Index Labels

Wk 12, Day 6 - Sat, 22-Feb-2014

. . No comments:
WORSHIP SONG:
My Lighthouse - Rend Collective

5 GRATITUDES (Thank you, Heavenly Papa!):
  • Thank you God I finally got all of Friday's subcon work done.
  • Thank you God my husband relieved me to not have to go to take our son to lunch and I could work.
  • Thank you God for clean linens.
  • Thank you God for clean floors and bathrooms.
  • Thank you God for things on sale and big discounts.
NAMES OF GOD STUDY - Wk 1  

God Most High (’El ‘Elyon), the Exalted God

  • Meditate on the titles "King of Glory" (Psalm 24:7-10) and "Father of glory" (Ephesians 1:17). What do they tell us about God? How should they affect our attitudes as we worship God? According to 2 Corinthians 3:18, how does God's glory come to fill our lives?
  • When I think of something glorious, it's like seeing something in nature that totally captures my breath.  I remember driving for the first time through the Salt River Canyon and just looking in breathtaking awe at the beauty that surrounded me.  Or sometimes when a whole series of events took place that really needed Divine intervention and knowing that I didn't deserve the great outcome, that strikes at me in another dimension of humble gratitude that a mighty God who is the epitome of Glory and is Glory would even care about my seemingly mundane concerns.

    God is so far beyond me, yet personal to me specifically.  Very challenging to fathom.  He deserves undivided attention, more respect than I can ever give, but at least all my respect and attention.  God's glory should transform our lives and if it doesn't, it's not because of God, rather because of us standing in the way.  His glory should radiate to all areas of our lives, especially the dark, dry places.
THOUGHTS:
  • Love YouTube for a lot of things.  Batteries Plus was going to charge $60 for the batteries for our son's electric razor and then $5 to solder the connections.  Through the reviews on Amazon and YT I found the batteries for $23, so almost a third of the price.  And, nothing needs to be soldered, just crimped.  Got a multi-use tool that did the cutting, stripping and crimping at AutoZone and using my debit card, I get 5% off.  Yay.  Also bought some end connectors and I guess the price I paid would've paid for what Battery Plus would've charged for each Razor, so I didn't save there, but I do own this tool for future use.  I did not get this done today but will tomorrow hopefully.
  • Finished watching Back to 1942 last night, which is a movie about China in WWII.  It specifically focuses on Henan and the awful stuff those people went through.  Not only did they experience famine, but war with Japan, and the corrupt Chinese government.  A very, very sad movie.  Over 3 million people died from Henan.
  • Took me awhile to get yesterday subcon work done, though it wasn't too hard.  Just having to drive all the way to take my son to the Chess Tournament, which is about 1/2 hr drive one way and then back home, which is an hr.  I did this twice and my husband also did it twice.  And running some errands, otherwise I would've finished much earlier.
  • I feel lazy today, though, I have not been lazy.  Both my husband and I feel blase.  No reason.  Hopefully tomorrow we have energy and vitality.  Maybe too much of that yesterday we are coming down from that?
  • Our son lost his first 2 rounds of the chess tournament and won the last 2.  It wasn't enough to place him, but this is not a qualifying tournament.  He'll play one more non-qualifying in a couple weeks and then starts the qualifying tournies.
ACTIONS:
  • My heart meds, hair supps, Multi vitamins, cinnamon, Zn, Mg, Ca - afternoon
  • Water
  • Clove of raw garlic in small pieces, probiotic & fish oil - morning.
LIFE TO DOs:
  • Get Friday's subcon work done
  • Get wire stripper, crimper, cutter and terminal ends
  • Take son to Chess Tournament - I dropped off, husband took him to lunch, we both went at the end
  • Pickup stuff from Albertson's
  • Renew 2 DVDs at Perry.
  • Laundry:  uniforms (1 load), clothes (2 loads), linens (1 load), rugs (1 load)
  • Get more from LW - iodine, children's probiotics - LW has to order more children's probiotic.
  • Update driver's license for my husband 
  • Update my husband's ss card at the ss administration office in downtown Phx - 
  • Make photo album for husband's mom & kids' Grandma M
  • Upload videos to YT for kids for karate. - Loaded this to the wrong YT account.
  • I need to get an estimate on the repairs and fax to them this week. 
  • Resolve format issues with some MP3s to my iPod.
  • Continue with job search.
  • File paperwork in crate.
  • Explorer Things To Fix List - rear 3rd brake light (whole assembly $120 + labor), passenger side powered mirror ($31 from eBay + labor), passenger front seat powered windows ($120-200 total), left rear tail light ($35 from eBay + labor), rear windshield wiper ($20 from eBay + labor), front hood strut mechanism, rear driver's side door fixing it ($200)
SLEEP:
  • 12:00 am - 7:30 am (7.5 hrs) - parts of the day I felt tired.  I kind of feel how the sky looks.
FOOD JOURNAL:
Breakfast  (8:45 am) - 2 scrambled eggs with cheese, 2 slices of turkey bacon ---> made by my daughter

Lunch (12:45 pm) - leftover beef & tomatoes (all done now) and some leftover potato stuff from the past 2 nights

Snack (4:00 pm) - a large Dr. Pepper

Dinner (7:30 pm) - a bowl of clam chowder ---> we all had something different for dinner as none of us were all that hungry.

EXERCISE - Rest Day

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive