Index Labels

Wk 6, Day 5 - Fri, 10-Jan-2014

. . No comments:
5 GRATITUDES (Thank you, Heavenly Papa!):
  • For 2 free Zoo Light tickets and 2 discounted tickets.
  • For completing my subcon work today.
  • For God helping me get through this day without crashing or being too irritable (I wasn't).
  • For both the kids doing well on their project presentations today.
  • For being able to see our son's presentation.  When he goes into his next school, we won't be able to see any presentations.
THOUGHTS:
  • I've not had good sleep since taking the steroid medication they gave me last Saturday, which I started on Sunday.  It counteracts the codeine.  Today has been the first day I've not taken either the codeine cough suppressant nor the steroid.  I don't need to take the steroid anymore, thank God!  
  • Did not cough at all in the morning.  Praise God!  However, while eating lunch and shortly afterwards, I was coughing a little, but it subsided for the most part for the rest of the day.  Been sucking on cough drops all day, though.
  • Yesterday was the first day drinking the tea concoction I have been with fresh turmeric.  I wonder if this was the key that is bring the coughing to an end.  I really hope so.  It's really tiresome.
  • Really surprised I was able to make it through and get all my subcon work done for today today because I was gone most of the morning for the oil change and most of the afternoon for our son's presentation on Martin Luther.  Good presentation, but classroom was packed with nearly 100 people.
  • Thankful and grateful for my sister giving us two free Zoo Light tickets, and purchasing discounted tickets for us.  Not sure how much it would've cost for a family of 4.  Okay.  I went to the website.  It would've cost us $56 and instead we pay $26, so she saved us $30.  Thank you to my sister for this and her husband.
  • Both my husband and I seem tired today.  Long week that was disjointed by kids starting back in school and having half days for 3 of the days and project stuff going on.
  • Next week will be a normal week with normal times.  We need to get my husband's logistical stuff going on - ssn, dln updated to reflect his permanent resident status and health insurance.  Fun stuff.
  • Will try to work as much as I can this weekend to make up for not taking my normal work on Thurs, not taking weekend work last week, and not working New Year's Day.  This pay period will be a lot less pay.
  • Found out the radiator probably has a hairline fracture and we have to replace it.  The radiator has a lifetime warranty, but we are going to forego it.  When this radiator gets replaced, it will be the 4th radiator in about 5-6 years.  Though the radiator is free, the labor isn't.  We are having our mechanic give us a name brand radiator that will hopefully last.  I will be giving a Yelp review of that business a bad review because of them giving us parts that are supposed to last.  
ACTIONS:
  • Took my heart meds, hair supps, Multi vitamins, fish oil, probiotics, cinnamon, Zn, Mg, Ca
  • Drank some tea with ginger, turmeric, lemon, green tea. 
  • Used vaporizer with hydrogen peroxide.
  • Taking prescribed cough medication and now an antibiotic.  No more steroids.  Really messing up my sleep.
LIFE TO DOs:
  • Get IE bookmarks onto IE11.  My old laptop could not upgrade even to IE8 (I think).
  • Oil Change - Friday morning
  • Get Friday's subcon work done.
  • Listen, watch and record son's 5th grade presentation on Martin Luther.
  • Pickup library stuff.
  • Post office.
  • Pay for and get zoo light tickets from my sister - Very generous she gave us 2 free zoo light tickets!
  • Laundry - rugs, towels
  • Scholarships for the kids for karate - apply
  • Update my husband's ss card at the ss administration office in downtown Phx - next week
  • Update driver's license for my husband - next week
  • Pay for son's field trip fee in January. - pay before field trip
  • Put away summer clothes and hang winter clothes up.
  • Make photo album for husband's mom. 
  • Make photo album for kids' Grandma M. 
  • Upload videos to YT for kids for karate. - Loaded this to the wrong YT account.
  • I need to get an estimate on the repairs and fax to them this week. - I called JT regarding this and he told me what I needed to do.
  • Get some ActivaFulvic.
  • Apply at ST, EJ, CW.
  • Resolve format issues with some MP3s to my iPod.
  • Continue with job search.
  • File paperwork in crate.
  • Explorer Things To Fix List - rear 3rd brake light (whole assembly $120 + labor), passenger side powered mirror ($31 from eBay + labor), passenger front seat powered windows ($120-200 total), left rear tail light ($35 from eBay + labor), rear windshield wiper ($20 from eBay + labor), front hood strut mechanism, rear driver's side door fixing it ($200)
SLEEP:
  • 9:45 pm - 1:15 am, 5:00 am - 6:00 am (4.5 hrs) - I'm very upset.  It's the steroid medication that is messing up my sleep.  My husband came to bed around 1:15 am and every night since on this medication (thank God it's only for 5 days), I wake up.  This time, I couldn't fall back to sleep until nearly 5 am, that's nearly 4 hrs awake.  Arrgh.  I wanted a full 8 hrs and even went to bed early enough.
FOOD JOURNAL:
Breakfast  (7:00 am) - eggs scrambled brussel sprouts with a little sea salt & cheddar cheese.  That's the last of the brussel sprouts.

Lunch (12:45 pm) - Bacon Cheddar Hot & Spicy McChicken, 1/2 large fries, large Dr. Pepper (yeah, I know).

Dinner (6:30 pm) - Coconut, Lime & Cilantro Chicken over Tumeric Cilantro, Lime Rice


EXERCISE - Rest Day 

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive