Index Labels

Wk 8, Day 2 (Tues, 10-Sep-2013)

. . No comments:
THOUGHTS:
  • I am asking God to give me wisdom in my choices in the things He is tasking me to do, to rebuild things in our lives, but it will take planning and focus on the Lord.
  • I noticed sometimes, well, more often lately, some negative emotions but I am learning to take my authority here again, as the Daughter of the Most High King.  I do not need to let those emotions rule me or play a part of my life.
  • My husband and I got to go on a short, almost costing nothing date last night after the kids went to sleep - a drive and a walk in the park hand in hand, something we did our first real date together.  It was a beautiful night with a crescent moon overlooking the lakes, and it was cool, a little humid in some areas.  I enjoyed the time with my sweetheart.
  • My body is so sore.  It's not a comfortable sore today.  Used the Acu Masseur to workout trigger points in my IT band, quads, and some on my neck & traps area.  Used my Tens unit near and around my left knee area, since it wasn't feeling well today - that's electrical stimulation.  Did three 15 min. rounds.  Also, had my husband put Biofreeze on my hams, calves, and my upper back.  Also did some EFT for the soreness.
ACTIONS:
  • Took my heart meds, hair supps, MSM.
  • Drank water (a 48 oz QT cup).  
  • Get my workout done. - done
  • Do shoulder exercises.
LIFE TO DOs:
  • Get Monday's sub con work done.
  • Get Tuesday's sub con work done.
  • Get more ground flaxseed and no flavor whey protein powder.
  • Get some ActivaFulvic.
  • Apply at ST, EJ, CW.
  • Find a good coffee grinder at Goodwill for under $3 to replace my 20+ yr old one that died.
  • Pay car insurance.
  • Renew NN (scheduled for Sep).
  • Finish making solar screens for front of house.
  • Resolve format issues with some MP3s to my iPod.
  • Continue with job search.
  • File paperwork in crate.
  • Reorganize top of cabinet.
  • Find out costs for parts & labor for the things we need done to the Explorer - rear 3rd brake light (whole assembly $120 + labor), passenger side powered mirror ($31 from eBay + labor), passenger front seat powered windows ($120-200 total), left rear tail light ($35 from eBay + labor), rear windshield wiper ($20 from eBay + labor), front hood strut mechanism, lower ball joint replacements ($335), front & rear shocks & struts ($380), rear driver's side door fixing it ($200), belt for the P/R/D ($135).
SLEEP:
  • 11:00 pm - 6:15 am (7.25 hrs) - Not enough sleep, but I needed to get the kids to school early since our daughter has choir practice.
FOOD JOURNAL:
Breakfast  (8:15 am) - most of a Loaded Breakfast Burrito from Carl's Jr. from yesterday that my husband didn't like.  It tastes better fresh.  No pic.

Post Workout Smoothie & Lunch (12:15 pm) - a bunch of fresh kale just picked from the garden, 2 scoops no flavor whey protein, ground flaxseed, blueberries, a banana, cinnamon, water, ice, chia seeds.

Lunch (1:30 pm) - a hot & spicy McChicken

Dinner (6:30 pm) - brussel sprouts, bacon, sausage, red onions, cayenne pepper


EXERCISE:
Workout Time = 11:23 am

Ageless Abs Warmup - 3:16 min 
  • 10 pushups
  • 12 squats
  • 10 spiderman crawl jumps total
  • 20 jumping jacks
Zuzka ZSHRED #3


Just the preview video
3 Rounds:
  • 1 min. Jump Rope w/High Knees
  • 50 Air Squats fast (a regular squat)
  • 30 Alternating Weighted Step Ups x 12# DBs (I used a 9" step)
  • 10 Lunge Jumps (same side, then switch)
  • 25 Weighted Goblet Plie Squats x 15# DB
  • 20 Alternating Split Lunges (Jump Lunges)
Shoulder Exercises on Swiss Ball (Supermans, Chicken Wings, Jumping Jacks, Ws) - 2 rounds

Cooldown:  14:39 min. - Mat, foam roller, yoga strap.

Warmup:  Time = 3:16, Max HR = 137 bpm, Avg HR = 118 bpm
Round 1:  Time = 6:29, Max HR = 154 bpm, Avg HR = 145 bpm (thought it was 50 Steps, so too many)
Round 2:  Time = 5:41, Max HR = 166 bpm, Avg HR = 156 bpm 
Round 3:  Time = 5:52, Max HR = 170 bpm, Avg HR = 163 bpm
Shoulder Exercises:  Time = 2:58, Max HR = 167 bpm, Avg HR = 155 bpm
Cooldown:  Time = 14:39, Max HR = 152 bpm, Avg HR = 128 bpm

Zone 1 = 7:52, Zone 2 = 6:02, Zone 3 = 1:40, Zone 4 = 8:28, Zone 5 = 10:54

Total Time = 38:57
Max HR = 170 bpm
Avg HR = 141 bpm
Total Calories = 541

Notes:   These ZShreds are really pushing my heartrate up for a longer period of time.  My left knee was feeling weak and hurting a little so I used the foam roller on my quads and did some quad stretching, and worked on my IT band.  I wasn't sure before doing this workout whether I could do it or not, but I praise God I was able to get through the whole workout.

Zuzka used 20# DBs for the Step ups and she used a higher bench to step up on, which I gather is probably 18", which is more than double my height.  She also used a 30# DB for her Goblet Plie Squats.

Definitely a good workout and I'm glad I was able to get through this workout with my knee feeling the way it did.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate