Index Labels

Wk 10, Day 5 - Fri, 7-Feb-2014

. . No comments:
5 GRATITUDES (Thank you, Heavenly Papa!):
  • Thank you God for Amazon Prime.
  • Thank you God for the interviews my husband had today.
  • Thank you God for encouragement.
  • Thank you God for showers.
  • Thank you God for keeping us safe on a daily basis.
THOUGHTS:
  • This is the third day this week we've had to drive to the Biltmore area to meet with another head hunter.  This is good for my husband.  Hopefully we can get several recruiters to help my husband get a good job.
  • My family has a lot of February birthdays - one SIL was on Sunday, another is today, my brother next week as well as my BIL.  Next month is my mom, myself, and my youngest nephew.  My dad is April.  My niece & kids grandmother in May.  Another nephew in June.  Two brothers, a niece and my daughter in July, my husband & son on the same day in August, a niece in October, my sister in November, a SIL in December.  January and September are the only months my family has no birthdays in.
  • Really looking forward to this weekend where my husband is going to make Bistec and a rice/noodle dish, and I will be making slush bobas.  Yummy.
  • My husband read or found out somewhere that eating raw garlic first thing in the morning has a lot of great health benefits, like helping with cholesterol (lowering the bad one), lowering blood pressure, helping with blood sugars, helps promote your immune system, helps with acne and a host of other things.  So, all of us now are going to be ingesting in one form or another a fresh garlic clove first thing in the morning.  I found the best way is to cut it into pieces and swallow like a pill.  Chewing it is pretty awful, even if you add a little olive oil.  I'm suggesting to my 10-year old to learn how to swallow a pill and maybe cut the garlic in smaller pieces and do this, because chewing raw garlic is pretty yucky (at least to me).
  • Now that my cough is gone, I need to still periodically continue to drink the ginger, turmeric tea.  Ginger and turmeric also have a lot of great health benefits.  I think I might even add Goji leaves to the tea because it's supposed to help with eye health. 
  • Yesterday I was fairly sore, but not terribly.  Today still sore, but less.
  • Karate class was really small.  Only about a 1/3rd of the people showed up and usually it's more than what's registered.  We see B earned her 1st degree black belt and gee.  I think she's a year older than our daughter, but she is a very serious student.  And we see the dark haired guy earned his 1st degree brown belt (next belt is the 1st degree black belt).  And that the puffy head kid earned his green belt.  Sort of bummed the kids cannot go to the Grand Master's Dojo, but it's really expensive for us and that's times two more expensive.  That's also my first wedding anniversary weekend.  And though it would be an incredible experience, it's not going to happen. 
ACTIONS:
  • Took my heart meds, hair supps, Multi vitamins, fish oil, probiotics, cinnamon, Zn, Mg, Ca
  • Water with tangerine in it.
  • Clove of raw garlic in the morning.
LIFE TO DOs:
  • Take kids to karate.
  • Pickup beef steaks and tomatoes for Bistec.
  • Do all Friday's subcon jobs. - Only got a little over half done.
  • Get weekend work.
  • Submit registration packet to school for son on Monday from 10 am - 2 pm.
  • Laundry:  regular clothes (2 loads), towels (1 load), uniforms (1 load)
  • Clean bathrooms
  • Mop & sweep floors
  • Get radiator replaced. - Will do after Chinese New Year's.
  • Update driver's license for my husband - a zillion people there, so another time, maybe February
  • Update my husband's ss card at the ss administration office in downtown Phx - February?
  • Make photo album for husband's mom & kids' Grandma M
  • Upload videos to YT for kids for karate. - Loaded this to the wrong YT account.
  • I need to get an estimate on the repairs and fax to them this week. - I called JT regarding this and he told me what I needed to do.
  • Resolve format issues with some MP3s to my iPod.
  • Continue with job search.
  • File paperwork in crate.
  • Explorer Things To Fix List - rear 3rd brake light (whole assembly $120 + labor), passenger side powered mirror ($31 from eBay + labor), passenger front seat powered windows ($120-200 total), left rear tail light ($35 from eBay + labor), rear windshield wiper ($20 from eBay + labor), front hood strut mechanism, rear driver's side door fixing it ($200), replace radiator ($200-300)
SLEEP:
  •  10:45 pm to 6 am (6.75 hrs) - Woke up when I told my husband and it was nearly 3 am and he needed to go to bed.  Took me awhile to get back to sleep.  
FOOD JOURNAL:
Breakfast  (7:00 am) - 2 scrambled eggs some leftover rice mixture of two nights ago, a small piece of winter melon cake.

Lunch (12:30 pm) -  garlic rice with bacon, kielbasa sausage, red pepper, onions, sea salt, cayenne pepper, brussel sprouts, corn ----> 1/2 a bowl

Dinner (5:45 pm) - a bunch of chicken & cheese mini tacos

Snack (9:00 pm) - buttered popcorn & a can of Coke

EXERCISE - rest day

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive