Index Labels

Wk 15, Day 5, Friday, 13-Jun-2014

. . No comments:
WORSHIP SONG:
Unspoken - Start A Fire

5 GRATITUDES (Thank you, Heavenly Papa!):
  • Thank you God for forgiven.
  • Thank you God that my husband and I can talk.
  • Thank you God that though I only planned 16 workouts for this Abs series, I have completed 19 so far and tomorrow will be 20.
  • Thank you God for wisdom.
  • Thank you God You love us way more than we could ever love You.
THOUGHTS:
  • Had to go back to my food journal and add a couple things to it that I had forgotten that I had eaten.  That day doesn't look too good for food.  Boohoo.
  • I'm learning, is it really necessary to say what I'm about to say?  How is the person going to receive it?  Is it going to bring about anything that moves towards being better?  If not, then I probably shouldn't say it, right?
  • My husband stood outside for an hour in the blazing hot sun water my dad's garden.  He is definitely not used to being in full sun like that.  Bless him for doing that, for caring for my dad.
  • My daughter said to me yesterday, I think, that her bras are no longer fitting.  I prayed and asked God to provide.  My husband is better at checking his email than me, and said for me to check out my sister's email.  She gave us a thing that gave us 5% off at Target and I already use my Target Red Card to get 5% off.  I think we maybe saved about $4.50 or something between the two to get our daughter 4 nice bras and something for our son he wanted.  Target also had some bras on clearance that were my daughter's size and fit her, so another good thing.
  • My mom generously treated all of her kids and our families to dinner - this time Pacific.  I appreciate all the meals and great food.  We'll be not eating like this again for the next few weeks, which is good.  I work so hard at my workouts, that these meals sort of set me back.
  • Thankful to my BIL for giving us some movie tickets for Monday.  I haven't been to a movie theater in probably 2 yrs and when I went, it was the Pollack Dollar Theater.
  • Kids are at my mom's for the evening with one of their cousins.
ACTIONS:
  • Probiotic & 2x krill oil - before breakfast
  • 3 tpsns Braggs raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar in 8 oz water - before breakfast
  • My heart meds, hair supps, Multi-vitamins, cinnamon, Zn, Mg, Ca, selenium supp, Vit E - breakfast
  • Water - moderate
  • Did EFT for:  nothing
  • Hibiscus & green tea iced tea with stevia throughout the day
LIFE TO DOs:
  • Get fresh mint for daughter.
  • Make call to NA to see if they received my fax - Friday
  • Call Monday about changing the kids' registration for karate to Wednesday night.
  • Move dad's TV in the living to where he can better see it.
  • Clean out humidifier.
  • Get membership for karate online - 
  • Send email to PTO President next week regarding son's red polos.
  • Get red polos from PTO President.
  • Order probiotics & iodine supp from LH
  • Drop clothes off at son's old school for donation
  • Buy hooks to hang bags for closet
  • Replace Boostaroo
  • Update driver's license for my husband - this week
  • Update my husband's ss card at the ss administration office in downtown Phx - this week
  • Make photo album for husband's mom & kids' Grandma M
  • Upload videos to YT for kids for karate. - Loaded this to the wrong YT account.
  • Resolve format issues with some MP3s to my iPod.
  • Continue with job search.
  • File paperwork in crate.
  • Explorer Things To Fix List - rear 3rd brake light (whole assembly $120 + labor), passenger side powered mirror ($31 from eBay + labor), passenger front seat powered windows ($120-200 total), left rear tail light ($35 from eBay + labor), rear windshield wiper ($20 from eBay + labor), front hood strut mechanism, rear driver's side door fixing it ($200)
SLEEP:
  • 11:30 pm - 7:15 am (7.75 hrs) - slept alright.
  • 2:00 pm - 2:30 pm (0.5 hr) - nap
FOOD JOURNAL:
Post Workout Smoothie (9:30 am) - blackberries, pineapple, raspberries, banana, stevia, cinnamon, ice, water, whey protein, ground flaxseed ----> made it just a little too thick

Lunch (1:00 pm) - a bowl of cereal (easy)

Snack (3:15 pm) - 1.5 curry chicken skewer ---->  a bit dry.  They were cooked yesterday, I think.

