Index Labels

Wk 1, Weekend - Sat/Sun, 7-Dec to 8-Dec-2013

. . No comments:
THOUGHTS:
  • We told my mom that we would decorate her home here for Christmas as well as take everything down when the time comes.  Since my husband was sick, the kids and I started on the indoor stuff on Saturday and Sunday we did the outside of her house.  Her late husband loved Christmas and all the decorating stuff.  My mom was having a hard time with some of the stuff.  He passed away about a month ago and it's really hard.  I love my mom so much and I don't want to make her sad, but I think we really needed to put her Christmas stuff up and I think it's a part of the grief process.  When I went through my 2nd divorce, I grieved for far too long.  My mom is tough, but I know it will take her time to grieve the loss of her husband.  My heart breaks for her and I'm glad we can be there for her some and that we have a big family to rally around my mom.
  • Feel bad my husband and I couldn't attend my SIL's 50th birthday, but we were both sick, him more than me.  Having a hard time dealing with the cold and this cough.  As of this writing, Monday, I feel better.
  • I love leftovers.  My husband sometimes likes it, if it has bacon it.
  • This cough that I have is totally awful.  Hate it.  I don't have much congestion but this yucky cough.  More golf ball on the feet, now using a facial inhaler (facial sauna turned inhaler) with Eucalyptus oil in it.  Taking my supplements, trying to get sleep.
  • I actually took Sunday off and did not do any subcontracting work.  I think this is the 2nd day since beginning of August.  My husband doesn't like that I work 7 days a week, neither do I, but I get paid more on the weekends for each job than I do on the weekdays, but I am committed to M-F work.  
  • Learning that I'm way over qualified for a lot of jobs, which makes me unemployable at those places.  I don't know how many jobs I've applied for that I am over qualified for.  Maybe they think I'll leave when I find a better job?  And, then for jobs I am qualified for, I've been out of the field for too long and competing with others that haven't.  And then, of course the ones that I have no qualifications for that they want qualifications, that's a no brainer.  Wow, how does someone get a job in my position?  I am grateful for my sub con job, but I work all the time and it just doesn't pay enough.  Well, I'm going to keep applying.  I've been to job fairs, gotten help with my resume at resume workshops & interviews.  Wow, can be discouraging and trying not to get discouraged.
ACTIONS:
  • Took my heart meds, hair supps, Multi vitamins, fish oil, probiotics, cinnamon.
  • Drank water and lots of hot tea..
  • Do golf ball on feet.
LIFE TO DOs:
  • Laundry:  1 load towels, 1 load of kids' uniforms, 2 loads of clothes, 1 load rugs 
  • Put up mom's Christmas tree, ornaments, villages, and other Christmas accessories.
  • Put up mom's lights on the outside of the house.
  • Find correct extension cord for mom's outside lights.
  • Make homemade Beef Stew with Dumplings.
  • Pick up specials at Fresh & Easy, Albertson's, Safeway.
  • Pick up rest of stuff I need for the the stew after church - 99 Cent Store and Fry's.
  • Return stuff to CVS for credit or a refund.
  • Pay for son's field trip fee in January. - will pay for in January.
  • Put away summer clothes and hang winter clothes up.
  • Get new laptop with Win7.
  • Make photo album for husband's mom.
  • Make photo album for mom.
  • Make photo album for dad.
  • Make photo album for kids' Grandma M.
  • Upload videos to YT for kids for karate. - Loaded this to the wrong YT account.
  • I need to get an estimate on the repairs and fax to them this week. - I called JT regarding this and he told me what I needed to do.
  • Get some ActivaFulvic.
  • Apply at ST, EJ, CW.
  • Resolve format issues with some MP3s to my iPod.
  • Continue with job search.
  • File paperwork in crate.
  • Find out costs for parts & labor for the things we need done to the Explorer - rear 3rd brake light (whole assembly $120 + labor), passenger side powered mirror ($31 from eBay + labor), passenger front seat powered windows ($120-200 total), left rear tail light ($35 from eBay + labor), rear windshield wiper ($20 from eBay + labor), front hood strut mechanism, rear driver's side door fixing it ($200).

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive