Index Labels

Wk 6, Day 1 - Mon, 6-Jan-2014

. . No comments:
5 GRATITUDES (Thank you, Heavenly Papa!):
  • For getting a workout done.  That's two this year so far.  Yay!
  • Got all my Monday's subcon work done.  
  • For good food to eat.
  • For the warm weather here in the Phoenix area.  It helps in me feeling better.
  • The kids did some weeding in the front yard.
THOUGHTS:
  • Very glad I got a workout done.  It felt good, despite still coughing.
  • Learning to let me body naturally cool down and warm up, especially after a workout or waking up from a nap or sleep.  It's not good to shock your body temperature wise and though when you're young, it doesn't seem to matter as much, but I notice as I get older, this is an issue.  So, after and during my workouts, I do not use the fan and I wait until my body is completely cooled off before taking a shower.  Quite an adjustment.
  • Today was the last day I could wake up late.  Gotta get to bed earlier and wake up early.  Tomorrow starts back to the normal routine.
  • Our daughter found a scorpion.  Guess with the warmer temps, they are coming out.  My body is liking the warmer temps, but so are the scorpions.  Did you know that you can kill a scorpion with IPA (Iso Propyl Alcohol)?  It's cheap.  You can get a bottle at the dollar store for $1.  Very effective in killing scorpions fairly quickly.
  • This is parent teacher conference time.  We met with 6 of our daughter's teachers.  Although she is getting excellent grades, she could be a better team player and not isolate herself so much.  That seemed to be the major consensus from 4 of the teachers.
  • Sent a note to my subcon job to let them know that by Wednesday or maybe Tuesday, depending on when my Windows 8.1 Pro comes and how long it takes to install, that I will be ready to move VS and the stuff to the new laptop.  I appreciate their patience.  A laptop is a big purchase and aside from Immigration, the needs of the car and a couple health things for me last year, this is one of our bigger expenses.
  • Decided to cancel subscription to TS.  It's not really as value added as I originally thought.  
ACTIONS:
  • Took my heart meds, hair supps, Multi vitamins, fish oil, probiotics, cinnamon 
  • Drank some of tea with ginger, lemon, green tea, and alkaline drops.
  • Used vaporizer with hydrogen peroxide.
  • Taking prescribed cough medication and now an antibiotic and steroid - not so sure it's working that great or not.
LIFE TO DOs:
  • Setup new laptop.
    • Transfer documents to laptop. - I will do this since it's not a ton of files.
    • Upgrade to Windows 8.1 Pro.
    • Install subcon programs on it.
  • Pickup multi-vitamins & probiotic from LH.
  • Get biotin and Z, Ca, Mg at CVS with sales and coupons. - glad I waited.  This saved me a bunch of money.  I saved about 62.5% on this.  It was buy one get one free, and then I had a $5 off coupon plus another $0.50-1 reward bucks.
  • Get lunch meat, jam and honey at Costco.
  • Go to daughter's parent teacher conference.
  • Get gas.
  • Get oil changed scheduled - Fri morning.
  • Laundry - rugs, towels
  • Update my husband's ss card at the ss administration office in downtown Phx. 
  • Update driver's license for my husband.
  • Pay for son's field trip fee in January. - will pay for in January.
  • Put away summer clothes and hang winter clothes up.
  • Make photo album for husband's mom. 
  • Make photo album for kids' Grandma M. 
  • Upload videos to YT for kids for karate. - Loaded this to the wrong YT account.
  • I need to get an estimate on the repairs and fax to them this week. - I called JT regarding this and he told me what I needed to do.
  • Get some ActivaFulvic.
  • Apply at ST, EJ, CW.
  • Resolve format issues with some MP3s to my iPod.
  • Continue with job search.
  • File paperwork in crate.
  • Explorer Things To Fix List - rear 3rd brake light (whole assembly $120 + labor), passenger side powered mirror ($31 from eBay + labor), passenger front seat powered windows ($120-200 total), left rear tail light ($35 from eBay + labor), rear windshield wiper ($20 from eBay + labor), front hood strut mechanism, rear driver's side door fixing it ($200)
SLEEP:
  •  12:00 am - 2:45 am, 4:30 am - 8:30 am (6.75 hrs). - mu husband came to bed at 2:45 am and he quickly fell asleep, but I couldn't get back to sleep for a long time.  Very annoying.  It might have been the one drug that kept me awake, but I took it in the morning.
FOOD JOURNAL:
Breakfast  (9:00 am) - eggs scrambled with turmeric rice.

Lunch (2:45 pm) - post workout protein shake (Goji berry leaves, kale, 3 celery stalks, 2 scoops whey protein, water, 3/4 scoop ground flaxseed, cinnamon, stevia, 2/3 cups fat free Greek yogurt) and one vegetable eggroll (microwaved) ---> frankly I'm still hungry, but won't eat anything else.

Dinner (7:00 pm) -  4 mini baked eggrolls, 8-8 mini chicken cheese tacos (baked) and a small piece of apple pie (1/2 slice) an hour later.

EXERCISE 
Workout Time = 1:51 pm

Warmup -  30 sec. each
  • Shoulder Rolls (forward and backward)
  • Arm Front Cross Swings
  • Torso Circles
  • Torso Twists (side to side)
  • High Knee March
  • Boxer Shuffle
    Zuzka ZSHRED #12



    Just the preview video

    Extreme Cardio and Strength Training

    Buy-In:
    • 1 min. jump rope
    3 Rounds for Time
    • 10 Box Jump Burpees (jump off a box and then do a burpee)
    • 5 Double Under Jump Ropes
    • 10 Weight Squats (1 - 12# DB) to Single Leg Deadlift 
    • 5 Double Under Jump Ropes
    • 20 Weighted Deadlift (DBs in both hands - 12# each) to Calf Raise
    • 5 Double Under Jump Ropes
    • 20 Alternating Weighted Step Ups with Side Leg Lift (DBs in both hands - 12# each)
    • 5 Double Under Jump Ropes 
    Cooldown:  8:58 min. - regular with foam roller

    Warmup:  Time = 3:13, Max HR = 109 bpm, Avg HR = 99 bpm
    Buy In:  Time = 1:00, Max HR = 110 bpm, Avg HR = 106 bpm 
    Round 1:  Time = 8:33, Max HR = 157 bpm, Avg HR = 145 bpm 
    Round 2:  Time = 7:39 Max HR = 166 bpm, Avg HR = 160 bpm
    Round 3:  Time = 7:25, Max HR = 171 bpm, Avg HR = 165 bpm
    Cooldown:  Time =11:20, Max HR = 163 bpm, Avg HR = 137 bpm

    Zone 1 = 4:08, Zone 2 = 3:00, Zone 3 = 5:11, Zone 4 = 6:20, Zone 5 = 16:00

    Total Time = 39:10
    Max HR = 171 bpm
    Avg HR = 144 bpm
    Total Calories = 564

    Notes:  The Weighted Squats with the Single Leg Deadlifts were my modification to her workout.  She did pistols instead of weighted squats.  My knees don't feel good doing these and so I don't do them.  She jumps off a higher box than me, which I believe her's is 18" and mine is 12".  She used 10# DBs and I used 12# DBs.  I finished my workout before she did, but I did better on my Double Under Jump Ropes (because I use an invisible jump rope) and pistols take longer than just a regular squat.

    But, this was as close to her workouts as I've gotten since I got since.  So I'm happy with this workout.  My coughing was not real great and it did impede my breathing some.  I am glad to have gotten a workout done, though and a tough one.  I could feel this in my lower back.

    No comments:

    Printfriendly

    Welcome

    Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

    Make yourself at home!!!

    Translate

    Blog Archive