Index Labels

Wk 6, Day 3 - Wed, 8-Jan-2014

. . No comments:
5 GRATITUDES (Thank you, Heavenly Papa!):
  • For my new laptop, new O/S, and most everything setup easily and not as much time as I thought.
  • For the kids' good grades.
  • For my husband being very supportive of all my stuff.
  • For God giving me lots of grace and with everyone I dealt with today.
  • For the gorgeous weather here in the valley.
THOUGHTS:
  • My dad was real excited that WinCo was close by now as they built one near the Costco by us.  Some things are less expensive that we use - rolled oats, croutons, whey protein, some canned soups.  But, overall, the places we've been shopping at gives us the best deals.  The thing I like most of WinCo is some of their bulk food area.  They do have a lot of stuff and if I want to try a bigger or smaller amount I can.  Anyway, just one more store to give us choices.
  • It took a bit to get everything setup on my new laptop.  Found that the cable from the 2nd monitor to the old laptop is different than to my new laptop, which my monitor has the VGA, DVI and HDMI ability to connect.  My new laptop is just HDMI.  Best Buy had this cable for $30.  Radio Shack for $25.  Wal-Mart for $17.  Target for $14.  I only needed a 3' cable.  And with Target, I get 5% off, which covers 2/3rds of the tax.  Found that when connecting the HDMI cable, now the laptop wants to get sound from my monitor because it thinks it's a TV.  It's not.  Thankfully my husband new that and changed the sound settings back to the laptop.  Now all my subcontracting stuff is connected and working.  I'm 2 hours behind schedule.
  • Found my son's sweater in the lost and found, which he says he's been looking for it.  I doubt it.  That's a $40 specialized sweater.  I should spank his butt for lying.
  • I was really angry that my son forgot his school project at home half way on the way to school, so we had to turn around as the project is due today and that made him late for school.  Great, 2nd day and late to school for the semester.  Good start.
  • My daughter's semester project is due tomorrow and she thought it was the end of January.  Not good.  I'm really not happy with all this.
  • Thankful to my husband for being chauffeur to the kids for their school stuff while I work on my laptop setup stuff and working.
  • Helping my husband with his job stuff.  He is getting more comfortable with the written and verbal communications but has a way to go here.
  • I am going to have to request a day off work tomorrow or a lighter work day as I didn't realize I use so many Auto Corrects that this is really impeding my performance time.  I was not able to transfer the auto corrects from my other laptop because I didn't know where to look for them, plus, I also put even more ACs in.  I've spent the last 5 hrs doing this and have only gotten 1/5th of my work done so far today.  Uggh.  I'm so tired.
  • My cough seems to come when I'm eating and not really any other times today.
ACTIONS:
  • Took my heart meds, hair supps, Multi vitamins, fish oil, probiotics, cinnamon 
  • Drank a lot tea with ginger, lemon, green tea.
  • Used vaporizer with hydrogen peroxide.
  • Taking prescribed cough medication and now an antibiotic and steroid - Maybe this is now kicking in.
LIFE TO DOs:
  • Setup new laptop.
    • Transfer documents to laptop. - I will do this since it's not a ton of files.
    • Install subcon programs on it. 
    • Get HDMI to HDMI for 2nd monitor
    • Customize Word & Excel for new laptop
    • Change sound settings 
    • Transfer 2012-2014 to laptop
    • Re-enter all my Auto Corrects in Word - a pain.  I didn't know where they were stored.  Honestly, I didn't realize I use a lot of Auto Corrects and this took me a few hours to do.
    • Transfer of iTunes library to a new location.
    • Reinstall printer stuff to new laptop.
  • Oil Change - Friday morning
  • Pickup videos from library.
  • Declutter husband's phone of picture stuff
  • Pickup multi-vitamins & probiotic from LH.
  • Parent teacher conferences with son's teachers 
  • Find son's school sweater in lost & found - Found and washed it
  • Buy stuff for parent-teacher lunch stuff for Friday
  • Buy fresh turmeric  - LeeLee's sells this for $2 a container.  They have 2 kinds (yellow and white) turmeric.  It looks like fresh ginger but much smaller in size.
  • Get Wednesday's subcon work done.
  • Laundry - rugs, towels, 2 loads of clothes
  • Update my husband's ss card at the ss administration office in downtown Phx - next week
  • Update driver's license for my husband - next week
  • Pay for son's field trip fee in January. - pay before field trip
  • Put away summer clothes and hang winter clothes up.
  • Make photo album for husband's mom. 
  • Make photo album for kids' Grandma M. 
  • Upload videos to YT for kids for karate. - Loaded this to the wrong YT account.
  • I need to get an estimate on the repairs and fax to them this week. - I called JT regarding this and he told me what I needed to do.
  • Get some ActivaFulvic.
  • Apply at ST, EJ, CW.
  • Resolve format issues with some MP3s to my iPod.
  • Continue with job search.
  • File paperwork in crate.
  • Explorer Things To Fix List - rear 3rd brake light (whole assembly $120 + labor), passenger side powered mirror ($31 from eBay + labor), passenger front seat powered windows ($120-200 total), left rear tail light ($35 from eBay + labor), rear windshield wiper ($20 from eBay + labor), front hood strut mechanism, rear driver's side door fixing it ($200)
SLEEP:
  • 11:15 pm - 6:00 am (6.75 hrs) - I finished work way early yesterday and then was looking up how to do things on YT and the time got away from me.  So tired and a bit sore.
FOOD JOURNAL:
Breakfast  (7:00 am) - eggs scrambled with tumeric rice, sea salt, cheddar cheese and cayenne pepper

Lunch (1:00 pm) - Bacon, cheddar hot & spicy McChicken, and some fries

Dinner (6:45 pm) - some mini tacos, some mini eggrolls, 2 regular eggrolls, 3 medium tacos

EXERCISE - Rest Day 



No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive