Index Labels

AA2 Week 4, Day 2 - Tues, 5-Apr-2011

. . 1 comment:
SMARTER GOAL - Get both of my workouts done today without injury.

This did not happen.  My heartrate decreased so rapidly while my exercise got more intense.  This was not normal.  Felt dizzy, lightheaded and decided to go lie down.

SLEEP RECEIVED:  11:30 pm - 6:00 am (6.5 hrs) ----> Still pretty tired; I had these horrible dreams.  Henry and the kids were in them, as well as a bunch of other people.

Nap:  9:30 am - 11:45 am (2.25 hrs) ----> Feeling nauseated upon waking, and quite disoriented.

WATER CONSUMED (Goal is 100 oz):
Drank 22 oz by 9:30 am
Drank 22 oz by 1:30 pm (44 oz total)
Drank 22 oz by 2:30 pm (66 oz total)
Drank 22 oz by 4:30 pm ( oz total)
Drank 22 oz by 8:30 pm ( oz total)

--------------------------------

MEALS EATEN:  P+C Day
Meal 1 (7:15 am):   2-3 organic eggs scrambled with some turkey breast, grapeseed oil

----> I started off making some eggs for me and when I finished, my daughter asked for some of it, so I gave her some.  Finished washing all the plates and everything, then my son asked if he could have some of what was left of my eggs, so I gave him half or more of what was left, which probably left me with a little less than an egg.  So, I cooked 2 more eggs with turkey and when I got done with that, he loved what he ate, so he asked for more.  I'm guessing I ate somewhere in the end, 2, maybe close to 3 eggs or maybe not. 

Meal 2 (8:45 am):   I have been craving a lot of oats, hence all the granola & peanut butter.  So, today instead of eating granola, I just decided to make a bowl of oatmeal (1/4 cup dried with 1/2 cup water cooked in the microwave) with cinnamon, a teaspoon of sunflower butter, 1/2 cup of blueberries, and 1/2 oz of walnuts.

---->  I'm not sure why I've been craving granola/oats for about a week now.  Maybe I'm deficient in something?  Today is actually a P day for me, but I made it a P+C Day because I'm eating the oatmeal.  I figure this is better than eating something like potatoes or tator tots.

Meal 3 (12:30 pm):  a small piece of raisin bread my dad made (too many raisins), and 4 small chicken bundles (chicken portion is like a heaping tablespoon full of ground chicken/veggies) 

Meal 4 (5:30 pm):  chicken stew with festive quinoa

Meal 5 (8:15 pm):  granola & peanut butter


--------------------------------

EXERCISE (shoes OFF):  1:16 pm - 1:26 pm

Warmup (2 rounds): 
- Pushups x 8
- Squats x 12
- Spiderman Climbs x 10 total
- Jumping Jacks x 20

Weight Based Interval Workout - Week 4, Workout #1

Equipment Used:  Polar RS200SD Heartrate Monitor, Jungle Gym, Bosu Ball, Swiss Ball

- Overhead Bulgarian Split Squats w/Back Ft on Swiss Ball x 20 reps/leg ---> Kept this the same as what I had last week. 
- Bodyweight Row Narrow Grip w/Ft on Bosu x 25 reps ---> Added 10 reps to what Scott had, and 5 more to what I did last week.
- Side to Side Squat Jumps w/12# Medicine Ball x 30 reps ---> Doubled the amount of reps from 15 to 30 reps.  Added the medicine ball to this, but kept reps the same as last week.
Upside/Down BOSU Mountain Jumper - Push Ups x 30 reps ---> Increased my reps by 5 reps from last week.

Rounds Completed in 25 min.:  1


Notes:  My heartrate had dropped down into the 50s/60s by the time I finished the 4th exercise in this set and that was not good.  Went to immediately go check my blood pressure, which was 123/73, which I thought was a little low after doing all that jumping.  Felt nauseated, lightheaded and dizzy.  Still feel that way a bit without the lightheadedness right now.

Going to nix working out today.  Put in a call to my doctor.

---------------------------------------------------

My doctor called me back and we talked about the history of my heart.  Anyway, though I do not feel sick, like I'm coming down with anything, she said I could be and not know it.  She said to ease up on the cinnamon and cut one of the BP bills I have in half, as my body can be adapting and not needing as much as that.  It could be a combination of things.

She wants me to take it easy for a few more days, no intense workouts.  Walking is alright, but not the AA workouts.  I'm to continue to monitor my heartrates, but also do my BPs.  If this happens again, then she'll order the array of heart tests to see how my heart is doing.

As of this writing right now, I'm still not feeling 100%.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Hey Doris,
Just checking in, My goodness you have me worried. Please take it easy! Maybe you are pushing yourself too hard? Your sleep pattern was way off. I am sure your body is tired, but maybe your doctor is right, you might be coming down with something. It is a good thing you stopped working out and listened to your body. You seem to be eating good and drinking water, and except for that extreme sleep pattern your sleep has been fairly good too! But Doris, you have been under a tremendous amount of stress. I wish there was something I could do. I will continue to pray for you. Please take care. I am here if you need me.
God Bless,
Gina

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive