Index Labels

Wk 9, Day 1 - Monday, 28-Apr-2014

. . No comments:
WORSHIP SONG:


Baby Boy - For King & Country

5 GRATITUDES (Thank you, Heavenly Papa!):
  • Thank you God today is almost over.
  • Thank you God our son found his book for school.
  • Thank you God I got to resolve the issue I was having with a website.
  • Thank you God Daniel is a really good guy - he's our pest control guy.
  • Thank you God for grace.
THOUGHTS:
  • Been having trouble seeing the videos in Chrome regarding the Zuzka Light site, so I've been using IE, but then they came out with security issues with that, and so I installed Firefox on my new Dell laptop.  It won't play the videos because I have to tell it what app to open it up with.  That seems a bit off.  Anyway, I tried Chrome again and tried to look up why it didn't work and ended up clearing my cache from the past 4 weeks and that did the trick.  Thank you God!
  • Got 2 tops and 2 bottoms from Goodwill from 2 different stores in the Peoria area while we were up there for our son's Chess Tournament.  I paid a total of $12.77, which is less than one pair of workout capris from Costco. I need a couple more workout tops and I think I'm set.  Having to toss out some of my tops and bottoms just because they are too worn.
  • It's been a trying day for me.
  • We don't want to be eating out for awhile.  Food doesn't taste too good and we like our cooking better, and it's less expensive, fresher and healthier.
ACTIONS:
  • Probiotic & krill oil - before breakfast
  • 3 tpsns Braggs raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar in 8 oz water - before breakfast
  • Hibiscus & green tea with honey, turmeric, ginger - did not do
  • My heart meds, hair supps, Multi-vitamins, cinnamon, Zn, Mg, Ca, selenium supp, Vit E - breakfast
  • Water
  • Did EFT for:  nothing
LIFE TO DOs:
  • Wash the Focus
  • Get an oil change for the Focus
  • Replace Boostaroo
  • Take laptop into Softque.
  • Update driver's license for my husband
  • Update my husband's ss card at the ss administration office in downtown Phx  
  • Make photo album for husband's mom & kids' Grandma M
  • Upload videos to YT for kids for karate. - Loaded this to the wrong YT account.
  • I need to get an estimate on the repairs and fax to them this week. 
  • Resolve format issues with some MP3s to my iPod.
  • Continue with job search.
  • File paperwork in crate.
  • Explorer Things To Fix List - rear 3rd brake light (whole assembly $120 + labor), passenger side powered mirror ($31 from eBay + labor), passenger front seat powered windows ($120-200 total), left rear tail light ($35 from eBay + labor), rear windshield wiper ($20 from eBay + labor), front hood strut mechanism, rear driver's side door fixing it ($200)
SLEEP:
  • 9:30 pm - 5:45 am (7.75 hrs) - my husband came to bed around 2:00 and moved the fan and I couldn't feel it.  I tend to be warm, especially after starting out these workouts and it upset me that he moved the fan too much away.  My grouchiness.  The breeze of the fan makes him ill and without it, I'm too hot.  Sigh.
FOOD JOURNAL:
Post Workout Smoothie (7:30-8:30 am) - blueberries, swiss chard, pineapple, water, ice, stevia, cinnamon, 2 tbspns natural peanut butter, 2 tbspns

Breakfast (8:45 am) - a BBQ pork bun

Lunch (12:45 pm) - sandwich - turkey, lettuce, tomato, pepper jack cheese, mayo, some nut bread

Dinner (6:45 pm) - 8 chicken potstickers (with sauce) boiled then pan fried with some type of greens from the garden with oyster sauce

Snack (8:30 pm) - nuts

Zuzka's 30 Day Butt Challenge:
Wk 2:
  • Monday - Lifted Butt Workout #4 - DONE!
  • Tuesday - Lifted Butt Workout #5 - 
  • Wednesday - Rest Day - 
  • Thursday - ZWOW #101 - 
  • Friday - ZShred #32 - 
  • Saturday - Lifted Butt Workout #6 - 
  • Sunday - Rest Day - 
EXERCISE 
Workout Time = 6:33 am

Warmup -  30 sec. each (video below)
  • Boxer Shuffle
  • Overhead Reach + Stretch
  • High Knee March
  • Torso Twist
  • Alternating Standing Toe Touch Kick Forward
  • Full Torso Circles
  • Alternating Lateral Step Toe Touch
  • Squats
  • Jumping Jacks
  • Fast High Knees 


Zuzka ZButt Challenge #4 (no video)

1 Round - using 15 lb Kettlebell for each exercise (see videos below for exercises)
  • 20 KB Swings
  • 12 - 1-leg Elevated Lunge (each side)
  • 20 KB Swings
  • 10 Curtsy Lunges w/Side Step Up Knee Up (each side)
  • 20 KB Swings
  • 15 KB Squat/Deadlift Combo
1 Round - using 15 lb Kettlebell for each exercise (only doing half the reps for Round 2)
  • 10 KB Swings
  • 6 - 1-leg Elevated Lunge (each side)
  • 10 KB Swings
  • 5 Curtsy Lunges w/Side Step Up Knee Up (each side)
  • 10 KB Swings
  • 8 Squat/Deadlift Combo
Cooldown - yoga mat, softball, foam roller

Warmup:  Time = 5:40, Max HR = 130 bpm, Avg HR = 108 bpm
Round 1:  Time = 9:53 Max HR = 151 bpm, Avg HR = 138 bpm
Round 2:  Time = 5:20 Max HR = 152 bpm, Avg HR = 146 bpm
Cooldown:  Time = 12:29, Max HR = 144 bpm, Avg HR = 117 bpm

Zone 1 = 6:00, Zone 2 = 2:20, Zone 3 = 4:42, Zone 4 = 7:04, Zone 5 = 0:00

Total Time = 33:22
Max HR = 152 bpm
Avg HR = 126 bpm
Total Calories = 384

Notes:  It was really a challenge to do this workout on an empty stomach.  I knew the pest control guy was coming between 8-9 am, and that's the time I get back on Mondays from dropping off the kids at school, and I didn't want to do the workout after he sprayed and breathe the fumes, though, there isn't any spell or fumes.

So, I wanted to get my workout done BEFORE taking the kids to school, which is a first.  Since I had success on Saturday with getting the workout done before we left at 7:15 am, I figured I could also do that today, which I did.  Praise God.

Challenging, but good workout.  The Bulgarian Split Squats that Zuzka does is slightly different where you bend forward and then come, up, so that is the extra step.  All in all, good workout.

Kettlebell Swings:

1-Legged Elevated Lunge

Curtsy Lunge w/Side Step Up, Knee Up:

Kettlebell Deadlift & Squat Combo:

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive