Index Labels

AA2 Week 3, Day 5 - Fri, 1-Apr-2011

. . No comments:
SMARTER GOAL - Not take a nap so I can get back on a good sleep hygiene schedule.

No naps today.  Praise God!  I'm exhausted and hoping to go to bed before 9 pm.

SLEEP RECEIVED:  3:30 am - 6:45 am (3.25 hrs) ----> I'm so tired.  Had insomnia last night because I slept too long yesterday for naps.

WATER CONSUMED (Goal is 100 oz):
Drank 24 oz by 8:30 am
Drank 22 oz by 12:15 am (46 oz total)
Drank 22 oz by 2:00 pm (68 oz total)
Drank 22 oz by 5:30 pm (90 oz total)
Drank 22 oz by 8:00 pm (112 oz total)

--------------------------------

MEALS EATEN:  P+C Day
Meal 1 (7:15 am):   about 2 scrambled organic eggs with grapeseed oil

Meal 2 (8:30 am):  about 1/2 handful of granola w/2 tbspns peanut butter

----> I've just been so craving this

Meal 3 (1:30 pm):  Greens smoothie - red swiss chard, frozen mango, blueberries, strawberries, psyllium husk, Mila, fat free Greek yogurt, banana, cinnamon, water

----> I wanted to get more sleep, but couldn't.  Didn't feel sleepy, then I wanted to get my workout in before eating again otherwise I'll have to wait and then probably won't do my workout.

Meal 4 (5:45 pm):  6-8 beef mini tacos, 2 veggie burger patties (1 had 2 tbspns guacamole, the other 2 tbspns organic ketchup)

----> Yeah, this wasn't a good thing to have.  It was easier than pulling out the salad stuff and I really didn't want to eat salad.  Waited way too long to eat, but after school, the kids and I drove through 2 cities to go to a 2nd hand sports store to pick up a $13 - 12 lb medicine ball.  Even with the gas used, it was way cheaper than buying new.  On the way home, we stopped to get some veggies for us and some horses.  Then, we stopped to feed about a dozen horses (3 colts) and talk with the horses.  My kids love horses.

After that, the post office, then the library to check out 25 books and some DVDs for my kids.  They signed up for a reading program and need to each read 15 books in the next 16 days.  The books were really heavy to carry.  By the time we got home, it was 5:30 pm and I was plumb tired.

Today reached 100° F and I had to turn on the A/C in my car.  Sweating so much going in and out of the car.  Thankfully I hadn't showered after my workout, but I'm so grubby right now as I write this.  Even after eating that food, I'm still really hungry.  I really wolfed the food down.

When I eat every 2-3 hrs, I tend to eat less and not want to binge and going long periods without enough sustenance, I tend to make poorer choies.  Combine that with lack of sleep and HEAT, I'm just thankful we didn't stop by Sonic.  It's like an 8 min. walk from my home and a 2 min. drive from my neighborhood.

My lower back, especially the left side, doesn't feel too great.  Maybe some sciatic issues.  Going to take some Alleve, shower, and possibly hit the sack way early.  Yes, I missed my teen parenting class tonight, but I would've been useless for it.

--------------------------------

EXERCISE (shoes on):  12:46 pm - 1:30 pm

Warmup (2 rounds):  2:41
- Pushups x 8
- Squats x 12
- Spiderman Climbs x 10 total
- Jumping Jacks x 20

Weight Based Interval Workout - Week 3, Workout #3

Equipment Used:  Polar RS200SD Heartrate Monitor, Bosu Ball, Lifeline's Jungle Gym, 4-2# mini sandbags, foam roller

- Bodyweight Row Narrow Grip w/Feet on Bosu x 25 reps ---> Put feet on Bosu to create instability and added 10 reps more.   I added 5 more reps than the last time I did these.  A challenge.
- Sandbag One Legged Reach on Upside Down Bosu x 15 reps/leg ---> Added 4-2# mini sandbags (8 lbs total) to help create more instability.  Scott shows a medicine ball being used, but I don't have one.  Also, at the last minute, I changed this to stand on the bosu ball upside down.  Oh my gosh!!!  This was sooo hard!!!  With each round, my legs got soooo shaky that I could barely stand without falling.  My right leg was more stable to stand on than my left by far.
- Upside Down BOSU Spiderman Climbsx 25 reps/leg ---> Used the upside down bosu to create instability and added 10 reps/leg more.  These were too easy the first round, but as I got tired, my arms were shaky.  I'm thinking having the hands on the foam roller would be more challenging than on the upside down Bosu.
Squat Thrust Push Ups on Foam Roller x 20 pushups ---> Did the pushups with my hands on the foam roller to create more instability to use my core more and increased the reps from 15 to 20 pushups.  Glad I didn't amke this 25 reps.  I did not do the jumps, though as my calves were pretty sore from yesterday, otherwise my heartrates would've been much higher.

Rounds Completed in 25 min.(added 5 min. total):  3.5 rounds  
R1 = 8:12, R2 = 7:54, R3 = 7:38, R4 = 3:52

Heartrates
R1:  Max Heartrate = 124 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 105 bpm
R2:  Max Heartrate = 130 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 117 bpm
R3:  Max Heartrate = 134 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 124 bpm
R4:  Max Heartrate = 136 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 129 bpm

Total Time (includes warmup, but not cooldown):  30:18
Calories Burned = 312
Max Heartrate = 136 bpm
Avg Heartrate = 116 bpm

Zone 1 = 9:20, Zone 2 = 1:50


Notes:  This was a really good workout.  Almost talked myself out of working out, but got my booty up and dressed to workout, then a friend IM'd me on Yahoo IM when I was just about to start.  I told him I need to workout in 10 min. and he let me and I said I would be back in 45 min. and was.  Woohoo.

I LOVED the 1-Legged Weighted Reach on an Upside/Down Bosu.  I could feel my whole calf and hamstrings, and abs working really hard here.  I'm not sure if I've ever done this before, but it was really cool.  Having the leg go behind is much easier than having the free leg in front.

COOLDOWN:  10 min.
- Foam roller on length and width of back, IT bands
- Large yellow golf ball on psoas
- Some stretching of hams & lower back

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive