Index Labels

Wk 3, Day 6 - Sat, 22-Ma-2014

. . No comments:
WORSHIP SONG:
Starts With Me - Tim Timmons

5 GRATITUDES (Thank you, Heavenly Papa!):
  • Thank you God our son placed 5th place in the First Qualifier Chess Tournament and got a trophy.  They only give to the top 5 in his category.
  • Thank you God gained 116 up and is now at 944 in the Chess ratings.
  • Thank you God for all our kitchen tools that help us create amazing food.
  • Thank you God for libraries.
  • Thank you God for getting a lot done today.
THOUGHTS:
  • My husband doesn't like boiled things or stews.  However, sancocho was an exception.  So, today I am making a corned beef and it has to cook in water for hours (in the crockpot) to get out the salt otherwise it will be as salty as heck.  Afterwards, I will put on our Caphalon Grill and grill (this does both the top and bottom simultaneously.  Takes longer, but I hope he likes and appreciates this.
  • Our son doesn't care for bacon and picked out all his bacon in yesterday's tuna casserole.  My husband loves bacon.  However, there are occasions our son loves bacon.  I think maybe when it's in small pieces, so it's hard to please both.  I remember one time maybe 3 yrs ago, I cooked maybe 3 lbs of bacon and he ate nearly 2 lbs himself.  Guess he OD'd on bacon that time.  
  • Our daughter doesn't like peppers and right now is going to be dairy free for a couple months to see how her skin responds to this, to see if the eczema in her arms reduce or not.  If not, we can add some dairy and then we will go gluten free for a couple months to see how this impacts the eczema.  She has a lot less now than she did when she was a baby/toddler, so I thank God for this.
  • My husband and kids love most of the foods my dad makes and gives to us.  It's a little different, but good and I know this makes my dad happy.
  • I was pleasantly surprised when I went to Tropical Traditions and found that they have free shipping for a week.  Normally they have free shipping on the first Monday of the month and I am needing to reorder more moisturizer for my face.  Theirs is the only moisturizer I will use and I've been using it for years, minus my brief stint with Mary Kay.  
  • Time-Tec actually sent me a check for $18.82 ($17.71 + $1.11) to cover the shipping of my heartrate monitor to them the 2nd time and me having to pay for shipping to get it back.  I'm done with the company, but they did make good on this after a huge stink and them somewhat bashing me on their FB page (and then later deleting mine and others' comments on my behalf).  Because of how they handled this situation and no apology, I'm just done with this company.  Nothing else to say about them rather I will be sending my stuff back to Polar in NY when it needs maintenance.
  • Was good to go to Costco and Dollar Tree totally by myself.  Get in and out without spending more money than I'd like.
  • I didn't know Costco opens earlier on Saturdays at 9:30 am, so I was happy about that.  I hate going to Costco when it's crowded.  Love the prices for White Distilled Vinegar (~$3) and Baking Soda (~$5).  These are our main ingredients for cleaning.  We do also use Awesome & Hydrogen Peroxide from the Dollar Tree, and Castille Soap (floors) from Trader Joe's.
  • Was super happy to find Organic Hibiscus Tea for $21.69 on Amazon for 200 bags ($0.108/bag).  Hopefully these are just as good as the ones I got at Sprouts for 16 bags for $4.96 ($0.31/bag).  Almost 1/3rd of the cost and shipped to my door.  No sales tax.
  • My daughter and I made videos of making 2 sizes of jicama noodles, thin beet noodles, large flat kohlrabi noodles, carrot noodles, pineapple wedges, slices, noodles (no to the pineapple noodles), beet & jicama fries (raw).
  • Ran into a woman whose daughter I have been amazed with her hair because she has mixed curly corkscrew hair similar to our daughter's.  She recommended a product that is called DevaCurl and the Curly Girl Method.  I am going to get the Curl Girl book so I can read up on this and think about investing in the product.  I think I will need at least 5 different products, but it's supposed to help my daughter enjoy and cherish her gorgeous curls without hating them, and allow her to have her hair down.  More investigation needed.
  • Since my husband is not into boiled meat, which you have to do with corned beef or find some way to get a lot of the salt out, I cooked it again in the slow cooker.  Then I grilled it on the Caphalon Grill we have which has grill plates on the top and bottom, as well as timer setting and temperature controls.  Grilled it at 450 F for 15 minutes and gave it those nice grill marks and less "wet".  I did reserve the juice from the crockpot to use, if we wanted to.
  • My daughter and I made a bunch of videos showing me using the Spiralizer, Kitchen Plus 2000, and  Progressive International Tower to cut up the pineapples, beets, jicama, and kohlrabi, as well as pictures.  Still trying to figure out how to get them on my computer from the iPhone, as it's plugged in at my husband's computer without having to repeatedly plug and unplug this.  It was pretty fun to do this with her as my son helps me a lot more in the kitchen than she does.  We did this while he was in the Chess Tournament.
  • Really proud of our son for focusing and doing much better gradually at Chess.  He messed up on the game he lost, so he possibly could have had a draw there, too, but hopefully he is learning with every game and that he will do even better in his next tournament.  
ACTIONS:
  • Probiotic & fish oil - before breakfast
  • 2 tpsns Braggs raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar in 8 oz water - before breakfast
  • Hibiscus & green tea with honey & turmeric - morning 
  • My heart meds, hair supps, Multi vitamins, cinnamon, Zn, Mg, Ca, selenium supp - breakfast  
  • Lots of water & iced tea - throughout day
  • Did EFT for:  nothing, no time
LIFE TO DOs:
  • Dollar Tree - stuff for daughter, odds & ends
  • Costco - vinegar, baking soda, brussel sprouts, snacks for kids
  • Get towel back of door hanger - got from Wal-Mart online.  I get 5% back, so pays for most of tax
  • Trash - son
  • Pick up DVDs from Perry
  • Bathroom sinks & toilet - son
  • Bathroom showers - daughter
  • Mop house - daughter
  • Sweep house - son
  • Laundry - uniforms (1 load), clothes (3 loads), rugs (2 loads), towels (1 load)
  • Order Hibiscus tea - 200 count
  • Order Vitamin E
  • Order skin moisturizer from Tropical Traditions - free shipping
  • Deposit check from Time-Tec
  • Cut up the following:  3 pineapples, 3 jicamas, 1 kohlrabi, 5 beets
  • Take laptop into Softque.
  • Return non-working headset to Best Buy
  • Gather in receipts for C.
  • Update driver's license for my husband
  • Update my husband's ss card at the ss administration office in downtown Phx  
  • Make photo album for husband's mom & kids' Grandma M
  • Upload videos to YT for kids for karate. - Loaded this to the wrong YT account.
  • I need to get an estimate on the repairs and fax to them this week. 
  • Resolve format issues with some MP3s to my iPod.
  • Continue with job search.
  • File paperwork in crate.
  • Explorer Things To Fix List - rear 3rd brake light (whole assembly $120 + labor), passenger side powered mirror ($31 from eBay + labor), passenger front seat powered windows ($120-200 total), left rear tail light ($35 from eBay + labor), rear windshield wiper ($20 from eBay + labor), front hood strut mechanism, rear driver's side door fixing it ($200)
SLEEP:
  • 10:30 pm - 6:00 am (7.5 hrs) - I was hoping to sleep in but I wasn't sleepy anymore.  Husband went to sleep at 3:00 am.  Guess there goes the sleeping early thing
FOOD JOURNAL:
Breakfast  (8:15 am) - sausage egg mcmuffin, hashbrown, and a medium sugar free vanilla iced coffee

Lunch (2:15 pm) - raw carrot noodles, raw beet and jicama fries, raw kohlrabi flat noodles, raw beet noodles with some roasted chicken

Dinner (6:30 pm) - raw carrot noodles, raw beet and jicama fries, raw kohlrabi flat noodles, raw beet noodles with some roasted chicken and grilled corned beef

EXERCISE - rest day

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive