Index Labels

Wk 16, Day 6 - Saturday, 21-Jun-2014

. . No comments:
WORSHIP SONG:


Empty Handed - Lindsay McCaul

5 GRATITUDES (Thank you, Heavenly Papa!):
  • Thank you God we got to use up the plantains before they went bad.
  • Thank you God for a reserve of meat in the freezer.
  • Thank you God for standards.
  • Thank you God for good books.
  • Thank you God that You never change.
THOUGHTS:
  • I attempted to watch this one movie, but the profanity was super bad that I didn´t get 5 min. into the movie.  Bad choice to even get that from the library, even though the topic is one I love.  I watched Saving Mr. Banks yesterday and that was a good movie.
  • I significantly better than I did yesterday.  Having all that extra sleep really helped my body to heal and though I woke up with my neck, shoulders, upper back still tight, doing the high intensity cardio stuff helped bring blood flow to the area and helped me feel much better.  I knew that I had already worked on it, that it wasn´t injured, iced, TENS unit and all, so it just needed rest.  I do believe if I had not worked out with the cardio, it would not have healed as quickly.

    When you´re sore, it´s also best to not just rest and recover, put heat, have good nutrition, but also the next day, even if you don´t feel like it to get moving with doing some type of cardio.  It will help the soreness go away quicker, which has been my experience.  If you sit around, it just takes it longer to stop being sore.
  • Both my husband were far less stressed today.  We all stayed home and went nowhere, which felt great.  I got to catch up on my subcon work that I didn´t do much of yesterday.  
  • Our son is learning some programming stuff on Codec this summer.
  • Thankful my dad seems to be doing better and healing.
  • Thankful my husband and son are faithfully attending to watering his yard, which takes over an hour for the both of them.
ACTIONS:
  • Probiotic & 2x krill oil - before breakfast
  • 3 tpsns Braggs raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar in 8 oz water - before breakfast
  • My heart meds, hair supps, Multi-vitamins, cinnamon, Zn, Mg, Ca, selenium supp, Vit E - dinner
  • Water - some water
  • Did EFT for:  nothing
  • Hibiscus & green tea iced tea with stevia - more tea today
  • Trigger Point Work (or Myofascia Release) - nothing
  • Icing and TENS unit on upper back/shoulder areas
LIFE TO DOs:
  • Get Friday's work done.
  • Iron husband's dress shirts and slacks.
  • Laundry:  clothes (2 loads)
  • Use up plantains & corn
  • Get fresh mint for daughter.
  • Call Wednesday about changing the kids' registration for karate to Wednesday night.
  • Clean out humidifier.
  • Send email to PTO President next week regarding son's red polos.
  • Get red polos from PTO President.
  • Order kids' probiotics & iodine supp from LH
  • Drop clothes off at son's old school for donation
  • Buy hooks to hang bags for closet
  • Replace Boostaroo
  • Update driver's license for my husband - this week
  • Update my husband's ss card at the ss administration office in downtown Phx - this week
  • Make photo album for husband's mom & kids' Grandma M
  • Upload videos to YT for kids for karate. - Loaded this to the wrong YT account.
  • Resolve format issues with some MP3s to my iPod.
  • Continue with job search.
  • File paperwork in crate.
  • Explorer Things To Fix List - rear 3rd brake light (whole assembly $120 + labor), passenger side powered mirror ($31 from eBay + labor), passenger front seat powered windows ($120-200 total), left rear tail light ($35 from eBay + labor), rear windshield wiper ($20 from eBay + labor), front hood strut mechanism, rear driver's side door fixing it ($200)
SLEEP:
  • 9:30 pm - 7:30 pm (9.5 hrs) - I needed this.  Was woken up throughout the night due to my still neck/shoulder back, also my husband woke me up.  
FOOD JOURNAL:
Post Workout Protein Smoothie  (10:15 am) - fresh figs (from the fig tree), cantaloupe, honeydew, blackberries, cinnamon, whey protein, water, ice, ground flaxseed

Lunch (1:15 pm) -  2 chicken patties, 1 avocado, a roma tomato sliced, garlic and parsley salt

Dinner (7:15 pm) - corned beef with gold potatoes, onions, garlic, plantains, corn ---- Basically I wanted to use up leftover stuff we had

ZGym Workouts:
  • Monday - ZShred #45 - DONE!
  • Tuesday - Rest Day - DONE!
  • Wednesday - ZWow #115 - DONE!
  • Thursday -ZShred #26 - DONE!
  • Friday - Rest Day  - DONE!
  • Saturday - ZSpecial #3 - DONE!
  • Sunday - Rest Day - 
EXERCISE 
Workout Time = 9:14 am

Warmup -  30 sec. each (video below)
  • Lateral Step + Pull
  • Slow Rocking Butt Kickers
  • High Knee Pulls
  • Arm Swings + Lateral Step
  • 4 Torso Twist + Knee Up
  • Jog in Place
  • Squats
  • Front Kicks
  • Boxer Shuffle
  • Cross Toe Touches


Zuzka ZSpecial #3 (video clips of exercises below)

2 Rounds for TIME! 
  • 1 min. Jump Rope - High Knees
  • 20 Pendulum Leg Lift, Toe Touch
  • 1 min. Jump Rope - High Knees
  • 20 Table Top Hops
  • 1 min. Jump Rope - High Knees
  • 20 Dolphin Knee Tucks (Arms on Bosu Ball)
Cooldown - yoga mat

Warmup:  Time = 6:20, Max HR = 116 bpm, Avg HR = 104 bpm
Round 1:  Time = 9:52, Max HR = 129 bpm, Avg HR = 120 bpm
Round 2:  Time = 9:01, Max HR = 147 bpm, Avg HR = 135 bpm
Cooldown:  Time = 15:13, Max HR = 135 bpm, Avg HR = 114 bpm

Round 1 = 9:52
Round 2 = 9:01
--------------------
Total ZSpecial #3 = 18:53

Zone 1 = 8:22, Zone 2 = 3:18, Zone 3 = 2:22, Zone 4 = 1:28, Zone 5 = 0:00

Total Time = 40:28
Max HR = 147 bpm
Avg HR = 118 bpm
Total Calories = 408

Notes:  My original plan was to do this workout, but I woke up still not feeling so great in my upper back/shoulders/neck area.  I was a little unsure since this involved ab stuff.  But, I know sometimes when I'm not feeling so great there, that it helps to exercise, to get blood flowing through my whole body.   Early into my workout, I began feeling better, which is good, so I kept on.

The table hops were a challenge, and I didn't do the hopping as she did but my modified version.  I need more work on my shoulders to develop better strength and range of motion here.  I used the bosu to do the final exercise.  I find this better than doing on the mat and keeps my elbows from getting skinned up.  Plus, this helps me to use my core even more.

Although I still don't have total range of motion in my neck yet, it's less stiff than when I woke up.  More icing and TENS unit today and no trigger point work.

Jump Rope

Pendulum Leg Lifts

Table Top Hops

Dolphin Knee Tucks

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive