Index Labels

Wk 3, Day 4 (Thurs, 8-Aug-2013)

. . No comments:
THOUGHTS:
  • Now with 3 nights of not enough sleep.  I need about 7-8 hrs of sleep a night.  Now I need to get up early to get the kids to school on time, which means a wake up time of 6:00 am.  My daughter must've set my other timer to 5:40 am, which didn't allow me to get more sleep.  All these interruptions to my sleep.  I'm going to do a little less of a workout today or maybe not push as hard.  I feel a bit nauseated, but must press through.  My doctor doesn't want me taking naps as that messes up my sleep.  Kids waking me up with their alarms in my room.  
  • Going to get my workout in early before I lose steam.  Hope I can get my sub con work done today.  
  • I will do my best to go to bed before 10 pm tonight, so if I'm awaken, that my husband chooses to wake me in the middle of the sleep cycle (hard to tell when that is, though) instead of at the end of the cycle which causes me to be wide awake.
  • Though I felt so tired, I decided to push to workout.  If I don't get adequate sleep tonight, then I'm not working out tomorrow because that's putting too much stress on my body and I don't want to be raising my cortisol levels and fall back into bad over exercise habits.  I'm not doing a ton of exercise, but when you are sleep deprived, it is then over exercising and not good for my body.
  • I've not been experiencing hardly any soreness, so that is good.  If so, just a little bit and it feels good.
  • My Blood Pressures are doing well.  My husband says they are a little low, but they are in a range I like.  Probably as I drop the next 10 lbs, I need to go see my doctor to get my meds readjusted and lowered, if my BP goes any lower.
  • My husband and kids loved the meal last night.  We eat a lot of greens daily and this was one meal we still got a veggie in, but it was a little bit decadent compared to our normally unfried meals.  Unfortunately, I had the heat too high and smoked my family out of the house nearly.
ACTIONS:
  • Took my heart meds, hair supps, probiotic, MSM.
  • Drank water (a 48 oz QT cup).  
  • Did my workout.  Surprised I did as well as I did on so little sleep.
  • Used electrical stimulation (Tens unit) on my upper back because it was feeling so tight, especially the left side.  Did 2-15 min. session.  First session on both sides of upper back.  2nd session only on left side.  Both were at a 4.  Felt A LOT better after the 2nd session.
  • Use the Acu-Masseur on my upper back.
LIFE TO DOs:
  • Completed Wednesday's sub jobs, remaining 1/3rd before 9 am.  
  • Get ice at McDonald's.
  • Do and finish Thursday's sub jobs. - I didn't do this, rather I got 3/4ths done and turned in.  They were a lot harder than I thought and I was so tired I went to bed early instead.
  • Get excess ring cut at Lowe's.
  • Personal Care - facial waxing, facial mask.
  • Pay for Chess Club for Q1 & Q2 for son.
  • Apply at ST, EJ, CW.
  • Get emissions done for car.
  • Pay car registration online after getting emissions done.
  • Finish filling out all the Immigration paperwork.
  • Make copies of all Immigration paperwork.
  • Get passport photos.
  • Finish filling out HOA paperwork, take pictures and fax into the office.
  • Pay pest control online (scheduled).
  • Pay cell phone bill (scheduled).
  • Pay car insurance (scheduled).
  • Pay cable modem (scheduled).
  • Renew NN (scheduled).
  • Finish making solar screens for front of house.
  • Continue with job search.
  • File paperwork in crate.
  • Reorganize top of cabinet.
  • Find out costs for parts & labor for the things we need done to the Explorer - rear 3rd brake light (whole assembly $120 + labor), passenger side powered mirror ($31 from eBay + labor), passenger front seat powered windows ($120-200 total), left rear tail light ($35 from eBay + labor), rear windshield wiper ($20 from eBay + labor), front hood strut mechanism, lower ball joint replacements ($335), front & rear shocks & struts ($380), rear driver's side door fixing it ($200), belt for the P/R/D ($135).
SLEEP:
  • 11:00 pm - 3:30 am (4.5 hrs) - I went to be at my goal, but I need to move this goal up to 10:00 pm or earlier.  I worked until 9:30 pm and then was attempting to print out some EFT stuff, which didn't turn out.  However, I was able to do all the EFT protocol of Stacey's Failure/Success stuff, which took a little over an hour.  My plans were to do more injury EFT but I came upon this stuff on her website.  It's really good stuff.  After sleeping for that time, with one wake up because I drank too much water before bed (needed the water for the EFT), but went back to sleep immediately.  When my husband wanted time with me, this time I was not able to go back to sleep because I guess he woke me at the end of a sleep cycle, so then I was wide awake.  Almost fell back asleep about 5:30 am and then the first alarm went off at 5:40 am, so I'm not going to count the maybe 10 minutes of sleep I got after being awake for a couple hours.  I wanted to work to tire myself out, but that upset my husband.  Not a complaint because I love to spend time with my husband as much as possible, but now this is 3 nights with inadequate sleep.  

FOOD JOURNAL:
Breakfast Snack (7:15 am) - 2 egg sliders.  This was made by my daughter in our slider grill pan that we got at Goodwill for $2-3.  How great of her to do this.  She added a little sea salt and cayenne pepper.  Very yummy and I could've eaten 10 of those, but she made me 2.

Post Workout Protein Smoothie (10:00 pm) - 11/2 scoop whey protein, 1/2 scoop chia seeds, cinnamon, greens powder, water, ice, blueberries, a banana.  The chia seeds made it seem like a milkshake without any dairy.  Had the same thing today but with a little more whey protein.  No picture.

Lunch  (12:45 pm) - romaine lettuce, shredded carrots, the tuna salad from 2 days ago, some of the dressing from yesterday, cut up sweet peppers, 1/2 avocado, some pepitas (they are like big sunflower seeds).

Snack (4:15 pm) - 2 small chocolate hazelnut piroettes (this is 1/2 a serving)

Dinner (6:45 pm) - Homemade chicken tenders with spices & panko, and fried zucchini sticks using same coating as the chicken.  My son made a homemade sauce of mayo, ketchup and ground pepper.  This was incredibly yummy.  I cooked all the food with Rice Bran oil, which handles high heat.  I did not deep fry this meal rather just put oil in a large skillet and kept flipping the food.  I ate one more zucchini stick and another 1/2 of a small piece of chicken.  Could've eaten more but I was going to have self control.
EXERCISE:
Workout Time = 9:38 am

Ageless Abs Warmup - 3:15 min 
  • 12 squats
  • 10 pushups
  • 20 jumping jacks
  • 10 spiderman crawls total
Zuzka Beginner #3 - 12 Min. AMRAP
I pushed harder and did it with better form today.
  • 10 Backward Lunges w/Kick Up per leg (20 total reps) - didn't have the umpf to kick as high today
  • 12 Planks, Alt Side Steps - didn't get as winded today doing this
  • 20 Alt Weighted Squat Raise x 5 lb DB
Rounds Completed:  3 full rounds (52 reps x 3 rounds = 156 reps total)

Shoulder Exercises on Swiss Ball (Superman, Chicken Wings, W, Jumping Jacks) - 1 round

Cooldown:  14:41 min.  (used foam roller on back, quads, and IT bands, and softball on psoas)

Warmup:  Time = 3:15, Max HR = 136 bpm, Avg HR = 120 bpm
Round 1:  Time = 4:30, Max HR = 155 bpm, Avg HR = 143 bpm (less time)
Round 2:  Time = 4:48, Max HR = 166 bpm, Avg HR = 156 bpm (more time)
Round 3:  Time = 4:35, Max HR = 165 bpm, Avg HR = 161 bpm
Shoulder Exercises:  Time = 3:03, Max HR = 162 bpm, Avg HR = 150 bpm
Cooldown:  Time = 14:41, Max HR = 145 bpm, Avg HR = 130 bpm

Zone 1 = 7:30, Zone 2 = 7:26, Zone 3 = 3:28, Zone 4 = 6:38, Zone 5 = 7:22

Total Time = 34:55
Max HR = 155 bpm
Avg HR = 141 bpm
Total Calories = 504

Notes:   Seriously, I feel like puking.  Not sure if that's from lack of sleep or what.  I did eat breakfast.  I'm also a little light headed, but not too much as I can still type.

I pushed as hard as I could on 4.5 hrs of sleep.  For each of the zones, I had more time in all of them.  Though my max heartrate didn't get as high, I burned more calories, well, about 10 more than last time, but that could've been because I worked out a minute or so longer.

Though my zone times were increased, my max HRs and avg HRs were lower than the last time I did this workout.  Not sure if it's because of lack of sleep.

I wanted to do 2 rounds of the shoulder exercises, but I was so exhausted I couldn't do anymore.  For my cooldown, I just wanted to lie there, but I didn't.  My IT bands were so sore.  My psoas was really tight, too as that hurt doing it.  Could hear all the popping in my back as I did the foam roller on it.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive