Index Labels

Wk 11, Day 4 - Thurs, 13-Feb-2014

. . No comments:
5 GRATITUDES (Thank you, Heavenly Papa!):
  • Thank you God for money to pay for a new radiator and getting it installed.  
  • Thank you God at the recommendation of our daughter's school's Spanish teacher, we found a Colombia restaurant in Mesa.
  • Thank you God my dad let us borrow his car to drop off and pickup our car so we wouldn't have to stay there while the car was being repaired.
  • Thank you God for BOGOF stuff and coupons.
THOUGHTS:
  • My husband often refuses to do any of my natural healing type stuff, but I would have to say today, he submitted or relented to everything I suggested.  After he came out of the shower, his lower back was hurting.  I had him use my softball sized massage ball on his psoas, to loosen that area.  Because it was super early for him and he's not used to getting up so early, I had him do this on the bed for a couple minutes.  I figured his psoas is super tight and this would hurt to do.

    Then, I put the tens unit on his lower back for about 10 minutes and although he wasn't good to go yet, we went and took the kids to school and dropped off the car for repair.  When we came home, I had him lie on the ground on a yoga mat and put his whole body weight on the softball sized ball for a couple minutes.  It was really hurting and figured so.

    Afterwards, I had him lie on the bed after placing the tens unit on his lower back for about 15 min.  I knew that his lower back was really tight (the muscles) and the tens unit was nearly at the max, which I can never have it even at half power.  He felt a little better.  I think we did that for 2 rounds on his back of 15 minutes.  I told him we'd do it again, same thing, around noon all over again.

    Second time, the softball thing hurt a lot more and that will be the last time today and it will take a couple days to not feel sore at least.  I had the tens unit on his lower back for another 30 min. at 15 minute increments.  Instead of being at 9, the 2nd time I was able to lower the level to about 7-8.  I'm going to show him some stretches to do to help that area and he should take some Alleve to reduce any inflammation.  He said he is feeling much better.  
  • Got a good aftermarket radiator installed.  Ford no longer makes the radiator for our '95 Explorer.  The two brands that are good are Performance and Hawke for the Fords.  Anyway, we had to pay more than I would've liked, but I was close on the cost.  There is a three year parts AND labor warranty, so that is good.  I paid just a little less than this for the one and Jueves, but in labor, I've paid a lot, I think 4 times the cost in the past 4 years.
  • Love that I can use multiple coupon stuff at CVS.  I get some of my supplements here when they have a buy one get one free and I usually have either some vitamin coupons or CVS ExtraCare bucks, which brings the price even lower.  Yay!  The rest of the supplements, I get from LW.
  • Really happy that the Tapping World Summit will be here in 11 days.  I've attended the last 5 online and they are fabulous.  It's doing EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique).
  • We got to eat at the dinner table a three times in the past week.  We normally don't do this.  So this was nice.
  • Worked a lot today, but a lot was catching up from yesterday.  
  • Glad my husband's Takamini is under warranty.  The music store had to make some adjustments to the guitar as something about vibration on the 6th string of the 2nd fret.  Russ said that string was already too low to begin with from the manufacturer.  But, he's made the adjustment.  Sometimes acoustic guitars will adjust more than electric guitars.
  • Very happy to not have to make dinner tonight as we made double the amount yesterday and that saved us a lot of time today so I could work more.
  • It feels good to have enough sleep, or about enough sleep two nights in a row.  I'm functioning much better and in a much better mood.  Yay!
  • It's my BIL's birthday.  Tomorrow is my brother's birthday.
  • Our son was laying hands on his dad, praying over his back.  It was awesome.  This morning my daughter laid hands on me regarding my headache and shortly afterwards, it went away.
ACTIONS:
  • My heart meds, hair supps, Multi vitamins, fish oil, probiotics, cinnamon, Zn, Mg, Ca - Done early afternoon
  • Water with lemon
  • Clove of raw garlic in the morning - Forgot
  • Tens unit on upper back, neck, midback
LIFE TO DOs:
  • Drop car off to put in new radiator
  • Send email to JW, MW, DB to reschedule lunch. - me
  • Wash dad's car and fill up with gas - husband
  • Get Wednesday's subcon work done
  • Return DVDs to Target for refund - me
  • Get Thursday's subcon work done. - got 60% of the work done.
  • Pick up Takamini from BM.
  • Pickup stuff & drop off stuff at Chandler Library
  • Return DVD to Perry and pickup new items from Perry.
  • Pickup heart meds from pharmacy.
  • Pick up cinnamon using coupons and sale at CVS.
  • Get more - iodine, children's probiotics (end of next week)
  • Get radiator replaced. - 
  • Get my haircut!!!
  • Volunteer for son's class celebration.
  • Take kids to karate.
  • Laundry:  uniforms (1 load), clothes (3 loads), towels (1 load)
  • Update driver's license for my husband 
  • Update my husband's ss card at the ss administration office in downtown Phx - 
  • Make photo album for husband's mom & kids' Grandma M
  • Upload videos to YT for kids for karate. - Loaded this to the wrong YT account.
  • I need to get an estimate on the repairs and fax to them this week. - I called JT regarding this and he told me what I needed to do.
  • Resolve format issues with some MP3s to my iPod.
  • Continue with job search.
  • File paperwork in crate.
  • Explorer Things To Fix List - rear 3rd brake light (whole assembly $120 + labor), passenger side powered mirror ($31 from eBay + labor), passenger front seat powered windows ($120-200 total), left rear tail light ($35 from eBay + labor), rear windshield wiper ($20 from eBay + labor), front hood strut mechanism, rear driver's side door fixing it ($200), replace radiator ($200-300)
SLEEP:
  • 10:15 pm - 6:00 am (7.75 hrs) - my sleep wasn't too great.  I woke up with a bad headache in the middle of the night.  Probably because the day before I my BP was too high and it's still working it's way through.
FOOD JOURNAL:
Breakfast  (8:15 am) - breakfast burrito & raspberry iced tea

Lunch (1:15 pm) - bacon cheddar hot & spicy mcchicken & dr. pepper

Dinner (7:15 pm) - homemade chicken chow mein - noodles, yellow pepper, some greens from the garden, chicken, carrots, garlic, lite soy sauce, sea salt, oyster sauce, cornstarch, sesame oil, white pepper, rice oil ----> a bowl, and a slice of chocolate roll


EXERCISE - Rest Day

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive