Index Labels

'What's In My Frig' Pita

. . No comments:
It's been a challenge to want to do any real cooking, and tonight was no exception.  Looked in the frig to see what there was.  And, the pita turned out so yummy.

However, 1 pita sandwich wasn't enough for my 8-yr old who seems to always be hungry.  He wanted more food, but we only had 2 flat breads left.  So, I also made him one of my protein & greens filled smoothies.


Serves 2

Ingredients:
Directions:
  • You really could assemble all of this without heating anything up, as the chicken is already cooked and tastes good heated or cold.  However, since it's just my son and I tonight, he wanted me to heat most of the stuff up.
  • Lightly heat chicken and cabbage mixture in a medium skillet over medium heat until the cabbage is slightly wilted.
  • In the meantime, you can heat the flat bread in the microwave (or on the stove in a pan) for about 45 sec on high.
I bought these from Trader Joe's, but many stores have flat bread - this is thicker than pita
  • Place 1 heaping tablespoon full of the Pesto on each flat bread.
  • Place 1/2 of the chicken/cabbage mixture on each flat bread, to one side, as you'll need to fold this over.
  • Place a small dollop of sour cream on your pita sandwich.
Forgot to take a pic of the sour cream, but you get the picture, right?
  • Enjoy!

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive