Index Labels

Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto

. . No comments:
This was taken from Suzanne Somers Eat, Cheat and Melt the Fat Away book, page 156.  I love pesto so much.

Makes 1.5 cups.

Ingredients:
  • 12 tomatoes, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • sea salt & ground pepper

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to lowest temperature - about 150° F.
  • Lay tomato slices on baking sheets.  Sprinkle them with salt & epper & and a little olive oil.  Place in center of oven.  Let tomatoes dry for about 3 hrs.  They should feel dry to the touch but not dried out.  Alittle bit of wetness keeps the flavor really nice. 
  • Rotate baking sheets every now and then so the tomatoes cook evenly.
  • Remove tomatoes from oven & put ehm, in batches, into food processor. 
  • Pulse until roughly pureed.
  • Store in refrigerator.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive