Index Labels

Mexican Egg Pita

. . No comments:
This is another spur of the moment concoction using what I have, which are still a lot of veggies.  Last week I got some Mexican Squashes.  My son thought these were Mexican Gray Squashes and I told him these were not wolves.  Once again, my heart has not been into taking pictures due to the computer issues, which I'm greatly discouraged on until I can get it completely resolved and all my data back.

If you want this Paleo friendly, nix the flat bread, but I felt in the mood for this and will probably pay, but every bite tasted so good.  This was a huge hit with my kids, but then, my kids love everything I make.

Serves 6

Ingredients:
  • 7 eggs
  • 1 lb of Sweet Italian Sausage
  • 2 Mexican Squashes, diced
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheese
  • 6 Tblspns Chipotle Cilantro Avocado Pesto (see note below)
  • 6 Indian Flat Breads
Directions:
  • Take the Italian Sausage out of its casings and crumble into a large skillet heated on medium high heat.  No need to use any oil as there is fat in the sausage usually.
  • Cook sausage, making sure to make it crumbly, until cooked (There should be no pinkness left).
  • Add diced Mexican Squash and saute for another 5-8 min., until squash is tender.
  • Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl.
  • Pour whisked eggs over sausage & squash mixture.
  • Top with shredded cheese.
  • Reduce heat to medium.
  • Cover skillet and cook for 10 min..
  • Eggs should be set.
  • Microwave (or pan fry on medium heat) for 45 sec on high the Flat Bread.
  • Spread 1 Tbspn of Pesto over Flat Bread and top half the flat bread with the egg mixture.
  • Fold and serve.
Note:  If you don't have any of the pesto, you can mash an avocado, mix with 1/4 cup cilantro, add a little cayenne pepper - mix well.  This can be another substitute.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive