Index Labels

Wk 12, Day 1 - Mon, 17-Feb-2014

. . No comments:
5 GRATITUDES (Thank you, Heavenly Papa!):
  • Thank you God for a good, uneventful day.
  • Thank you God for Presidents day.
  • Thank you God for free movies to borrow from the libraries.
  • Thank you God for my subcon work.
  • Thank you God for my husband and children.
THOUGHTS:
  • God has been impressing on my heart to grow deeper in Him and I asked Him what did He want me to focus on today.  As I was going through one of my email accounts, I came across a Bible Study on the Names of God that is 11 weeks long, which I may go at a slower pace, so it'll probably be longer with me.  Last fall I did a study on Trust and I saw how God miraculous blessed here.  Now, I want focus on the Names of God.  I didn't even ask if this was going to be right or not as it resonated well with me.  I turned K-LOVE and it just started playing:
The Only Name (Yours Will Be) - Big Daddy Weave
  • I am amazed at how God speaks to me.  What are the odds that I was thinking about God's Names and a song happens to come on exactly at the same time?  My study will come from the Jesus Walk site.  I do have all the emails already in my email.  If you want to follow along, feel free.
  • Got 5 heads of garlic at Lee Lee Supermarket for 75 cents.  Since we use garlic daily and a lot, I bought 6 bunches of this.  What a deal!  I did have to pick through to find the best bags of garlic.
  • Haven't done a real yoga routine in quite awhile and I saw how inflexible my body is with the 20 min. routine I did of Zuzka's.  But, somehow an hour later or so, I was feeling less mentally funky, which is good.
  • My daughter made a really delicious tuna salad, which after church we bought a French baguette.  This resulted in tuna paninis.  Yum.
  • Decided today that I wasn't going to make as much boba pearls and it was enough for 3 slushies.  I was upset that my son drank all the Almond Milk.  I thought there was still a half a container left.
  • We were supposed to go somewhere today, just a short drive, but we didn't.  Instead I worked and watched a couple movies.  My husband let me off the hook because I really didn't feel like going anywhere.  Yay!
  • Saw two movies with Will Smith in them:  7 Pounds and Hancock.  Both are good movies, though the first was much better and more meaningful.
  • Happy I resisted the urge to get any Dr. Pepper.  I had boba instead, much less sugar and tastier.

ACTIONS:
  • My heart meds, hair supps, Multi vitamins, fish oil, probiotics, cinnamon, Zn, Mg, Ca - morning
  • Water
  • Clove of raw garlic in small pieces - morning.
LIFE TO DOs:
  • Drop off stuff at Chandler Library
  • Get more - iodine, children's probiotics (end of next week)
  • Update driver's license for my husband 
  • Update my husband's ss card at the ss administration office in downtown Phx - 
  • Make photo album for husband's mom & kids' Grandma M
  • Upload videos to YT for kids for karate. - Loaded this to the wrong YT account.
  • I need to get an estimate on the repairs and fax to them this week. - I called JT regarding this and he told me what I needed to do.
  • Resolve format issues with some MP3s to my iPod.
  • Continue with job search.
  • File paperwork in crate.
  • Explorer Things To Fix List - rear 3rd brake light (whole assembly $120 + labor), passenger side powered mirror ($31 from eBay + labor), passenger front seat powered windows ($120-200 total), left rear tail light ($35 from eBay + labor), rear windshield wiper ($20 from eBay + labor), front hood strut mechanism, rear driver's side door fixing it ($200)
SLEEP:
  • 12:15 am - 8:00 am (7.75 hrs) - Love waking up cuddling with my husband.
FOOD JOURNAL:
Breakfast  (9:45 am) - scrambled eggs with cheese, 2 slices of bacon ----> my 13 yr old daughter made this and the bacon was perfect.  The whole breakfast was awesome.  It was so yummy!

Lunch (1:30 pm) - tuna panini sandwiches ---> my daughter made the tuna salad (but forgot the cilantro) earlier in the morning.  Very yummy.

Snack (4:45 pm) - Pineapple, honeydew, blueberry boba slushie (with water & stevia)

Dinner (6:15 pm) - Cantonese beef & tomatoes - homemade with white rice (not as much as last night)


EXERCISE - 

Since the last couple days I've been feeling mentally funky or down, I thought I would do some yoga today.  Zuzka offers Yoga as a part of her subscription, so I did the first one.  She doesn't have any video previews of the Yoga routine, so all I can say is I did 20 minutes of the following:

Power Yoga # 1: Breakdown:

  • You will start with a basic flow - forward bend, flat back, plank, chaturanga, upward dog, downward dog, step into a high lunge with arms over head, step forward, stand up.
  • Eagle pose - hold for 10-20 sec (wrap your left leg over your right leg, your left arm under your right arm) Try to sink your hips down and keep your elbows and knees in one line. Sit back and  try to bring your back as vertical as possible.
  • Kundalini frog squats (inhale in the squat, exhale when pushing your hips up) do 10 reps slow. 
  • Kundalini frog squat (now inhale when pushing hips up, exhale when in squat) do 10 reps in faster pace.
  • Eagle pose (right arm wraps under left arm, right leg wraps over your left leg)
  • One leg balance squat 10 reps on each leg - Stand on your right leg with your knee locked and all of the muscles of the standing leg engaged. Grab your left foot just 2 inches under your toes with your hands interlaced and don't lose the grip. If your standing knee is locked, you can start kicking your left heel out until your leg is parallel to the ground and your knee is locked. If you can't lock the knee completely, then at least try your best to get as far as you can in this stretch. Look at one point in front of you and focus for better balance. Start bending your standing knee slightly while pushing your hips back as if you want to do squat. That's actually exactly what it its. It's a one leg squat with the other leg extended in front of you. If you have enough strength, balance, and flexibility, you can go all the way down until your butt touches your heel and then stand up. 
  • Spine roll into plow and hold for 15-20 seconds. Use the momentum and roll forward from the plow into squat. Repeat 9 more times holding the plow pose only for 2 or 3 breaths. 
  • Plank Downward Dog and hold for a few breaths.
  • Knee tuck Down Dog Split 10 reps left leg
  • Down dog and another set of knee tuck down dog split - 10 reps on right leg
  • Jump your feet forward, push your hips up so that you are in a standing forward bend, inhale arms up, exhale arms down. 
  • spine roll into the plow and roll forward into a seated forward bend with your legs wide open. Back into the plow and roll forward into a seated forward bend. Grab your toes, and try to bring your forehead to your knees.
  • Roll onto your back and do laying thoracic stretch (my favorite) on each side. 

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive