Index Labels

Wk 8, Day 3 - Wed, 22-Jan-2014

. . No comments:
5 GRATITUDES (Thank you, Heavenly Papa!):
  • Thank you God I got my subcon work done.
  • Thank you God my husband was able to run a bunch of errands for me.
  • Thank you God my husband was able to pick up our son from school and save us some money as he didn't have to go to study club.
  • Thank you God for Amazon's easy return process and with them paying for shipping.
  • Thank you God for money to pay for Chess Club, the P O Box, dad's birthday present, and a bill.
THOUGHTS:
  • Thankful my husband volunteered to pick up our son at 1:30 because every Wednesday they have early release at school.  Next week Chess Club starts and then he will go to Chess Club and we pick up both kids at the normal time from school.
  • Got some things done like pay for some things that have been on my list.  It was a pain trying to figure out how to pay for my post office box online.  Very finicky, but I got it paid.  The last time it was too frustrating so I went in person to pay.  We only get the mail here every other week or so.
  • Proud of my husband going to the DMV without me to update his license, which he ended up not getting yet because of all the people and too long of a wait.  When we got my husband's original license, he had his Tourist Visa, which was about a year ago.  That was $10.  Then, when he got his Work Authorization, we renewed his license and that Work Authorization was for 1 year.  That was another $10.  Today was another $10 and this is because he is now a Permanent Resident.  We could've waited until later in the year when it's near expiration, but why?  The expiration will be 2 yrs when his Green Card expires and must be renewed, so around Thanksgiving 2015.  At which point, we will need to renew his Green Card and then it will be another $10.  And then a year after that, he can apply for U.S. Citizenship, which will then probably be $12 and that will have a long expiration, like 25 yrs or something.  So, by the end of all this, we will have paid $52 for his driver's license in what costs me like $24.  I think every 12 yrs you have to renew your picture.
  • So thankful for my husband for taking nearly 3 hrs to run errands - store, library, post office, gas, kids twice, DMV, UPS store.  It really helps to have a good partner.  And I'm so glad now he's comfortable enough sort of to do these things without me.  
  • Saw that my brother had a laptop holder and mouse pad.  I was able to get one on Amazon for a reasonable price so that when I travel, I can work on my laptop and use my mouse without some weird contraption that I do each time, especially when working in the car when my husband is driving.
  • I messed up his iPhone cord and was able to get some Sugru to fix it.    It's a self-setting rubber.  It comes with 8 pieces, so I can secure 8 different wires or fix 8 different things that need fixing or reinforcing.
  • Did well with not eating any grains today and at least in my food, low sugar.  Had starch in the Sancocho from the plantains, potato & yuca.
  • I need to teach my husband how I shop as he bought the wrong tomatoes, the ones that were not on sale.  Okay, it's not the end of the world.  It was an honest mistake and paid triple the sale price.  At least he didn't get a lot, so not a big deal.  I always do our veggie shopping and it's not something that interests him, so next time I'll have to spell it out for him or ask him to take pictures for me.  It's a learning process.
  • Didn't cough much today.  Praise God!
ACTIONS:
  • Took my heart meds, hair supps, Multi vitamins, fish oil, probiotics, cinnamon, Zn, Mg, Ca
  • Drank ginger, turmeric, green tea with honey & lemon - just a couple cups.
  • Water.
  • Unfortunately I've been using a lot of cough drops.  This has seemed to keep the awful cough at bay.  The antibiotics and steroids didn't work.  My mom bought me some Chinese cough syrup, but I don't know if that's working either.
LIFE TO DOs:
  • Pay post office box by end of month.
  • Get Wednesday's subcon work done.
  • Order dad's birthday present - bought him a bunch of Chinese vegetable seeds, including the one he really wants, which the grower that I bought from cannot carry, so I was able to get it elsewhere.  This is one present I know that keeps giving and I know he loves.  We should have the seeds early next week.
  • Get gas.
  • Make payment arrangements for AS.
  • Pick up DVDs from library. - my husband did it.
  • Send in payment for AS.
  • Dye hair.
  • Renew library cards at Perry.
  • Send pics to my SIL in Vegas.
  • Laundry:  clothes (3 loads), towels (1 load), linens (1 load), rugs (1 load), uniforms (1 load)
  • Send back computer blower to Amazon for a refund. - husband dropped off at UPS.
  • File for refund for blower with Amazon.  - Amazon has processed it and I should receive in 2-3 days.
  • Replace down comforter and pillows.
  • Update driver's license for my husband - a zillion people there, so another time, maybe February
  • Follow up on husband's health insurance - Call next week if I don't get a letter in the mail.
  • Update my husband's ss card at the ss administration office in downtown Phx - February?
  • Pay for son's field trip fee in January.
  • Pay for son's Chess Club. - I can't believe it's so expensive (it was last January, too)
  • Get radiator replaced. - Will do after Chinese New Year's.
  • Put away summer clothes and hang winter clothes up.
  • Make photo album for husband's mom. 
  • Make photo album for kids' Grandma M. 
  • Upload videos to YT for kids for karate. - Loaded this to the wrong YT account.
  • I need to get an estimate on the repairs and fax to them this week. - I called JT regarding this and he told me what I needed to do.
  • Get some ActivaFulvic.
  • Apply at ST, EJ, CW.
  • Resolve format issues with some MP3s to my iPod.
  • Continue with job search.
  • File paperwork in crate.
  • Explorer Things To Fix List - rear 3rd brake light (whole assembly $120 + labor), passenger side powered mirror ($31 from eBay + labor), passenger front seat powered windows ($120-200 total), left rear tail light ($35 from eBay + labor), rear windshield wiper ($20 from eBay + labor), front hood strut mechanism, rear driver's side door fixing it ($200), replace radiator ($200-300)
SLEEP:
  • 11:30 pm - 6:00 am (6.5 hrs) - still not enough sleep.  Still going to bed too late.
FOOD JOURNAL:
Breakfast  (9:00 am) - 1 egg with black pepper

Lunch (1:00 pm) - a bowl of Sancocho (Colombian Beef Soup) again ---> Leftovers from last week

Dinner (6:00 pm) - Bacon alfredo with zucchini & carrot noodles ----> the last of this leftover from last week

EXERCISE - Rest Day 

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive