Index Labels

Wk 11, Day 1 - Mon, 10-Feb-2014

. . No comments:
5 GRATITUDES (Thank you, Heavenly Papa!):
  • Thank you God for talented people who add to this world.
  • Thank you God for getting 17.5 mpg on our last tank of gas.
  • Thank you God for time to work and earn money.
  • Thank you God for Your Healing Power.
  • Thank you God for the many ways you provide for us.
THOUGHTS:
  • Did you know you can make your own garlic paste and it's super easy.  You roast a head of garlic by getting a piece of tin foil that you can wrap your garlic head in and you drizzle lightly with olive oil, enclose your garlic head in that, 30 min. at 400° F).  After the head is roasted, let it cool a little bit so you don't burn your fingers, and squeeze the cloves out of the skin.  They should come out easily.  Place them in a food processor with a little olive oil and pulse until you get a paste.  Some people say put salt in it, but I don't.

    Yesterday I roasted 6 heads of garlic, put the cloves in a little food processor with maybe 1 Tbspn olive oil and pulse until it formed a nice paste.  We used the paste for the Colombian Bistec as well as the Arroz de Fideos.  Love, love the smell of roasted garlic.  You could also put the roasted garlic on toast or other veggies.

    In fact, you could add some other herbs and spices to the paste to give it a gourmet flavor and even use it on spreads for sandwiches.
  • I used to get my clothes dry cleaned all the time and rarely do now and it's really expensive.  We had 3 coupons and was able to saved 67% off the 15 pieces we needed dry cleaned because we were new customers.  Need to find an affordable place that does great work and a reasonable price.  Went on Yelp, but it wasn't that helpful.
  • A friend of mine is a hairdresser and will be giving me a free haircut tomorrow.  Thought I might update my look as I prepare better to get a better job.  I offered to pay her, but she doesn't want it.  She just wants to bless me.  I hope that we can continue to bless each other over these years as we have been.  I am grateful to her for her friendship.
  • I really miss Nina doing my brow waxing, but she is a lot more expensive and it's been nearly 4 yrs since I went to her.  Haven't gotten my brows waxed hardly in the past 4 yrs.  I've gone a few times to this Vietnamese place near the kids' schools, but she doesn't do a great job and it's painful.  However, it's $6 rather than the near $30 I used to pay.  However, with the $30, I didn't feel pain and always felt so special and my brows looked amazing.  Now, they are okay and at least don't look unruly.  Will have to wait until I'm making the money to afford Nina.
  • I got my first bite and a head hunter did contact me about an engineering job.  But, he wanted my SSN and I was unwilling to give it, so I am passing on the position.  It's with a big company and I will not give out my SSN unless I'm hired by the company.  Identify theft is a big thing and I don't want it happening to me.
  • We are liking this one head hunter that my husband met last week.  I talked with him today and he will see what he can do to help me land a job.  
  • Had boba pearls with my iced tea today.  Yummy.  Doesn't taste quite as good as fresher, but it's still good.  
  • Son and husband not feeling so great.  Son stayed home from school, but should be better to go to school tomorrow.  
ACTIONS:
  • Took my heart meds, hair supps, Multi vitamins, fish oil, probiotics, cinnamon, Zn, Mg, Ca
  • Water with either lemon or tangerine; hot ginger, turmeric, lemon green tea; raspberry boba tea.
  • Clove of raw garlic in the morning - So far I'm forcing myself to do this.  Not enjoyable.
LIFE TO DOs:
  • Get Monday's subcon work done - about 85% done.
  • Pick up updated volunteer badges at son's school.
  • Get weekend subcon work turned in.
  • Get son's hair cut.
  • Schedule for my hair appointment.
  • Get my brows waxed.
  • Drop off dry cleaning with coupons.
  • Pick up son's homework for missing today at school.
  • Submit registration packet to school for son on Monday from 10 am - 2 pm - I was missing one thing so this got rejected and we will have to turn in tomorrow with everything.  Arrgh.
  • Get radiator replaced. - Will do after Chinese New Year's.
  • Update driver's license for my husband - a zillion people there, so another time, maybe February
  • Update my husband's ss card at the ss administration office in downtown Phx - February?
  • Make photo album for husband's mom & kids' Grandma M
  • Upload videos to YT for kids for karate. - Loaded this to the wrong YT account.
  • I need to get an estimate on the repairs and fax to them this week. - I called JT regarding this and he told me what I needed to do.
  • Resolve format issues with some MP3s to my iPod.
  • Continue with job search.
  • File paperwork in crate.
  • Explorer Things To Fix List - rear 3rd brake light (whole assembly $120 + labor), passenger side powered mirror ($31 from eBay + labor), passenger front seat powered windows ($120-200 total), left rear tail light ($35 from eBay + labor), rear windshield wiper ($20 from eBay + labor), front hood strut mechanism, rear driver's side door fixing it ($200), replace radiator ($200-300)
SLEEP:
  •  11:15 pm - 6:00 am (6.75 hrs) - took me a long time to wakeup this morning.  Uggh. Dragging.
FOOD JOURNAL:
Breakfast  (8:30 am) - a slice of pizza, 5 honey BBQ wings, a slice of chocolate roll ----> I don't know what the heck happened as this really is an awful breakfast to eat and now I feel sick.

Lunch (12:45 pm) - ham, cheese & tomato panini

Dinner (6:30 pm) - 1 bistec, guacamole, arroz de fideos and a slice of chocolate roll

Snack (10:00 pm) - nuts

EXERCISE - rest day

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive