Index Labels

Wk 4, Day 5 (Fri, 16-Aug-2013)

. . No comments:
THOUGHTS:
  • My husband is drooling about what we are going to eat this weekend, which is Bistec, patagones, and cilantro rice.  Me, too.  
  • I'm sore from yesterday's workout, but not too bad, especially in my hip area - from those side squats and leg lifts.
  • My weight is up nearly 1.4 lbs.  Uggh.  It's okay.  Yesterday we had a yummy meal, though, I think diarrhea earlier would've dropped it down.  Today, not eating an extra meal like lunch since my workout smoothie is right during lunch.  My husband didn't want food and just the smoothie, so I made it chocolaty, since he loves chocolate.
  • As I decrease in my weight, my blood pressures get lower.  My lowest reading this week was a bit low at 105/61, 53 bpm.  Most of my readings were in the 110/71, 61 bpm, which is a little better.  My husband says it's more ideal to be about 125ish/80ish.  The range I'm in, maybe just slightly higher, it's where I feel best.
  • Had two large and long jobs from my sub con job yesterday and today, and it was a lot.  Wiping me out.  Just two of the longest jobs in 2 consecutive days is too much.  Hope I don't get anymore jobs THAT big or long for awhile, though, the quality was pretty good.  I just don't make as much on these longer jobs.
  • Today is hot here in central AZ.  It's been that way all week and seems like the hot weather will continue on.
ACTIONS:
  • Took my heart meds, hair supps, probiotic, MSM.
  • Drank water (a 48 oz QT cup), but since I'm drinking less cold water, not drinking as much as I'd like..  
  • Got my workout done, finally.
LIFE TO DOs:
  • Complete the 1 job I got from yesterday, which was REALLY long.
  • Begin Friday's sub con jobs.  Hopefully there will be many good jobs and not one long one.  Done with all of Friday's work and turned in about 9:30 pm.
  • Negotiated payment plan to pay for Chess Club for Q1 & Q2 for son (pay on the 20th).
  • Wrote out payments to Chess Club.  Will have son turn in on first Chess Club mtg next week.
  • Apply at ST, EJ, CW.
  • Get emissions done for car.
  • Pay car registration online after getting emissions done.
  • Find a good coffee grinder at Goodwill for under $3 to replace my 20+ yr old one that died.
  • Pay car insurance (scheduled for end of the month).
  • Renew NN (scheduled for Sep).
  • Finish making solar screens for front of house.
  • Resolve format issues with some MP3s to my iPod.
  • Continue with job search.
  • File paperwork in crate.
  • Reorganize top of cabinet.
  • Find out costs for parts & labor for the things we need done to the Explorer - rear 3rd brake light (whole assembly $120 + labor), passenger side powered mirror ($31 from eBay + labor), passenger front seat powered windows ($120-200 total), left rear tail light ($35 from eBay + labor), rear windshield wiper ($20 from eBay + labor), front hood strut mechanism, lower ball joint replacements ($335), front & rear shocks & struts ($380), rear driver's side door fixing it ($200), belt for the P/R/D ($135).
SLEEP:
  • 9:45 pm - 5:45 am (8 hrs) - It feels good to get that much sleep.  Yesterday I was so wiped out from my one sub con job, I had to go to bed early and was hoping to finish the job earlier in the morning, but it took until right before my workout. 
FOOD JOURNAL:
Breakfast (7:00 am) -  2 egg sliders made by my daughter. 

Post Workout Protein Smoothie & Lunch  (1:00 pm) - blueberries, no flavor whey protein, chia seeds, cinnamon, banana, water, ice, ground flaxseed, lots of spinach, stevia and unsweetened cocoa powder

Dinner (7:15 pm) -  We were really hungry.  My husband made fries from 2 large Russet potatoes for the 4 of us.  We had the leftover chicken tenders from last night.  And leftover brussel sprouts from a few nights ago.  Two leftovers completely done.  Picture to come later.

EXERCISE:
Workout Time = 11:54 am

Ageless Abs Warmup - 3:53 min 
  • 10 pushups
  • 12 squats
  • 10 spiderman crawl jumps total
  • 20 jumping jacks
Zuzka Beginner #4 - 12 Min. AMRAP
  • 15 Side to Side Squat w/Reverse Lunge
  • 12 Side Plank Leg Lifts (each leg)
  • 12 Burpees (She had competition burpees, but I can do regular burpees)
Rounds Completed:  2 full rounds + Up to 7 Burpees (51 reps x 2 rounds + 46 = 148 reps total)

Shoulder Exercises (Superman, Chicken Wings, Jumping Jacks, Ws) - 2 rounds

Cooldown:  10:13 min. 

Warmup:  Time = 3:53, Max HR = 132 bpm, Avg HR = 101 bpm
Round 1:  Time = 4:12, Max HR = 150 bpm, Avg HR = 139 bpm 
Round 2:  Time = 4:34, Max HR = 154 bpm, Avg HR = 148 bpm 
Round 3:  Time = 3:22, Max HR = 155 bpm, Avg HR = 148 bpm 
Shoulder Exercises:  Time = 4:06, Max HR = 156 bpm, Avg HR = 142 bpm
Cooldown:  Time = 13:02, Max HR = 138 bpm, Avg HR = 122 bpm

Zone 1 = 8:58, Zone 2 = 3:34, Zone 3 = 5:40, Zone 4 = 7:50, Zone 5 = 0:14

Total Time = 33:10
Max HR = 156 bpm
Avg HR = 131 bpm
Total Calories = 391

Notes:  I didn't realize my heartrate monitor was set in weight to when I was almost 20 lbs heavier, to I readjusted the HR monitor and I see my results are a lot different than yesterday's workout in terms of data from my Polar HR monitor.  However, this was still a challenging workout and I was totally dripping in sweat.

I had better form in everything, going even lower in the squats and lunges.  Form is very important, good form, that is.  I still am unable to do Side Plank Leg Lifts without stabilizing myself with the non-propping hand.  The leg lifts are a lot harder today as my hips are fairly sore.

So, I'm not disappointed I was unable to do the last 5 burpees within the 12 min.

Today I remembered to do my shoulder exercises, of which I was totally dripping sweat.  Feels good.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive