Index Labels

Paleo Chipotle Beef Taco Salad

. . No comments:
I really LOVE the taste of chipotle so much.  A chipotle is really a smoked jalapeño pepper.  I would attempt them, but it sounded more complicated than I was actually willing to do.  It's much easier for me to buy this at the store, and from there, grind the dried pepper into a powder to use in food.

This salad was inspired by Paradise Cafe's Chipotle Caesar Chicken Salad, but mine is mostly Paleo friendly, as least much more than Paradise Cafe's.  I learned tonight that if I take a big stainless steel bowl, I can individually toss each person's salad specific to them.  Yay!

Tonight I was not in the mood to really cook.  Have a freezer full of meat, a frig full of veggies & fruit, a spice rack filled with spices . . . and I didn't know what to make.  Here is what I concocted tonight.  Unfortunately, I didn't take pictures of this, as I just didn't feel like it.  Just wanted to get dinner out for everyone.

Also, this is my own creation and for once I didn't borrow from someone else.  It turned out really great and all the kids loved it, well, 2 out of 3 were daring enough to try my chipotle dressing.  You really can add whatever ingredients for the salad you want, but I really wanted to stick with Paleo friendly (minus the cheese  - gotta have a little cheese) ingredients, so that nixes tortilla chips, black beans, and corn, which are usually 3 ingredients I would have.

Serves 6

Ingredients for Meat:
  • 2 lbs ground beef or ground sirloin
  • 1 yellow onion, diced
  • 3-4 Tbspns taco seasoning
Ingredients for Salad:
  • 1 head of red leaf lettuce, torn into little pieces by hand
  • 4 roma tomatoes, diced
  • 1 bunch of green onions, sliced thinly
  • 2 ripe avocados, sliced & dice
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup Chipotle Dressing
Directions:
  • Saute yellow onion for 2-3 min. on medium high heat in a large non-stick pan.  If not non-stick, add some olive oil (not extra virgin olive oil), heat and saute onions until almost translucent.
  • Add ground beef, crumbling it as you put it into the pan.  Cook on medium high heat until there is no pink left.
  • Add taco seasoning.
  • Cover.  Reduce heat to simmer.
  • Drain fat from meat.
  • Toss all salad ingredients in a big stainless steel bowl as per individual preference, add meat.  Make sure all of salad is coated with the chipotle dressing.
  • Serve in a large bowl.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive