Index Labels

Wk 16, Day 4 - Thursday, 19-Jun-2014

. . No comments:
WORSHIP SONG:
Find You On My Knees - Kari Jobe

5 GRATITUDES (Thank you, Heavenly Papa!):
  • Thank you God my dad seems to be doing better.
  • Thank you God we were able to give a deeper watering today for everything - we all helped out.
  • Thank you God for my TENS unit.
  • Thank you God for inexpensive trigger point tools.
  • Thank you God for clean drinking water.
THOUGHTS:
  • .Today I helped both my husband and son with the watering as I did my subcon work and made dinner.  I just left the hoses in areas very populated with vegetation to run for awhile so things would get soaked deeply.  They need it and the plants are loving it.  It was a family effort.  My daughter also helped out.
  • Apparently my trigger point work caused imbalances in my legs where my knees, especially my left, wasn't feeling too good last night.  It has been somewhat hurting today, but I still did my workout, but with more care and not as forceful as usual.  Then I worked on the tightness of the quads and IT bands.  Very painful to work on this.  Also iced my knees/quads and used the TENS unit for awhile on them, especially the left that was in more pain.
  • My dad told me two hours before he needed to go to the doctor's that he had an appointment that was apparently made today for him to go in.  I was hoping for next week, but that was fine.  I had to adjust my schedule and it didn't allow me to do everything I wanted or needed.
  • Another late night in working due to changes in my schedule.  Both my husband and I are very burned out.  When we snap at each other, it's really because we just are tired and overwhelmed.
  • Though I got about 8 hrs of sleep yesterday, all the trigger points I worked on required I sleep more.  The phone woke me up and it seemed like today people just wanted to call.  That's fine.  Catching up there, too.  Worked on some trigger points also in the Longissimus and Iliocostalis (between the shoulder blades).
ACTIONS:
  • Probiotic & 2x krill oil - before breakfast
  • 3 tpsns Braggs raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar in 8 oz water - before breakfast
  • My heart meds, hair supps, Multi-vitamins, cinnamon, Zn, Mg, Ca, selenium supp, Vit E - lunch
  • Water - a lot of iced water
  • Did EFT for:  nothing
  • Hibiscus & green tea iced tea with stevia - none
  • Trigger Point Work (or Myofascia Release) - quads, IT bands, between the shoulder blades
LIFE TO DOs:
  • Get fresh mint for daughter.
  • Call Wednesday about changing the kids' registration for karate to Wednesday night.
  • Take my dad to the doctor's to get bladder tube removed
  • Clean out humidifier.
  • Send email to PTO President next week regarding son's red polos.
  • Get red polos from PTO President.
  • Order kids' probiotics & iodine supp from LH
  • Drop clothes off at son's old school for donation
  • Buy hooks to hang bags for closet
  • Replace Boostaroo
  • Update driver's license for my husband - this week
  • Update my husband's ss card at the ss administration office in downtown Phx - this week
  • Make photo album for husband's mom & kids' Grandma M
  • Upload videos to YT for kids for karate. - Loaded this to the wrong YT account.
  • Resolve format issues with some MP3s to my iPod.
  • Continue with job search.
  • File paperwork in crate.
  • Explorer Things To Fix List - rear 3rd brake light (whole assembly $120 + labor), passenger side powered mirror ($31 from eBay + labor), passenger front seat powered windows ($120-200 total), left rear tail light ($35 from eBay + labor), rear windshield wiper ($20 from eBay + labor), front hood strut mechanism, rear driver's side door fixing it ($200)
SLEEP:
  • 11:00 pm - 7:00 am (8 hrs) - I slept really deep and I"m gathering it's because of all the trigger point work that I did yesterday.  Actually, I think I needed more sleep, but my husband received a call early and it woke me up.  Then, I had a friend called whom I haven't spoken to in a bit and we spent a couple hours catching up.  My routine is a bit off.  And then my dad told me he needed to be at the doctor's at 1:00 pm, so that was another thing.  It's okay.  
FOOD JOURNAL:
Post Workout Smoothie  (12:15 am) - blueberries, cantaloupe, honeydew, stevia, water, ice, cinnamon, whey protein, ground flaxseed

Lunch (2:15 pm) -  a chicken patty with mayo & ketchup

Snack (3:30 pm & 5:30 pm) - popcorn (son made), coconut mango smoothie (daughter made)

Dinner (6:15 pm) - bacon, kielbasa macaroni alfedo with veggies


ZGym Workouts:
  • Monday - ZShred #45 - DONE!
  • Tuesday - Rest Day - DONE!
  • Wednesday - ZWow #115 - DONE!
  • Thursday -ZShred #26 - DONE!
  • Friday - Rest Day  - 
  • Saturday - ZSpecial #3 - 
  • Sunday - Rest Day - 
EXERCISE 
Workout Time = 11:14 am

Warmup -  30 sec. each (video below)
  • Lateral Step + Pulls
  • Slow Rocking Butt Kickers
  • High Knee Pulls
  • Arm Swings + Lateral Steps
  • 4 Torso Twists + Knee Up
  • Jog in Place
  • Squats
  • Front Kicks
  • Boxer Shuffle
  • Cross Toe Touches


Zuzka ZShred #26 (video clips of exercises below)

15-Minute AMRAP
  • 20 Ballerina Squats
  • 20 Airplane Jump Ups
  • 20 Weighted Abs Triangle ---> Alternate Exercise - 15 Standing DB Cross Knee Crunch (each side)
  • 10 Airplane Burpees
  • 20 Weighted Toe Touch Butt Lifts
Cooldown - yoga mat, baseball on quads, foam roller on quads, IT bands

Warmup:  Time = 5:51, Max HR = 110 bpm, Avg HR = 99 bpm
Round 1:  Time = 8:32, Max HR = 142 bpm, Avg HR = 125 bpm
Round 2:  Time = 6:51, Max HR = 156 bpm, Avg HR = 144 bpm
Cooldown:  Time = 20:16, Max HR = 151 bpm, Avg HR = 118 bpm

Rounds Completed - 2

Round 1 = 8:32
Round 2 = 6:51
--------------------
Total ZShred #26 = 15:23

Zone 1 = 8:42, Zone 2 = 2:19, Zone 3 = 3:56, Zone 4 = 3:46, Zone 5 = 0:27

Total Time = 41:31
Max HR = 156 bpm
Avg HR = 121 bpm
Total Calories = 432

Notes:  My left knee hasn't been feeling so good since last night and I didn't realize until late in the evening that I had a workout today.  I was a little worried, so I did some compensating and didn't go at this as hard as I would normally because I knew my knee was aggravated already.

I think all the trigger point work with the hams, calves, hips, shins, backs of knees, that this caused a further imbalance because my quads are super tight.  That's why I think I have this pain, so I spent a lot of time as much as I could stand to work on trigger points in my quads.  Not fun and almost made me cry.

Tomorrow is a rest day and though I'm not injured, but I know if I continue, that will be that way, so thankfully tomorrow is a planned rest day so I can do icing today and tomorrow and some TENS unit work.  I may have to do an easier workout on Saturday to accommodate this.  Listen to the body.

Ballerina Squats

Airplane Jump Ups

Weighted Abs Triangle

Standing Weight Cross Knee Crunch (My Alternate Exercise for Weighted Abs Triangle)

Airplane Burpees

Weighted Toe Touch Butt Lifts


No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive