Index Labels

Wk 8, Day 5 - Friday, 25-Apr-2014

. . No comments:
WORSHIP SONG:


Proof of Your Love - For King & Country

5 GRATITUDES (Thank you, Heavenly Papa!):
  • Thank you God today is almost over.
  • Thank you God I finally was able to talk with CPA PTO President.  
  • Thank you God for the Dollar Store.
  • Thank you God today didn't seem as warm.
  • Thank you God for learning.
THOUGHTS:
  • Overall I feel moderately rested.  My body is a little sore, but nothing major, just minor.  My abs mainly due to yesterday's ab exercise.  My glutes are a little sore, but that's about it.  When I use the foam roller the past couple times, I've been using it on my back both vertically and horizontally.  They hit different areas of the back.  And I've been using it on my IT bands (the sides of your upper legs) and they hurt like the dickens.

    My back still isn't 100%, so I continue to periodically use my softball sized ball to loosen the psoas.  I need to work on some strength exercises for the lower back and my abs.
  • Today's workout was very cardio centric, but it goes to show from what I can tell is then when you have to engage your large muscles like your hams & quads in tough stuff, it gets my heartrate up more. 
  • When I'm working out, it seems that I feel overall warmer. 
  • Seems like when I feel stressed, Dr. Pepper is my go to thing.  Ugggh.  I need to do some EFT.
  • I only got about 1/4 of my subcon work done and I'm feeling stressed on how I'm going to get it done this weekend.  Arggh.  Well, got to now get more done and I'm about 60% done.  Better, but I was hoping for 100%.  Oh well.  
ACTIONS:
  • Probiotic & krill oil - before breakfast
  • 3 tpsns Braggs raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar in 8 oz water - before breakfast
  • Hibiscus & green tea with honey, turmeric, ginger - did not do
  • My heart meds, hair supps, Multi-vitamins, cinnamon, Zn, Mg, Ca, selenium supp, Vit E - breakfast
  • Water
  • Did EFT for:  nothing
LIFE TO DOs:
  • Laundry:  clothes (2 loads), towels (1 load), uniforms (1 load)
  • Wash the Focus
  • Replace Boostaroo
  • Take laptop into Softque.
  • Update driver's license for my husband
  • Update my husband's ss card at the ss administration office in downtown Phx  
  • Make photo album for husband's mom & kids' Grandma M
  • Upload videos to YT for kids for karate. - Loaded this to the wrong YT account.
  • I need to get an estimate on the repairs and fax to them this week. 
  • Resolve format issues with some MP3s to my iPod.
  • Continue with job search.
  • File paperwork in crate.
  • Explorer Things To Fix List - rear 3rd brake light (whole assembly $120 + labor), passenger side powered mirror ($31 from eBay + labor), passenger front seat powered windows ($120-200 total), left rear tail light ($35 from eBay + labor), rear windshield wiper ($20 from eBay + labor), front hood strut mechanism, rear driver's side door fixing it ($200)
SLEEP:
  • 10:00 pm - 6:00 am (7 hrs) - My husband woke me around 3:15ish or something like that after I fell back asleep when he came to bed around 3:00 am.  He really should go to bed earlier as it's not good for the health to always go to bed so late, but he doesn't listen. 
FOOD JOURNAL:
Breakfast  (6:30 am) - 2 BBQ pork buns

Post Workout Smoothie (10:00 am) - the remainder of my smoothie from yesterday but I added 1 scoop whey protein, a banana and some more ice.  Yummy!

Lunch (2:30 pm) - BBQ pork spare ribs, pea salad, potato salad

Snack (4:00 pm) - a large Dr. Pepper

Dinner (7:30 pm) - bacon cheddar hot & spicy mcchicken, 1/2 of medium fries, Dr. Pepper.

Zuzka's 30 Day Butt Challenge:
Wk 1:
  • Monday - Lifted Butt Workout #1 - DONE!
  • Tuesday - Lifted Butt Workout #2 - DONE!
  • Wednesday - Rest Day - DONE!
  • Thursday - ZWOW #93 - DONE!
  • Friday - ZShred #5 - DONE!
  • Saturday - Lifted Butt Workout #3
EXERCISE 
Workout Time = 9:15 am

Warmup -  25 sec. each (video below)
  • Boxer Shuffle
  • Double Twist + Opposite Knee
  • Butt Kickers
  • Squat + Stretch
  • Fly Jack
  • Toe Touch & Reach
  • Toe Touch Kicks
  • Walk Down + Cobra
  • Jumping Jacks
  • Lunge & Reach



Zuzka ZShred #5 (no video) - Intervals 50:10 (used the GymBoss Minimax Timer for the intervals)
  • High Knee Jump Rope
  • Jump Lunge Kick Ups
  • High Knee Jump Rope
  • Mountain Climbers
  • High Knee Jump Rope
  • Alternating Pistol Squats (used the Lifeline Jungle Gym to help me w/balance)
  • High Knee Jump Rope
  • Sumo Squat to Alternating Side Kicks
  • High Knee Jump Rope
  • 3 Jump Lunges + Dynamic Push Up (legs spread apart)
  • High Knee Jump Rope
  • Prisoner Get Ups
Cooldown - yoga mat, softball, foam roller

Warmup:  Time = 4:56, Max HR = 140 bpm, Avg HR = 123 bpm
Exercise 1:  Time = 1:00 Max HR = 137 bpm, Avg HR = 132 bpm
Exercise 2:  Time = 1:00 Max HR = 146 bpm, Avg HR = 139 bpm - didn't keep track of reps
Exercise 3:  Time = 1:00 Max HR = 146 bpm, Avg HR = 145 bpm
Exercise 4:  Time = 1:00 Max HR = 147 bpm, Avg HR = 142 bpm - didn't keep track of reps
Exercise 5:  Time = 1:00 Max HR = 148 bpm, Avg HR = 146 bpm
Exercise 6:  Time = 1:00 Max HR = 153 bpm, Avg HR = 148 bpm - Pistol Squat Reps = 18 reps
Exercise 7:  Time = 1:00 Max HR = 152 bpm, Avg HR = 148 bpm
Exercise 8:  Time = 1:00 Max HR = 154 bpm, Avg HR = 151 bpm - Sumo Squat/Side Kick = 23 reps
Exercise 9:  Time = 1:00 Max HR = 154 bpm, Avg HR = 152 bpm
Exercise 10:  Time = 1:00 Max HR = 159 bpm, Avg HR = 155 bpm - 3 Jump Lunge/Dyn Pushup = 5 reps
Exercise 11:  Time = 1:00 Max HR = 159 bpm, Avg HR = 153 bpm
Exercise 12:  Time = 1:00 Max HR = 153 bpm, Avg HR = 150 bpm - Prisoner Get Ups = 4 reps
Cooldown:  Time = 14:30, Max HR = 152 bpm, Avg HR = 128 bpm

Zone 1 = 10:14, Zone 2 = 5:36, Zone 3 = 2:28, Zone 4 = 9:08, Zone 5 = 1:06


Total Time = 31:30
Max HR = 159 bpm
Avg HR = 135 bpm
Total Calories = 397

Notes:  I loved this workout as it was short and sweet and I had to keep a high level of energy throughout most of it.  The hardest exercise to do was the Prisoner Getups.  I couldn't get back up after I went down for the 5th time.  Feeling good.  Today was the first time I ever set my GymBoss Timer to Vibrate, as my husband was still sleeping and I didn't want to wake him up with all the beeps.

I love ZGym and that I can work along with Zuzka, but when I did the pistol squats, I had to move to the bathroom where my Lifeline Jungle Gym was that was going to help me do the pistol squats and I had the video on low sound so as not to disturb my husband, hence the use of my GymBoss Timer.

For the warmup, I did much better today as it was my second time doing this and I was prepared for it.  It's a good warmup.

Jump Rope High Knees

Alternating Jump Lunge Kick Up:


Mountain Climbers:
If you cannot do the mountain climbers this fast, you can slow this down.

Alternating Pistol Squats:


Alternating Sumo Squat with Side Kicks:


Jumping Lunge:

Dynamic Pushup (aka Pushup Jack):

Prisoner Getups:

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive