Index Labels

Cilantro, Bacon, Tomato, Pepper Frittata

. . No comments:
Frittatas and egg scrambles are some of my favorite dishes to prepare.  They are quick, easy, and very versatile, filled with lots of nutrients.  Unless you don't eat eggs for whatever reasons, whether you are a paleo-ist, vegetarian person, or anything in between, these are great dishes.  Still not up for taking photos, and I know a picture is worth a thousand words, though, I don't think I would write a thousand words for this recipe.

It's been awhile since I added cilantro to my egg dish.  There are 2 ways I make frittatas - cover it on the stove to cook, or put it in the oven to cook.  Since it's summer time and incredibly hot, turning on the oven unless it's absolutely necessary, not going to do it.  Will opt to make dishes that don't require heating up the big oven.  Thank God and my dad for a smaller toaster oven that is big enough to make a number of things without heating up the whole kitchen.

My kids and I totally LOVE bacon.  Up until this year, bacon is something I ate very sparingly, but now, we eat it by the droves.  Okay, maybe not droves, but often a few times a week.  I notice the weeks I eat bacon more frequently, my appetite is more satisfied and I tend to have better results.

Serves 4

Ingredients:
  • 4-5 pieces of bacon, cut into small pieces
  • 1 orange bell pepper, diced
  • 1 roma tomato, diced
  • 1/2 cup cilantro, loosely chopped
  • 7 large eggs, whisked
  • 1/2 cup shredded colby & monterey jack (you can use any type of shredded cheese)
Directions:
  • Saute raw bacon pieces in a medium skillet over medium high heat until all the bacon is about half cooked.  
  • Do not drain oil.  Add pepper & tomato.
  • Saute for another 2 min. until slightly tender.
  • Add cilantro and cook for another 1 min, until slightly wilted.
  • Add the whisked eggs, making sure everything is covered.
  • Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
  • Reduce heat to medium.
  • Cover and cook for 10-12 min., until eggs are set.
  • Cut and serve.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive