Index Labels

Wk 8, Day 2 - Tuesday, 22-Apr-2014

. . No comments:
WORSHIP SONG:


Give Me Your Eyes - Brandon Heath

5 GRATITUDES (Thank you, Heavenly Papa!):
  • Thank you God my whole body isn't sore, just the middle portion.  
  • Thank you God I didn't wuss out to not work.
  • Thank you God for being able to go to life group finally.
  • Thank you God for the tens unit.  It helps so much with sore, tired muscles.
  • Thank you God for inexpensive car washes.
THOUGHTS:
  • I didn't have as much protein yesterday as I probably should have and I'm totally craving protein this morning.  Worked out earlier today than I had been.  Feels good.
  • Zuzka Light is doing a 30 Day Butt Challenge.  Normally I don't care to do any of the challenges, but I thought, why not?  I am not taking any photos or measurements or anything like that.  I just want to overall feel better and more toned.  I really love her workouts, her attitude and everything.  I am a week behind her in the workouts as she started this Butt Challenge last week.

    These workouts are not just for girls, but guys can do them also.
  • Looking forward to rest day tomorrow, but I am very glad to workout again.  Overall, I feel better workout out, despite the soreness.  My husband is totally having fun that I'm so sore and unable to move that quickly, especially after I've been sitting for awhile.
  • So, so very glad to be back in life group!!!
ACTIONS:
  • Probiotic & krill oil - before breakfast
  • 3 tpsns Braggs raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar in 8 oz water - before breakfast
  • Hibiscus & green tea with honey, turmeric, ginger - did not do
  • My heart meds, hair supps, Multi-vitamins, cinnamon, Zn, Mg, Ca, selenium supp, Vit E - breakfast
  • Water
  • Did EFT for:  nothing
  • Heating bag - with beans - on my hams and glutes
  • Tens unit - on my hams and lower back
  • Golf Ball - feet
  • MSM - just before workout
LIFE TO DOs:
  • Wash the Explorer - son and I
  • Fill up Focus with gas.
  • Wash the Focus
  • Get honey, grapes, chicken patties, potstickers
  • Replace Boostaroo
  • Take laptop into Softque.
  • Update driver's license for my husband
  • Update my husband's ss card at the ss administration office in downtown Phx  
  • Make photo album for husband's mom & kids' Grandma M
  • Upload videos to YT for kids for karate. - Loaded this to the wrong YT account.
  • I need to get an estimate on the repairs and fax to them this week. 
  • Resolve format issues with some MP3s to my iPod.
  • Continue with job search.
  • File paperwork in crate.
  • Explorer Things To Fix List - rear 3rd brake light (whole assembly $120 + labor), passenger side powered mirror ($31 from eBay + labor), passenger front seat powered windows ($120-200 total), left rear tail light ($35 from eBay + labor), rear windshield wiper ($20 from eBay + labor), front hood strut mechanism, rear driver's side door fixing it ($200)
SLEEP:
  • 9:30 pm - 5:45 am (8.25 hrs) - I woke up 2-3 times due to my husband being up late again.  The light and movement.
FOOD JOURNAL:
Breakfast  (6:45 am) - 2 BBQ pork buns, 1/8th of a steak & cheese sub (leftovers from last week)

Post Workout Smoothie (11:10 am) - 2 very ripe bananas, watermelon, cinnamon, kale, swiss chard 2 scoops whey protein, 1/2 scoop ground flaxseed, water, ice, 2 tblspns natural peanut butter, stevia -----> yesterday I was craving protein big time, so today I decided to add peanut butter to my smoothie and it is so good.

Lunch (2:00 pm) - 1/2 bowl of homemade chicken & beef chow main

Snack (3:30 pm) - sour cream and onions chips (uggh, just so hungry)

Dinner (6:00 pm) - homemade hamburger with seasonings & green chilis, lettuce, mayo, avocado, cheese, bacon, buns, pea salad

Zuzka's 30 Day Butt Challenge:
Wk 1:
  • Monday - Lifted Butt Workout #1 - DONE!
  • Tuesday - Lifted Butt Workout #2 - DONE!
  • Wednesday - Rest Day
  • Thursday - ZWOW #93
  • Friday - ZShred #5
  • Saturday - Lifted Butt Workout #3
EXERCISE (did the whole workout barefoot)
Workout Time = 10:17 am

Warmup -  30 sec. each (video below)
  • Push Pulls with Arms
  • High Knee March
  • Wide Arm Circles (Forward & Backward)
  • Deep Squat
  • Arm & Hip Rotations (a challenge to be this coordinated)
  • Fluid Warrior
  • Torso Rotations
  • Up & Outs
  • Boxer Shuffle
  • Jumping Jacks


Zuzka ZButt Challenge #2 (no video)

2 Rounds (For Time) - (see videos below for exercises)
  • 10 Forward & Backward Lunge (each leg)
  • 20 Side to Side Hop Squats (Left then Right = 1 rep)
  • 20 Butt Lift & Alternating 1-Legged Butt Lift (10 each leg)
  • 20 Curtsy Lunge with Side Leg Lifts (20 each leg)
  • 20 Plank Jacks
  • Competition Burpee + 5 Sumo Squat Jumps ---> 4x
  • 20 Mini Sumo Squats
Cooldown - yoga mat, foam roller

Warmup:  Time = 6:19, Max HR = 142 bpm, Avg HR = 106 bpm
Round 1:  Time = 9:37 Max HR = 166 bpm, Avg HR = 141 bpm
Round 2:  Time = 6:20 Max HR = 163 bpm, Avg HR = 159 bpm
Cooldown:  Time = 13:21, Max HR = 156 bpm, Avg HR = 124 bpm

Zone 1 = 5:46, Zone 2 = 3:24, Zone 3 = 2:11, Zone 4 = 4:03, Zone 5 = 8:20


Total Time = 35:38
Max HR = 166 bpm
Avg HR = 132 bpm
Total Calories = 442

Notes:   I was seriously pretty sore in my lower back, glues, and top halves of my legs and I didn't want to workout.  However, I wasn't so sore that I didn't think that I couldn't workout.  I took a packet of Emergen-C MSM in water and drank that before my workout, hoping that will help me to not be as sore tomorrow.  The rest of my body is fine.

Forward & Backward Lunge 

Side to Side Hop Squats 

Butt Lift & Alternating 1-Legged Butt Lift 

Curtsy Lunge with Side Leg Lifts 

Plank Jacks

Competition Burpee + 5 Sumo Squat Jumps 

Mini Sumo Squats

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive