Index Labels

Wk 2, Day 4 - Thurs, 13-Mar-2014 - Happy Birthday, Me!

. . No comments:
WORSHIP SONG:

Let Them See You - JJ Weeks Band

5 GRATITUDES (Thank you, Heavenly Papa!):
  • Thank you God for giving me another year.
  • Thank you God for businesses who are top notch.
  • Thank you God for my husband, children, family and friends.
  • Thank you God for all the birthday wishes and blessings I got today.
  • Thank you God for more opportunities to let You shine.
NAMES OF GOD STUDY - Wk 2  

The God of Might (’El Shaddai)

  • I still haven't started.  
THOUGHTS:
  • Got woken up by the kids being noisy this morning and that sort of put me in a foul mood as I had a bad headache all day long yesterday.  Thankfully none today.  Found out the Verizon rep never placed the order for my new iPhone 5c that I was expecting today.  So, the order got placed today.  Found out Time-Tec really isn't a good place to get my Polar maintenance done on it.  Then, I found out today that I won't be considered for the job I interviewed last week on.  Happy Birthday!

    I was a bit heated but when I got the rejection from the interview that was my breaking point and I started crying.  It has been really tough, but I'm sure God has something better.  My husband told me that and encouraged me and gave me lots of hugs.

    The most important things, though, are my family and friends and despite this other stuff, I'm not going to let the devil discourage me.  I told God before to close the doors He does not want me to go through, so I guess He allowed that door to be closed to me.

    My husband and kids sang to me Happy Birthday and presented me with gifts and it was awesome.  My parents remembered and were generous to me, for which I am so grateful.  My sister calls multiple times until she gets me.  My health is progressively getting better.  My husband told me my hair looks to be thicker and that's important for me.   
  • I am very unhappy with Time-Tec in Los Angeles.  They made an error in not correctly putting the battery in my heartrate receiver.  They told me to ship it back to them and they would pay for shipping, but not telling me any constraints on sending it back.  I do not work out without my heartrate monitor.  I shipped it UPS and it cost more than they liked.  They were unwilling to pay for the full amount of shipping but that made me upset.  And I was unwilling to do a free battery replacement because the next time would be in two years and that's too long.  They finally agreed to pay for the full shipping amount as well as the box I purchased to ship it in, which came to just under $18.  But they are not shipping the check for that for 2 weeks.

    It's just them stalling because they already received prompt payment for me to correctly maintenance my items.  Anyway, I called back today since they said it will be fixed by today and that they will ship out today.  They refused to give me a tracking number because they said since they are refunding me the near $18, which is $11 more than they wanted to, they are unwilling to pay extra for the tracking, which is about another $1 or so extra.  They charge $7 for shipping, which they only spent $2.60 to originally ship me the item the first time, so really, they made $4.30 on that and that is just me, not including the many other people they probably make money shipping out.

    So, for about $6.70, they are willing to lose a customer over and it wasn't even my fault because they had poor workmanship in the first place.  I have to hold off another week because of them from exercising.  I will wait 3 weeks to receive the check and if I don't get it, then I'll put in a complaint to the Los Angeles Better Business Bureau.  Hopefully my heartrate monitor doesn't get lost in the mail.  Really stupid of them to not just provide the tracking number so that they have accountability that I received the unit as well as I do.

    I love that heartrate monitor and it's not in my budget to go buy another one, so it'd better get back to me.  Nevertheless, I probably will still file a complain with the BBB for poor business service.  This isn't the first time they made a mistake with me.  The 2nd time I used them, they lost my transmitter, but they did replace it.  Anyway, for future maintenance, I will just send directly to Polar.  
  • I got rejected for the job I interviewed with last week.  I really wanted that job and cried a little bit afterwards.  My husband encouraged me and said that there is something better in store.
  • Being that I had a few not good things happen today, my husband helped me look at it from the grand scheme of things and he is right, they are trivial.  Because the enemy is trying to discourage me, I should dig my heels in the ground and keep my focus on Jesus who is the Author and Finisher of my faith.  God is in control.
  • I enjoyed my day with my husband and kids and the kids and my husband made me a wonderfully HUGE card and some nice gifts from the heart.  Also, being able to get free food was nice, too.  God bless all those businesses immensely.
ACTIONS:
  • Probiotic & fish oil - before breakfast
  • 2 tpsns Braggs raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar in 8 oz water - before breakfast
  • Hibiscus & green tea with honey & turmeric - in the morning
  • My heart meds, hair supps, Multi vitamins, cinnamon, Zn, Mg, Ca, selenium supp - during breakfast
  • Lots of water & iced tea - throughout day
  • Did EFT for a - no EFT today.
LIFE TO DOs:
  • Call Time-Tec for the tracking number of my package being returned to me. - they are refusing to pay the extra $1 to track it.  Hopefully it doesn't get lost and if it does, I will sue them for their negligence.  Note, that I have never wanted to sue anyone in my life.
  • Complete school survey for daughter
  • Register kids for next session of Karate - Wed
  • Gather in receipts for C.
  • Update driver's license for my husband
  • Update my husband's ss card at the ss administration office in downtown Phx  
  • Make photo album for husband's mom & kids' Grandma M
  • Upload videos to YT for kids for karate. - Loaded this to the wrong YT account.
  • I need to get an estimate on the repairs and fax to them this week. 
  • Resolve format issues with some MP3s to my iPod.
  • Continue with job search.
  • File paperwork in crate.
  • Explorer Things To Fix List - rear 3rd brake light (whole assembly $120 + labor), passenger side powered mirror ($31 from eBay + labor), passenger front seat powered windows ($120-200 total), left rear tail light ($35 from eBay + labor), rear windshield wiper ($20 from eBay + labor), front hood strut mechanism, rear driver's side door fixing it ($200)
SLEEP:
  • 11:30 pm - 7:30 (8 hrs) - Got awoken by the kids being too noisy.  The room was nice and cool, not cold nor hot.  Perfect and no A/C or heat needed, the best part.  If only it was this way all year round. 
FOOD JOURNAL:
Breakfast  (8:30 am) - 2 eggs with some chicken, shredded cheddar and the rest of the leftovers from last night (split with my kids).

Snack (11:30 am) - some Banana Sweet Puffs and Banana pudding stuff the kids made - very yummy but so decadent.

Lunch/Dinner (4:00 pm) - Denny's 1/4 of Original Grand Slam and 1/4 of Lumberjack Slam, 1/4 of chocolate chip ice cream sandwich from Liberty Market, 2 slices of BBQ Chicken Pizza, a few onion rings and some garlic fries from Joe's Farm Grill ---------> We could not eat all the onion rings or fries, nor eat any of the stuff we got at Joe's BBQ.  That will be another meal that we reserve for probably Sunday.  Had some BBQ chips later in the evening.

EXERCISE - rest day

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive