Index Labels

Wk 3, Day 5 (Fri, 9-Aug-2013)

. . No comments:
THOUGHTS:
  • Praise God for enough sleep and nothing interrupting me.  Not sure if there was an interruption if I would actually wake up.  Also happy that my husband went to bed early, compared to when he normally goes to sleep.
  • Had a really nice time this morning in worship.  
  • Won't go through the gory details on my 80 GB iPod classic and what I tried to do to fix my issues.  It turned out to be the HD was bad.  The Apple store's solution after running some tests to confirm the HD was trashed, and said I could upgrade to a 160 GB iPod Classic for $59.  I took it because the least I could find that was around $200 online.  It retails for $249.  So, this was a real deal to get a new 160 for $59 (plus tax).  Chris was excellent at helping me, and I am super happy about this.  My 80 GB gave me over 5 yrs of a lot of use during my workouts, hiking, etc.  Praise God!
  • Did not have my normal protein smoothie after the workout because I did my workout right before lunch time and so I ate lunch instead.
  • Working on not drinking during my meals and waiting 30 min. after I eat to drink anything, to allow my my body to digest my foods without being impeded by the water diluting it.  This is a challenge because I've had the habit of taking a bite of food and then drinking something.
  • Got a probiotic from my friend for the kids to take, to see if it helps them rebalance the flora in their body and eliminate cravings.  Since I started this 4-5 weeks ago, and taking a good probiotic, I rarely have cravings.  
  • This is my 5th workout in 5 days and I feel great.  My body is not sore, but I am pushing as much as I can in each workout.  
ACTIONS:
  • Took my heart meds, hair supps, probiotic, MSM.
  • Drank water (a 48 oz QT cup) and a 42 oz iced tea from Carls' Jr (unsweetened).
  • Did my workout.  
  • Did electrical stimulation on my upper back, 2-15 min. sessions on the left side and 1-15 min. session on both sides as I worked.
LIFE TO DOs:
  • Do and finish Thursday's remaining sub job
  • Complete Friday's sub job.  Only did 1/2 of Friday's work, as I started way late.
  • Pick up Probiotic from L.
  • Get work increased at sub job back to normal
  • Get excess ring cut at Lowe's.  This ring is smaller and fits better.
  • Call Takamine on how to fill out the warranty with the replacement guitar.
  • Go to post office to pick up mail and mail Takamine Warranty.  Post cards cost 33 cents to mail.
  • Get eye drops for the kids.  
  • Schedule appointment with the Genius at Apple store.
  • Go to Apple store to see if they can resolve my iPod issue.
  • Go to FD and pick up mantecas & veggies.
  • Get more veggies from 99 cent store.
  • Called LW back to give her my mechanics phone number.
  • Completed survey for Apple store.
  • Personal Care - facial waxing, facial mask.
  • Pay for Chess Club for Q1 & Q2 for son.
  • Apply at ST, EJ, CW.
  • Get emissions done for car.
  • Pay car registration online after getting emissions done.
  • Finish filling out all the Immigration paperwork.
  • Make copies of all Immigration paperwork.
  • Get passport photos.
  • Finish filling out HOA paperwork, take pictures and fax into the office.
  • Pay pest control online (scheduled).
  • Pay cell phone bill (scheduled).
  • Pay car insurance (scheduled).
  • Pay cable modem (scheduled).
  • Renew NN (scheduled).
  • Finish making solar screens for front of house.
  • Continue with job search.
  • File paperwork in crate.
  • Reorganize top of cabinet.
  • Find out costs for parts & labor for the things we need done to the Explorer - rear 3rd brake light (whole assembly $120 + labor), passenger side powered mirror ($31 from eBay + labor), passenger front seat powered windows ($120-200 total), left rear tail light ($35 from eBay + labor), rear windshield wiper ($20 from eBay + labor), front hood strut mechanism, lower ball joint replacements ($335), front & rear shocks & struts ($380), rear driver's side door fixing it ($200), belt for the P/R/D ($135).
SLEEP:
  • 9:30 pm - 6:00 am (8.25 hrs) - I was awake for about 15 min. around midnight, but went back to sleep.  Woke up and still very tired, but feel so much better with more sleep.  I know you can't catch up on sleep, so it will take another night of good sleep to feel totally better.  

FOOD JOURNAL:
Breakfast Snack (7:00 am) - 2 scrambled eggs.  My 9-yr old son made this for me so I could finish up my sub job from yesterday.

Lunch  (1:15 pm) - romaine lettuce, 3 radishes & 1/4 red onion chopped tossed with the cilantro-lime dressing and a large piece of chicken tender from last night cut up.  Simple salad.

Dinner (6:15 pm) - quesadillas made by the kids - cheese, 2-10" tortillas, shredded pork, cilantro & sour cream.  I ate 3/4ths of this.  My husband said it was a lot of food, so I stopped and didn't eat the whole thing, though, I wanted to.  
This overflowed a little off the salad plate.
That 1/4 is what I will be eating for breakfast tomorrow.  A change from eggs.
EXERCISE:
Workout Time = 12:04 pm

Ageless Abs Warmup - 3:25 min 
  • 12 squats
  • 10 pushups
  • 20 jumping jacks
  • 10 spiderman crawls total
Zuzka Beginner #3 - 12 Min. AMRAP
I pushed harder and did it with better form today.
  • 10 Backward Lunges w/Kick Up per leg (20 total reps) - didn't have the umpf to kick as high today
  • 12 Planks, Alt Side Steps - didn't get as winded today doing this
  • 20 Alt Weighted Squat Raise x 5 lb DB
Rounds Completed:  3 full rounds + 1 rep (52 reps x 3 rounds = 157 reps total)

Shoulder Exercises on Swiss Ball (Superman, Chicken Wings, W, Jumping Jacks) - 2 rounds

Cooldown:  14:41 min.  (used foam roller on back, quads, and IT bands)

Warmup:  Time = 3:25, Max HR = 140 bpm, Avg HR = 118 bpm
Round 1:  Time = 4:09, Max HR = 160 bpm, Avg HR = 141 bpm (less time)
Round 2:  Time = 4:25, Max HR = 160 bpm, Avg HR = 152 bpm (less time)
Round 3:  Time = 4:04, Max HR = 166 bpm, Avg HR = 158 bpm (less time)
Round 4:  Time = 0:19, Max HR = 165 bpm, Avg HR = 163 bpm
Shoulder Exercises:  Time = 5:12, Max HR = 160 bpm, Avg HR = 147 bpm
Cooldown:  Time = 14:52, Max HR = 147 bpm, Avg HR = 129 bpm

Zone 1 = 8:44, Zone 2 = 6:40, Zone 3 = 4:58, Zone 4 = 8:14, Zone 5 = 5:21

Total Time = 36:28
Max HR = 166 bpm
Avg HR = 138 bpm
Total Calories = 529

Notes:   My times for each round were the best so far out of the 4 times I've done this workout this week.  My heartrates were just slightly lower than yesterday's so my body is adapting to the workout.  Zones 1, 3, 4 had higher times, but Zones 2 and 5 have lower time.  Zone 4 & 5 are anaerobic, Zones 1 & 2 are mainly fatburning.  I want a good mix of aerobic and anaerobic to allow my body to burn fat well after the workout is done.

This was a good workout.

I did 2 rounds of the shoulder exercises, but after the workout, I felt winded and dripping in sweat doing this.

During my cooldown, I wanted to further loosen my tight psoas, but my body wouldn't let me.  This was very painful.  My IT bands are still pretty tight, so it'll take some work to untighten this area of my body.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive