Index Labels

'Top You Off' Blueberry Papaya Kale Shake

. . No comments:
My 8-yr old son was still hungry after dinner and I had him wait about 1/2 hr to see if he was actually still hungry and he was.  So, here is the shake that I promised him.  This shake is so tasty and nutritious, you won't want the sugar over-ladened shakes at Sonic or Dairy Queen.

Now, I know the idea of a green shake may be repulsive, especially to those who are addicted to sugar, but this shake will leave you feeling energized and great!  Papayas, blueberries, bananas, kale all have lots of nutritional value.  The blueberries were the only thing I used frozen, while the other stuff was fresh.

If you have a regular blender that doesn't process ice well, you can omit this from the recipe, but any high powered blender can handle ice such as the Blendtec, VitaMix or Omega blenders.
Don't those blueberries and kale look so gorgeous?
Serves 2 large glasses

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup heavy cream (or any liquid you want - like unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk)
  • 1 cup papaya, chunked
  • 1 banana
  • 1/8 cup psyllium husk
  • 3 scoops whey protein powder
  • 1/8 cup ground cinnamon
  • 3 cups kale
  • 3/4 cup blueberries
  • 1 1/2 cups ice
Directions:
  • In your blender, at least for the Blendtec, put the ingredients in the order they are listed, with ice being the last ingredient.
heavy cream, papaya, banana and the kale I'm going to put into the smoothie
Added everything else - this is what it looks like in the blender
  • Blend until smooth - I use the Ice Cream setting for the Blendtec for this, which takes about a minute. For less powerful blenders, this will probably take a couple minutes.
This shake was thick AND very green.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive