium husk, cinnamon, whey protein, cherries, ice

    Meal 3 @ 10:15 pm:  1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese, 1 oz raw almonds, cinnamon ---> I know this is late, but I was so hungry after working at the church, that I needed something to eat.  This isn't too bad, as there are hardly any carbs in this.  What I really wanted was Frosted Flakes, but no almond milk or coconut milk unless i make it, which would wake others up.

    No comments:

    Printfriendly

    Welcome

    Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

    Make yourself at home!!!

    Translate

    Blog Archive