Index Labels

Wk 8, Day 2 - Tues, 21-Jan-2014

. . No comments:
5 GRATITUDES (Thank you, Heavenly Papa!):
  • Thank you God for fewer interruptions today in my subcon work.  
  • Thank you God my subcon place will be back to paying a little more for our work.
  • Thank you God for a good day.
  • Thank you God I finally got through for my husband's health insurance.
  • Thank you God for a reasonably good day.
THOUGHTS:
  • Honestly, I don't know how to get rid of this cough.  Maybe I should try a 2-3 day juice fast?  I haven't tried that yet.  Nothing has seemed to really work.
  • My husband, kids and I enjoyed our time in Vegas where my mom and brother & his family live.  We didn't really go anywhere but spend time with them, though, we wanted to visit the Pawn Shop that is on the History channel.  When we drove down there, the area looked a bit scary and we opted to just drive on through and not stop.  Downtown Vegas looks pretty bad.  Phoenix's downtown looks wonderful and safe compared.
  • Went to Lee Lee's to get some stuff for tonight's Beef Chow Mein using egg noodles.  We made enough for 2 meals, so two batches.  My batch didn't turn out as good as my husband's, so he had to correct my batch.  He paid better attention to my mom when she was teaching us how to make this dish.  My bad.  I'm sure he's pretty happy that his part of the dish tasted super yummy.  But, he also put more oil than I did.  Everything tastes better with more oil.
  • We will miss our neighbor when they move in a month.  They are great neighbors and our kids love playing with their kids.  Both the mom and dad are awesome people.
  • Was hoping I would've had time for a workout, but running errands, getting my subcon work done, phone calls to get things done, no time for a workout.  I know, I've got to make time.
  • Jobs, jobs, jobs.
  • Wrote a few more reviews on Yelp.

ACTIONS:
  • Took my heart meds, hair supps, Multi vitamins, fish oil, probiotics, cinnamon, Zn, Mg, Ca
  • Drank ginger, turmeric, green tea with honey & lemon.
  • Unfortunately I've been using a lot of cough drops.  This has seemed to keep the awful cough at bay.  The antibiotics and steroids didn't work.  My mom bought me some Chinese cough syrup, but I don't know if that's working either.
LIFE TO DOs:
  • Get Tuesday's subcon work done.
  • Make appointment for my dad's car to get the oil changed - Scheduled for Thurs AM.
  • Pay post office box by end of month.
  • Renew library cards at Perry.
  • Send pics to my SIL in Vegas.
  • Get mantecadas for husband.
  • Send back computer blower to Amazon for a refund.
  • Replace down comforter and pillows.
  • Update driver's license for my husband
  • Follow up on husband's health insurance - took a month for them to receive my documents and I finally got through.  Appears that I was calling the incorrect numbers and I got the right number now to call.  They are reviewing the case and hopefully I'll know on whether my husband can get health ins or not.  Spoke to two agents and had wait times of over an hour.
  • Update my husband's ss card at the ss administration office in downtown Phx
  • Pay for son's field trip fee in January.
  • Pay for son's Chess Club.
  • Get radiator replaced.
  • Put away summer clothes and hang winter clothes up.
  • Make photo album for husband's mom. 
  • Make photo album for kids' Grandma M. 
  • Upload videos to YT for kids for karate. - Loaded this to the wrong YT account.
  • I need to get an estimate on the repairs and fax to them this week. - I called JT regarding this and he told me what I needed to do.
  • Get some ActivaFulvic.
  • Apply at ST, EJ, CW.
  • Resolve format issues with some MP3s to my iPod.
  • Continue with job search.
  • File paperwork in crate.
  • Explorer Things To Fix List - rear 3rd brake light (whole assembly $120 + labor), passenger side powered mirror ($31 from eBay + labor), passenger front seat powered windows ($120-200 total), left rear tail light ($35 from eBay + labor), rear windshield wiper ($20 from eBay + labor), front hood strut mechanism, rear driver's side door fixing it ($200)
SLEEP:
  • 11:30 pm - 5:45 am (6.25 hrs) - not enough sleep - was finishing up some weekend work and unpacking from our trip to Vegas.
FOOD JOURNAL:
Breakfast  (8:15 am) - 2 eggs with black pepper

Lunch (12:30 pm) - a bowl of Sancocho (Colombian Beef Soup) ---> Leftovers from last week

Dinner (7:15 pm) - a bowl of beef chow mein (homemade) - egg noodles, beef that was marinated in sesame oil, white pepper, soy sauce (gluten free) and corn starch (if you don't want to use this, you can use arrowroot), bean sprouts and olive oil  ---->  My husband and I made this, our first Chinese dish together that my mom showed us how to make this past weekend

EXERCISE - Rest Day 

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive