Index Labels

AA2 Week 6, Day 3 - Wed, 20-Apr-2011

. . 1 comment:
SMARTER GOAL - Have an actual P Day

SLEEP RECEIVED:  1:30 am - 5:45 am (4.25 hrs) ---->  Hard time falling asleep, but I napped quite a bit yesterday as I was so exhausted from everything going on the past week.

Nap:  1:30 pm - 3:00 pm (this helped a lot, but I missed volunteering for my kids' classes)

WATER CONSUMED (Goal is 100 oz):
Drank 22 oz by 11:00 am
Drank 22 oz by 4:30 pm (44 oz total)
Drank 22 oz by 8:30 pm (66 oz total)
22 oz by 7:30 pm (88 oz total)
22 oz by 9:30 pm (110 oz total)

MEALS EATEN:  P Day
Meal 1 (10:45 am):  2 scoops vanilla Prograde Workout powder in 16 oz water with spinach, psyllium husk, cinnamon

---->  I decided to not do the normal greens protein smoothie I normally make as I have a doctor's appointment at 11:30 am and don't want to weigh extra as my smoothie normally is 42+ oz.

Meal 2 (12:45 pm):  chicken & bean burrito

Meal 3 (4:15 pm):  1.5 serving mini beef tacos

Meal 4 (7:00 pm):  chicken caesar bake

---->  Being tired makes me really feel lazy and not eat properly.  Uggh. 

---------------------------------------------

Exercise (Shoes On):  10:10 am - 10:42 am


Weight BasedDB Intervals - Week 6 - #2: 

Equipment Used:  GymBoss Interval Timer, Polar RS200SD Heartrate Monitor, Pampered Chef Timer (this is for the overall minutes), Bosu Ball, 6" dia x 36" L foam roller, Lifeline JungleGym, 10/12/15# pair dumbbells

Warmup (2 rounds):  3:28
- Pushups x 8
- Squats x 12
- Spiderman Climbs x 10 total
- Jumping Jacks x 20

- Upside Down BOSU Grasshoppers with Push Ups x 20 pushups ---> Same as last week.  I am much more tired this week and thought I could do better here.  It's about the same as last week.
- Upside Down BOSU DB Squat to Y Press x 10 lbs x 20 reps ---> The last round was a killer for me.  I could barely make it through.  Kept this the same as last week.
- DB One Legged Step Up (to Foam Roller) with Bicep Curl x 15 lbs x 10 reps/leg  ---> Kept this the same as last week.  The 15 lb DBs seemed super heavy the last round.  When I stepped up, it was a high knee step up.  I had more control & balance this week than last.
- Upside Down BOSU DB Squat with Bent Over Rear Raise x 12 lbs x 15 reps ---> I actually did the right exercise this week.  Kept the weight the same as I intended to last week.  This was my favorite of all the exercises today and the lunges.

Rounds Completed = 3.25
Round 1 = 5:59, Round 2 = 6:10, Round 3 = 6:29, Round 4 = 2:12 (only 1st exercise)

Heartrates Per Round:
Round 1:  Max Heartrate = 108 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 99 bpm
Round 2:  Max Heartrate = 107 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 103 bpm
Round 3:  Max Heartrate = 113 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 106 bpm
Round 4:  Max Heartrate = 109 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 103 bpm

Total Time:  24:19
Calories Burned:  184
Max Heartrate:  113 bpm
Avg Heartrate:   102 bpm 

Notes:  I was able to get 0.25 round more this time, though, I still felt pretty tired in my upper body and had to rest a little in each exercise for each round, even in round 1.  I kept all the weights and reps the same as last week as I could barely do last week.  Today it was such a challenge for me and I definitely cannot move up in weight or reps right now.

My heartrate, however, was anywhere from 5-9 bpm lower either for max or average heartrates, so, my body is adapting.  If I'm to keep the weights the same as well as the weights, I will need to speed up doing these exercises to challenge my heartrate more.

Couplet Finisher for 5 min. - #2
Bodyweight Rows on Bosu:  R1 = 20 reps, R2 = 15 reps, R3 = 14 reps
Forward Lunges to Bosu:  R1 = 32, reps, R2 = 27 reps, R3 = 26 reps


R1 = 2:18, R2 = 1:50, R3 = 1:40

Heartrates Per Round:
Round 1:  Max Heartrate = 115 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 108 bpm
Round 2:  Max Heartrate = 121 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 118 bpm
Round 3:  Max Heartrate = 121 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 119 bpm

Total Time:  5:49
Calories Burned:  52
Max Heartrate:  116 bpm
Avg Heartrate:   109 bpm


Notes:  I did about the same number of reps on the rows, but I increased by quite a few reps for the lunges.  Felt stronger on the lunges as this was not a challenging lower body workout.  My upper body was already tired from the workout.

My heartrates were lower on this couplet workout.  To bring this up, I will need to go faster next time, but I won't be doing this workout again as we only repeat the workouts once in this program.

Walk in the Park

I walked about 1 mile not recording it and the rest I did.  Turned off my heartrate monitor.
Total Time:  1:08:02
Calories Burned:  548
Max Heartrate:  118 bpm
Avg Heartrate:  103 bpm

Total Distance = 3.31 miles
Max Speed = 17:20 min./mile
Avg Speed = 20:32 min/mile

Notes

1 comment:

Gina said...

Hey Doris,
Great job! I was tired during this workout too! So glad when it was over! Hang in there you are amazing!

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive