Index Labels

Wk 3, Day 1 (Mon, 5-Aug-2013)

. . No comments:
THOUGHTS:

  • I thoroughly enjoyed my trip, the last day trip with my husband and kids to the Petrified Forest and the Painted Desert.  I do not recall ever going to these places, though I've lived in AZ my whole life.  It was absolutely gorgeous.  It takes about 3.5 hrs to get there from where I live, going through Payson.  Going through the Salt River Canyon would've taken longer, but more scenic.  We totally enjoyed the cooler weather and the rain, with some scary moments as we were out hiking and it thundering, raining and lightening.  That cut some hiking short, but later in the afternoon and early evening, we got a lot of hiking in and even into Blue Moon trail, which was a little steep in some areas, but very, very cool.  It is 28 miles from end to end, so we did a total of 56 miles.  Scenery is breathtaking and we got a lot of great photos in.
  • I did not worry about eating healthy, but I did start the day off with a good, healthy breakfast, which set the tone right.  I did observe and though I wanted to eat more of everything, God gave me the strength to be happy with eating less.  We had fast food all day long, but I just did not eat AS MUCH, so PORTION CONTROL was really important.
  • Did my measurements and I am down 10.5" total from the 16 measurements I take weekly.  15/16 measurements decreased.  My waist went down 1", my tummy 2.25", my hips, 1.5".  That was the biggest area of losses for me.  Praise God!  So, even with not perfect or even close to perfect eating for the week, I managed to still net 4 lbs loss, a big drop in inches, 0.6% loss in bodyfat.  Portion Control and getting in more movement.
  • I would be so strict before with results just as good or sometimes not even as good.  Granted, I am only 2 weeks into this, but I am glad I don't have to get stressed out and even if I don't eat that great, or miss working out, it doesn't mean everything is lost.  I am still making progress under real life conditions, which are usually less than ideal.
  • If you have pains in your body, you might check to see what is bothering you.  After doing some EFT, combined with prayer yesterday for my neck pain, I wake up today with no neck pain whatsoever.  I did not do the EFT until later in the evening last night.  The emotional stress was causing my neck pain.  I store my emotional stresses, it seems, in my neck/upper back, shoulders.
  • My inclination is always to cooldown fast, which my husband always reminds me to allow my body to cool down naturally instead of forcing it, like drinking ice cold water, standing in front of a fan or fridge or freezer, taking a cold shower.  He says sudden temperature extremes are not good for the body, so I am working on being better at this and notice I get sick less frequently when I let my body naturally adapt rather than forcing it.
  • I really miss not having a R.O. system.  We drink a lot of water between the 4 of us and have to go to the Water & Ice frequently, even though when we fill up, it's for about 40 gals of water.  When we are able to get our own home again, I look forward to having a RO System. to have good drinking water.
  • School starts tomorrow for the kids.
  • My first EFT and only in person EFT therapist more than 12 yrs ago gave me one of her programs for free.  She was really happy to hear of my progress and how EFT is benefiting me right now.  She rocks - look her up, it's Stacey Vornbrock.  She deals mainly with athletes.
ACTIONS:
  • Took my heart meds, hair supps, probiotic, MSM.
  • Drank ice cold water (now using a 48 oz QT cup with a nice plastic lid that doesn't break).
  • Did my workout.  
  • Finished my last chiropractic treatment for the right side of my neck/shoulder/upper back.  I can now go on maintenance.
  • Did some EFT.  I felt a big shift or some stuff going on physically.
LIFE TO DOs:
  • Send in my invoice on my sub job on Monday.
  • Get clarification on my Friday job stuff.
  • Finish Fri job stuff and turn in before 3 pm.
  • Get Monday's jobs.  Turned in 4 out of 6 jobs.
  • Got car washed with free coupon at Cobblestone.  Unfortunately, it looks like it's going to rain.  Uggh.
  • Went to Meet the Teacher for our son.  Met his homeroom teacher and the aide, as well as his math teacher.
  • Connect with Sean's Chess coach.
  • Go to Water & Ice.
  • Personal Care - facial waxing, facial mask.
  • Buy Biotin at Sprouts (25% off).
  • Make first payment for daughter's textbooks ($60).  Nobody to take my money.  Will have to drop off on Tues when school starts.
  • Pay for Study Club - see if I can only buy 2 sessions, not 5.
  • Pay for Chess Club for Q1 & Q2 for son.
  • Finish Monday's sub con job.
  • Return texts from LM and JF.
  • Apply at ST, EJ, CW.
  • Get emissions done for car.
  • Pay car registration online after getting emissions done.
  • Finish filling out all the Immigration paperwork.
  • Make copies of all Immigration paperwork.
  • Get passport photos.
  • Finish filling out HOA paperwork, take pictures and fax into the office.
  • Pay pest control online (scheduled).
  • Pay cell phone bill (scheduled).
  • Pay car insurance (scheduled).
  • Pay cable modem (scheduled).
  • Renew NN (scheduled).
  • Finish making solar screens for front of house.
  • Continue with job search.
  • File paperwork in crate.
  • Reorganize top of cabinet.
  • Find out costs for parts & labor for the things we need done to the Explorer - rear 3rd brake light (whole assembly $120 + labor), passenger side powered mirror ($31 from eBay + labor), passenger front seat powered windows ($120-200 total), left rear tail light ($35 from eBay + labor), rear windshield wiper ($20 from eBay + labor), front hood strut mechanism, lower ball joint replacements ($335), front & rear shocks & struts ($380), rear driver's side door fixing it ($200), belt for the P/R/D ($135).
SLEEP:
  • 12:00 am - 8:10 am (~8.25 hrs) - I was completely wiped out from our day trip to the Petrified Forest and Painted Desert.  We got home just before 11:30 pm and they were still up.  I was exhausted, changed my clothes, brush my teeth, washed my face and went to bed.  Slept like a log.

FOOD JOURNAL:
Breakfast Snack (10:15 am) - it was just a little leftover breakfast from yesterday, which was probably almost 1 egg with sausage & sweet peppers.  I didn't want to eat too much since I'm going to do a workout shortly.

Post Workout Smoothie  (1:00 pm) - the kids made this for me, so I had 48 oz of this and going to put what they put in it, but not sure of the amounts - no flavor whey protein, ground flaxseed, green powder, stevia, banana, blueberries, spinach, cinnamon, ice, water.  This will also serve as my lunch.  Sorry no picture.

Dinner (6:00 pm) - a very large slice of pizza (ate most of it, but not all) with meatballs & bacon from Big Boy Pizza, some fries (very yummy) and iced tea.  Picture to follow.  The pizza was really delicious.
This is really a very large slice of pizza, the biggest I've ever seen.

I didn't eat all these fries, but about 1/4th.


EXERCISE:
Workout Time = 12:06 pm

Ageless Abs Warmup - 3:39 min 
  • 12 squats
  • 10 pushups
  • 20 jumping jacks
  • 10 spiderman crawls total
Zuzka Beginner #3 - 12 Min. AMRAP
This is the first time to do this workout.
  • 10 Backward Lunges w/Kick Up per leg (20 total reps)
  • 12 Planks, Alt Side Steps
  • 20 Alt Weighted Squat Raise x 5 lb DB
Rounds Completed:  2 full rounds + the first 2 exercises (52 reps x 2  rounds + 32 reps = 134 reps total)

Shoulder Exercises on Swiss Ball (Superman, Chicken Wings, W, Jumping Jacks) - 1 Round

Cooldown:  9:12 min. 

Warmup:  Time = 3:46, Max HR = 143 bpm, Avg HR = 125 bpm
Round 1:  Time = 4:29, Max HR = 155 bpm, Avg HR = 141 bpm
Round 2:  Time = 4:35, Max HR = 164 bpm, Avg HR = 155 bpm
Round 3:  Time = 2:33, Max HR = 164 bpm, Avg HR = 158 bpm
Shoulder Exercises:  Time = 1:54, Max HR = 153 bpm, Avg HR = 149 bpm
Cooldown:  Time = 9:12, Max HR = 146 bpm, Avg HR = 123 bpm

Zone 1 = 6:27, Zone 2 = 2:32, Zone 3 = 2:28, Zone 4 = 6:20, Zone 5 = 4:14

Total Time = 26:31
Max HR = 164 bpm
Avg HR = 137 bpm
Total Calories = 378

Notes:   This was a challenging workout, though, not a long workout.  I felt so winded and for every weight squat raise, you're really doing 2 squats, so the 40 reps I did total was really 80 squats.  Thankfully I love squats, but still.  This was as many reps as you can in 12 minutes.  I could not have gone longer and couldn't wait for the time to be over.

Great workout!

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive