Index Labels

Wk 5, Day 6 (Sat, 24-Aug-2013)

. . No comments:
THOUGHTS:
  • My husband and I are working on better communications with each other.  Melding several cultures together is sometimes a challenge.  He usually is a very polite communicator while I tend to be more blunt.  He jokes more and can be quite sarcastic, but tries not to be sarcastic when he's angry, unless he's really angry.  I tend to be underlying, almost passively sarcastic, which really upsets him.  He tends to take extremes when things are heated and doesn't like to talk when he's angry while I'm the opposite.  We are both learning.  As I am less passively sarcastic and just communicate in a normal, nice way, making my requests, he's much better with this.  
  • The frig smelled bad.  Had the kids clean this.  It's much better now.  It took them awhile because we couldn't get the lower rack out, which had a bunch of gross liquid stuff pool down there.
  • My dad is lending me his Kitchen Aid accessories to make chicken sausage.  Woohoo!  I hope to get to it today.
  • Today is major laundry day with 10 loads.  Is going to take all day and not sure if we can get everything done today or not.
  • Today we are making Bistec and homemade fries instead of plantains.  Normally I buy everything on sale, but this time, we did not.  I'm really looking forward to this meal.  It is sooo yummy.  We are home mainly all day except to run out to Lowe's, which is nearby. 
  • My weight has been going up and I'm not sure if it's because I'm drinking less water.  I've stopped drinking any liquids with my meals, and I'm not sure if that's causing me to eat more.  When I drink throughout my meals, I seem to eat less, have fewer cravings, and want to eat less food.  So, I'm going back for now to drinking throughout my meals.
  • I made mantecadas today, my first attempt using a recipe I found off the internet in Spanish.  Had to do some conversions to what we use.  It turned out delicious, but not what I was going for.  Maybe too much cinnamon and I need to add some corn meal?  
  • Haven't been taking as many pictures lately, and I will post when I get the chance.  Today has been super busy and I'm really beat.
  • My dad asked me if I made the sausage.  He seemed disappointed I didn't get to it, but my plans are to do that tomorrow. 
  • Didn't get as much of my sub con job work done because of everything else I was doing.  That's okay.  I did get some work done and maybe I'll get more done tomorrow.
  • Going to bed earlier tonight as I'm exhausted.
ACTIONS:
  • Took my heart meds, hair supps, probiotic, MSM.
  • Drank water (a 48 oz QT cup).
  • Get my workout done. - done
  • Do Shoulder Exercises - done
LIFE TO DOs:
  • Laundry Needs:  1 load kids' school clothes, 1 loads towels, 1 load rugs, 3 loads clothes, 1 load whites, grandpa's towels & rugs, master bed's linens. - 1 load of clothes left.  Will do Sunday after church.
  • Son to clean bathroom sink, sweep his room, take out all trash in all rooms, make lunch,.
  • Daughter to sweep & mop kitchen, clean toilet, vacuum, dishes, cleaning kitchen counters.
  • Teach kids how to clean/scrub chairs.
  • Kids to clean frig, clean/scrub chairs.
  • Go to Lowe's to buy a new toilet ball & cock.
  • Replace toilet's ball & cock so it stops running.
  • Get Saturday weekend work for sub con job.
  • Ordered Journey to the Center of the Earth for son.  We accidentally bought a Blu-Ray and it's too much of a pain regarding the digital copy, as we didn't realize it was device specific.
  • Follow up on job I applied for on Friday on Monday. 
  • Pick up Biotin & ActivaFulvic.
  • Apply at ST, EJ, CW.
  • Get emissions done for car.
  • Pay car registration online after getting emissions done.
  • Find a good coffee grinder at Goodwill for under $3 to replace my 20+ yr old one that died.
  • Pay car insurance (scheduled for end of the month).
  • Pay 2nd payment on daughter's book deposit (end of Aug).
  • Renew NN (scheduled for Sep).
  • Pay daughter's choir payment (end of Sep).
  • Pay son's balance on Chess (end of Sep).
  • Finish making solar screens for front of house.
  • Resolve format issues with some MP3s to my iPod.
  • Continue with job search.
  • File paperwork in crate.
  • Reorganize top of cabinet.
  • Find out costs for parts & labor for the things we need done to the Explorer - rear 3rd brake light (whole assembly $120 + labor), passenger side powered mirror ($31 from eBay + labor), passenger front seat powered windows ($120-200 total), left rear tail light ($35 from eBay + labor), rear windshield wiper ($20 from eBay + labor), front hood strut mechanism, lower ball joint replacements ($335), front & rear shocks & struts ($380), rear driver's side door fixing it ($200), belt for the P/R/D ($135).
SLEEP:
  • 10:30 pm - 7:00 am (8 hrs) - Body still sore, but felt better to get some sleep.  Still tired.  I know you cannot catch up on sleep.  My husband stayed up super late.  Not sure when he went to bed, but it was after 3:00 am (it's not good for him, but I can't say anything).  He did wake me up probably around 4:00 am for some fun, which that was nice and I was glad I could still go back to sleep.    
FOOD JOURNAL:
Breakfast  (9:00 am) - a Bacon Croissant sandwich from JIB.

Lunch (1:30 pm) - a cheese quesidilla and 48 oz protein shake that has blueberries, ground flaxseed, cinnamon, cow's milk, ice, no flavor whey protein.

Dinner (6:45 pm) -  this was a concoction I made - dried mini cheese raviolis (boiled with salt and olive oil), a head of cauliflower chopped, 12 oz bacon diced, 1 medium red onion diced, a jar of Ragu garlic & onion sauce.  All that together, topped with shredded cheddar cheese and sprinkled with oregano.  --->  I had a bowl of this.  Yes, I know the raviolis were carby.

Before I added the mini cheese raviolis, sauce, cheese, oregano

EXERCISE:
Workout Time = 12:44 pm

Ageless Abs Warmup - 2:41 min 
  • 10 pushups
  • 12 squats
  • 10 spiderman crawl jumps total
  • 20 jumping jacks
Zuzka Beginner #5 - 12 Min. AMRAP
  • 20 Stationary Side Lunges
  • 20 Criss Cross Mountain Climbers
  • 20 Air Squats
  • 20 Lying Leg Raises
Rounds Completed:  3 full rounds + 20 Lunges & Climbers, and 2 Squats (80 reps x 3 rounds + 42 = 282 reps total)

Shoulder Exercises (Chicken Wings, Jumping Jacks, Ws, Supermans on a Swiss Ball) - 2 rounds

Cooldown:  11:12 min. - shortened the cooldown 

Warmup:  Time = 2:41, Max HR = 137 bpm, Avg HR = 119 bpm
Round 1:  Time = 3:54, Max HR = 139 bpm, Avg HR = 128 bpm 
Round 2:  Time = 3:41, Max HR = 146 bpm, Avg HR = 132 bpm 
Round 3:  Time = 3:34, Max HR = 149 bpm, Avg HR = 136 bpm 
Round 4:  Time = 1:03, Max HR = 145 bpm, Avg HR = 140 bpm
Shoulder Exercises:  Time = 3:34, Max HR = 145 bpm, Avg HR = 130 bpm
Cooldown:  Time = 11:12, Max HR = 131 bpm, Avg HR = 111 bpm

Zone 1 = 7:24, Zone 2 = 6:16, Zone 3 = 2:00, Zone 4 = 1:16, Zone 5 = 0:00

Total Time = 29:42
Max HR = 149 bpm
Avg HR = 123 bpm
Total Calories = 321

Notes:   Good workout.  No issues.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive