However, 1 pita sandwich wasn't enough for my 8-yr old who seems to always be hungry. He wanted more food, but we only had 2 flat breads left. So, I also made him one of my protein & greens filled smoothies.
- 2 Indian Flat Bread (I like using flat bread over pita due to the thickness & heartiness of these)
- about 1/2 cup of Almond Lime Chicken
- 2 heaping Tbspns of Chipotle Cilantro Avocado Pesto
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cabbage - I used the veggies from Chipotle Cayote Chicken Salad
- 1/8 cup sour cream, if desired
- You really could assemble all of this without heating anything up, as the chicken is already cooked and tastes good heated or cold. However, since it's just my son and I tonight, he wanted me to heat most of the stuff up.
- Lightly heat chicken and cabbage mixture in a medium skillet over medium heat until the cabbage is slightly wilted.
- In the meantime, you can heat the flat bread in the microwave (or on the stove in a pan) for about 45 sec on high.
|I bought these from Trader Joe's, but many stores have flat bread - this is thicker than pita|
- Place 1 heaping tablespoon full of the Pesto on each flat bread.
- Place 1/2 of the chicken/cabbage mixture on each flat bread, to one side, as you'll need to fold this over.
- Place a small dollop of sour cream on your pita sandwich.
|Forgot to take a pic of the sour cream, but you get the picture, right?|