Dinner (6:15 pm) - like 4 plates of food from sushi stuff to fried Asian stuff and some fish, frog legs, potstickers and a little bit of ice cream ----> 4.5 hrs later, I am still stuffed.  Hopefully I will not be eating like this again for the next month and can make better strides in my fitness & health goals.

Zuzka's 4-Week 6-Pack Summer Abs Challenge (modified):
Wk 1:  3 Summer Abs Workouts, 1 Lifted Butt Completed
Wk 2: 4 Summer Abs, 1 Lifted Butt, 1 Sweat Completed
Wk 3:  4 Summer Abs, 1 Sweat Completed

Wk 4:
  • Monday - Summer Abs #10 - DONE!
  • Tuesday - Summer Abs #11 - DONE!
  • Wednesday - Summertime Sweat Workout #3 - DONE!
  • Thursday -Rest Day - DONE
  • Friday - Summer Abs #5  - DONE!
  • Saturday - Summer Abs #12 - 
  • Sunday - Rest Day - 

EXERCISE 
Workout Time = 8:41 am

Warmup -  30 sec. each (video below)
  • Lateral Step + Pull
  • Slow Rocking Butt Kickers
  • High Knee Pulls
  • Arm Swings + Lateral Step
  • 4 Torso Twist + Knee Up
  • Jog in Place
  • Squats
  • Front Kicks
  • Boxer Shuffle
  • Cross Toe Touches


Zuzka ZAbs #5 (video clips of exercises below)

3 Rounds for TIME! 
  • 20 Side Jump Lunges
  • 20 Mountain Climbers with hands on Upside Down Bosu
  • 1 min. Jump Rope - High Knees
  • 10 Side Crunch to Plank Jump ---->  Alternate Exercise - Standing DB Side Crunch w/Knee Up to Burpee with Hands on Upside Down Bosu (each side)
  • 20 Sumo Squat Jumps
Cooldown - yoga mat, softball for psoas, foam roller for back, backs of knees, quads, dual baseballs in sock for ankles, calves, backs of knees, hams

Warmup:  Time = 5:40, Max HR = 106 bpm, Avg HR = 97 bpm
Round 1:  Time = 4:07, Max HR = 143 bpm, Avg HR = 126 bpm
Round 2:  Time = 3:45, Max HR = 152 bpm, Avg HR = 143 bpm
Round 3:  Time = 4:12, Max HR = 150 bpm, Avg HR = 144 bpm
Cooldown:  Time = 18:54, Max HR = 147 bpm, Avg HR = 109 bpm

Round 1 = 4:07 (last time 5:08)
Round 2 = 3:45 (last time 5:14)
Round 3 = 4:12 (last time 5:10)
--------------------
Total ZAbs 5 = 12:04 (last time 15:32)

Zone 1 = 2:04, Zone 2 = 0:36, Zone 3 = 5:30, Zone 4 = 4:24, Zone 5 = 0:00


Total Time = 36:40
Max HR = 152 bpm
Avg HR = 117 bpm
Total Calories = 362

Notes:   I was wondering why Zuzka wasn't doing the jump roping and then I read my notes from last time that I had added that in.  My joints feel a little mushy because of hormonal things, so I wanted to make sure I didn't overdo things.  When this happens, I tend to be a lot more flexible than normal and I can accidental overextend something.

Very happy that I was able to knock 3.5 minutes off the original time I did this workout.  And though I felt I pushed pretty hard to do that, my body is adapting well and it's taking a lot more effort to burn more calories for my body as it's constantly improving.  Last time I did this workout was May 27th, so 17 days ago.  So, I didn't spend as much time in the anaerobic zone as I did the first time.  Yay for improvements.

There are a lot of trigger points and tightness in my calves and backs of my knees, so a few times a week after my workouts during cooldowns I will be working on these areas.  Normally when it's my menstrual time, my lower back hurts, but periodically working on my psoas has done away with the lower back pains (unless I do KB swings incorrectly, then I have pain).

Side Jump Lunges


Mountain Climbers


Jump Rope - High Knees

Lying Side Crunch to Plank Jump

Standing DB Side Crunch (my Alternate Exercise for Lying Side Crunch)

Burpee (My Alternate Exercise for Plank Jump)

Sumo Squat Jump

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive