Index Labels

Basil Pesto

. . No comments:
This was taken from Suzanne Somers Eat, Cheat and Melt the Fat Away book, page 155.  I love pestos.

Makes 1.5 cups.

Ingredients:
  • 1 or more cloves garlic
  • 3 Tbspns unsalted butter
  • 1/4 tspn ground white pepper
  • pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
  • 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 cups loosely packed basil leaves, stems removed
  • 1/4 cup Italian parsley leaves, stems removed
  • 2 Tbspns walnuts
  • 1 Tbspn pine nuts
  • 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • sea salt & ground pepper

Directions:
  • Add garlic, butter, white pepper, and nutmeg.  With processor running, add Parmesan, then basil and parsley, then nuts.
  • Trickle with oil into processor until sauce is smooth.  If necessary, add a little hot water to the sauce in order to reach desire consistency. 
  • Add salt & pepper to taste.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive