Index Labels

Chipotle Dressing

. . No comments:
Earlier this week my mom, stepdad, kids and I were at Paradise Cafe.  I had their Chipotle Chicken Caesar Salad and this dressing is inspired from that salad, as well as sheer desperation of needing to come up with something that would give our taco salad some zip.

Picture to come.

Ingredients:
  • 1 ripe avocado
  • 2/3 cup mayonnaise (you can also use sour cream, but I didn't have any)
  • 1/2 tspn sea salt
  • 1/2 tspn cumin
  • 1/2 tspn chli powder
  • 1/2 tspn chipotle pepper powder (if you don't have this, then use a 1/2 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce)
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
  • the juice of 1 lime (not a key lime, but a regular lime)
Directions:
  • Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
Other Comments:
  • Chipotle Powder - I make this fresh whenever I use it from dried chipotle peppers I get at Food City. You can probably find dried chipotle peppers at any Latin grocery store.  I have not seen chipotle powder in the spice section before.  The dried chipotle pepper can be put in a coffee grinder (or mortar & pestle) to grind into a powder.
  • You can interchangeably use mayo or sour cream or a combination of this.
  • If you don't like avocados, you can omit this and use more mayo or sour cream, but I love the good fats and nutrients found in avocados.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive