Index Labels

Wk 10, Day 6 - Sat, 8-Feb-2014

. . No comments:
5 GRATITUDES (Thank you, Heavenly Papa!):
  • Thank you God for all the great deals at Goodwill.  Today was 50% off all colored tags.  
  • Thank you God for gift cards.
  • Thank you God for a very productive day.
  • Thank you God for yummy foods.
  • Thank you God for Your Provision.
THOUGHTS:
  • I know that weight has a direct bearing on blood pressure.  Just from Thanksgiving to now, I know my weight is up because my clothes are no longer pretty baggy as they had been in the Thanksgiving timeframe.  I should be feeling still somewhat hungry after each meal.  And, though this week is much better, for a 2-3 week period, I was drinking nearly daily a large cup of Dr. Pepper or Coke.  That is a lot of added unnecessary calories.  Failed last night and drank the last can of Coke in the house, which we only had 3 and those 3 lasted several months.  Now no more and we are not buying anymore.  I am now focusing on just drinking more water.  Adding some tangerine or lemon to it, a citrus to give it more taste.
  • As I write this, everyone is still asleep.
  • My husband has a free trial of Amazon Prime which includes their Prime movies/shows for 30 days.  They don't have enough to warrant us getting a subscription, but last night my son and I watched the 2 hr Avenger movie, which we enjoyed.  I do not recall hearing one word of profanity.  Praise God!
  • Yesterday while hanging out in the lobby of the place my husband was at being interviewed (in the Biltmore area), they had a tribute to all the Arizona soldiers that had lost their lives in Iraq or Afghanistan.  It was really touching and hard to look at the pictures.  Many were under 25 years old and didn't really have a chance to really live yet.  I am grateful for their sacrifices.
  • Kids did their cleaning chores without complaint mainly today.  It took about 4 hrs for them to get their stuff done, maybe more.
  • Today we were supposed to make boba slush drinks and Bistec with Arroz something.  However, the cleaning, laundry, errands and Goodwill took up until evening and we were too tired to cook, so we bought pizza & wings from Geno's with a coupon.  They have good pizza, which my husband totally loves and we do, too.
  • Our neighbors will be here for one more month and are not leaving in February.  That's good.
  • Very happy that we got a jacket, dress pants (suit), 2 ties, and 6 dress shirts for my husband for the cost of about 1 brand new dress shirt, maybe less than that.  Will have to send the suit & ties out to be dry cleaned but I got to wash the shirts and iron them.  Now he has enough nice dress shirts for 2 weeks worth, if he has to dress up at whatever job he gets.
  • My husband has been kidding me these months about using my Kohl's gift card that I got from my subcon job back in June for $30.  I didn't want to use it unless it was for something totally necessary.  My husband's dress shoes are pretty worn that he brought from Colombia, so this was the perfect opportunity to get a nice pair for him.  Kohl's had take an extra 15% off whatever the price is and giving $10 Kohl's cash for every $50 that you spend.  I had reserved probably last summer another $20 of money to be spent at Kohl's with my gift card.

    So, I told my husband he could get a nice pair of men's dress shoes.  He couldn't believe how much men's dress shoes are.  Thankfully he picked one that was $70 and in the end, I paid about $14, but with the $10 Kohl's cash, this really made this pair of shoes really $4.  Great deal!  Very happy about this.  Very happy I didn't spend the $30 on something unnecessary, rather on something we really needed.
  • My son really wanted this lego movie with batman and superman and I didn't want him to get it.  Very happy one of the libraries we go to had the movie and I got to reserve it so he could see it for free.  Love the public libraries and whomever invented the library system totally rocks!  
  • Didn't get my workout done.  Thought I would have time, but I've been totally busy the whole day from the time I woke up.
  • Really love our panini grill.  It really steps up the sandwiches up just one more notch and makes them really tasty.  The grilled ham & cheese sandwiches were so delicious.  Too bad I wasn't super hungry and split a sandwich with my daughter.
  • The cashier at Kohl's said she recognized me and I thought she looked familiar.  She remembered my daughter and then realized I was her mom.  That was my daughter's kindergarten teacher.  What an amazing memory.  She is still a teacher, and works at Kohl's to fill her time.
  • Ironing is hard work.  Glad I don't have to do this often.
  • Two sites I love, PaleoOMG and I Breathe I'm Hungry must've gotten something on their sites, so I cannot access them now with my internet security.  My BIL said this was an issue, too.
ACTIONS:
  • Took my heart meds, hair supps, Multi vitamins, fish oil, probiotics, cinnamon, Zn, Mg, Ca
  • Water & iced tea
  • Clove of raw garlic in the morning - took it after my probiotics & fish oil.  This clove was really big so I diced it up and swallowed it in smaller pieces 
LIFE TO DOs:
  • Do all Friday's subcon jobs. - Only got a little over half done.
  • Submit registration packet to school for son on Monday from 10 am - 2 pm.
  • Pick up DVD from Perry - son
  • Get some Saturday subcon work done.
  • Laundry:  regular clothes (3 loads), towels (1 load), uniforms (1 load), Misc (1 load) - me
  • Clean bathroom - son
  • Mop & sweep floors of whole house - daughter
  • Trash duty - son
  • Dishes & kitchen table - son
  • Clean dishwasher door - daughter
  • Clean washer top, dryer side and top - son
  • Wash and reinstall back carseat of Explorer and floor mats - husband
  • Bake banana bread with too ripe bananas - daughter
  • Vacuum - son
  • Goodwill to get another suit and a couple more dress shirts for husband.
  • Get new razors at 99 Cent store.
  • Kohl's to get a pair of dress shoes for my husband
  • Get some kohl's coupons.
  • Cut up both pineapples and 1 honeydew - me
  • Pay pest control online - me
  • Iron husband's dress shirts & my dress pants.
  • Help LW with her computer issues - husband
  • Get radiator replaced. - Will do after Chinese New Year's.
  • Update driver's license for my husband - a zillion people there, so another time, maybe February
  • Update my husband's ss card at the ss administration office in downtown Phx - February?
  • Make photo album for husband's mom & kids' Grandma M
  • Upload videos to YT for kids for karate. - Loaded this to the wrong YT account.
  • I need to get an estimate on the repairs and fax to them this week. - I called JT regarding this and he told me what I needed to do.
  • Resolve format issues with some MP3s to my iPod.
  • Continue with job search.
  • File paperwork in crate.
  • Explorer Things To Fix List - rear 3rd brake light (whole assembly $120 + labor), passenger side powered mirror ($31 from eBay + labor), passenger front seat powered windows ($120-200 total), left rear tail light ($35 from eBay + labor), rear windshield wiper ($20 from eBay + labor), front hood strut mechanism, rear driver's side door fixing it ($200), replace radiator ($200-300)
SLEEP:
  •  11:45 am - 7:30 am (7.25 hrs) - my husband woke me around 1:30 am.  Surprised my husband went to sleep so early, but I guess interviewing with three different people yesterday wore him out.
FOOD JOURNAL:
Breakfast  (8:00 am) - garlic rice with kielbasa, onions, red pepper, sea salt, cayenne, cilantro ---> 1/2 bowl

Snack (11:00 am) - a small piece of winter melon cake

Lunch (1:15 pm) - 1/2 grilled ham & cheese panini with mayo, garlic & parsley salt, & tomato

Dinner (7:00 pm) - a small banana muffin, 3 slices pizza (2 ham & sausage, 1 pepperoni & bacon, 2 hot wings and 2 garlic parmesan wings with blue cheese dressing) ----> I could've eaten more than this, but stopping.

EXERCISE - rest day

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive