Index Labels

Wk 7, Day 2 (Tues, 3-Sep-2013)

. . No comments:
THOUGHTS:
  • Sorry I haven't gotten my act together the past couple weeks in my journal entries.  Every day is busy and sometimes I just don't get to this or have the time.
  • Excited that stuff with Immigration is progressing.  Got a letter over the weekend for my husband's Biometric testing which is in less than 2 weeks from now.  That's where they fingerprint, photograph him and whatever else they need to do.
  • I am through the Zuzka's Beginner Workouts and will be trying out her ZWOWs, ZShreds, ZSpecials, ZRopes.  Earlier workouts of hers that I will be doing from YT I'll place the video in my entries, but if they are only for ZGym, I cannot, and will just spell it out.
  • Did you all have a great Labor Day weekend?  We did.  A good friend of mine from college and a friend of our family treated my husband, kids and I out to a Peruvian place where the food was a bit pricey, but very yummy.  I will see if I can find recipes to make some of these dishes.  My husband and I also cooked our favorite Colombian meal for my mom and stepdad.  Lastly, yesterday my husband, kids and I took a short trip out to the Coolidge area just to get away from the valley for a couple hours.  Dropped the kids off at Grandma & Grandpas and my husband and I combed a couple Hobby Lobbys for fun.  I got my husband late birthday presents - 3 airplane models.  He loves building models.
  • Made a date for our friends JF and SK to come over in a month so we can cook a Colombian meal for them, have a Chess and game afternoon.
  • I love Bruce Willis and I love action movies.  We got a 4 pack DVD of the four Die Hards.  I've watched the first two and, boy, there is A LOT of profanity.  Thankfully I play games on my husband's phone to help me tune out some of the terrible language.  They are pretty violent.  Could they really do without all that profanity?  Yes, definitely.
  • I know Pandora has been around awhile, but I finally am using it with my workouts to have a bigger variety of music to do my workouts to.  Today is 80s stuff, which both my husband and I love 80s stuff.  My daughter is starting to get into it, too.
  • Thus starts Chess time and all that money that will go to pay for our son's Chess Tournies.  We are going to limit it to 2 tournaments a month.
  • I truly have a different appreciation for all that my parents did for us five kids growing up where all of us were in band, me playing multiple instruments and all the other stuff we did, them paying for all of it.  I didn't appreciate it then as much as I do now.
  • This weekend while our son is doing Chess in Chandler at a tournament, my husband, daughter and I will be cleaning out the garage to make room for one car to fit in there.  Please, Lord, I know the weather forecast says it's supposed to be hot.  Please let it be cool while we are working in the garage.
  • Our daughter has been doing Zuzka's workouts and they are challenging for her.
  • Though I'm not menopausal or pre, I found this video potentially helpful.  I totally respect Dr. Berg's views and found his stuff to be helpful.  He is saying that the night sweats and all that other stuff that women have are not normal, if the person is healthy.
  • When we went to Costco, I found a relatively inexpensive Casio 88 key keyboard, stand, pedal that I really liked.  It was about $450 before tax.  It would be nice to play on that rather than the Casio keyboard I have, which has like 66 keys, and doesn't have the sturdy feel to it.  My husband encouraged me to play and loves my playing.  I played a little bit (thankfully they had a couple music books there), but was so nervous that I felt sick to my stomach doing that.  A great gift I could give my husband is to play the piano for him regularly, but I have a lot on my plate that I need to do.
  • We are requiring our son speak Spanish a lot more at home.  Since my husband is Colombian and speaks Spanish well, we see no reason why he cannot learn Spanish well at home.  He is required to always speak Spanish in Spanish class.  No English allowed.  We are adopting a similar thing when communicating with my husband.  Let's see how this goes.
  • I felt really frustrated with the kids today, but I need to let that go.
  • Hurt my left ankle when I slammed it down on the floor accidentally and it's hurting.  I need to ice after I work today.  Uggh.  It was my being careless with those twisted pushups.

ACTIONS:
  • Took my heart meds, hair supps, probiotic - Forgot to take my heart meds until this evening.  My BP is normally about 110/70 and it was 137/88, still not bad, but enough to make me feel sick.  It might also be a little higher due to hurting the top of my ankle.
  • Drank water (a 48 oz QT cup). 
  • Get my workout done. - done
LIFE TO DOs:
  • Follow up again for the job that I applied for over 2 weeks ago.  They want me but have been really bad with their communication.  I think they are really disorganized.. 
  • Pick up Biotin & ActivaFulvic.
  • Pick up some mantecadas, chicken breasts, cilantro and avocados at FC.
  • Send email to customer service to get refund for double charge for ZGym.  Joe responded and is crediting my account for the $9.99.
  • Email sub job for template issues and to get replacement job for Friday. - They are not replacing my job and gave me the area in the manual to fix my template issues.
  • Print out Goodwill coupons for my husband.
  • Finish up weekend work.
  • Do Monday's sub con work.  I got about 55% done.  Need to finish the rest tomorrow morning.
  • Pick up model glue for husband at Hobby Lobby (with 40% off coupon).
  • Return item to FCB.  Doesn't fit.
  • Go to bank.
  • Go to FC again, Safeway, Costco.
  • Go to Hobby Lobby.
  • Apply at ST, EJ, CW.
  • Get emissions done for car.
  • Pay car registration online after getting emissions done.
  • Find a good coffee grinder at Goodwill for under $3 to replace my 20+ yr old one that died.
  • Pay car insurance.
  • Pay 2nd payment on daughter's book deposit (end of Aug).
  • Renew NN (scheduled for Sep).
  • Pay daughter's choir payment (end of Sep).
  • Pay son's balance on Chess (end of Sep).
  • Finish making solar screens for front of house.
  • Clean out the garage so the car can fit in the garage.  
  • Donate the stuff we don't need in the garage.
  • Resolve format issues with some MP3s to my iPod.
  • Continue with job search.
  • File paperwork in crate.
  • Reorganize top of cabinet.
  • Find out costs for parts & labor for the things we need done to the Explorer - rear 3rd brake light (whole assembly $120 + labor), passenger side powered mirror ($31 from eBay + labor), passenger front seat powered windows ($120-200 total), left rear tail light ($35 from eBay + labor), rear windshield wiper ($20 from eBay + labor), front hood strut mechanism, lower ball joint replacements ($335), front & rear shocks & struts ($380), rear driver's side door fixing it ($200), belt for the P/R/D ($135).
SLEEP:
  • 12:30 am - 5:45 am (5.25 hrs) - Definitely not enough sleep.  I wanted to stay up and be the first one in person to wish my husband a happy birthday and just talk with him.  And I was the first person today to wish my son a happy birthday, too.    
FOOD JOURNAL:
Breakfast  (8:45 am) - a mantecada (just didn't feel like eating any eggs)

Post Workout Smoothie (11:50 pm) - Protein smoothie - unsweetened cocoa powder, no flavor whey protein, ground flaxseed, water, ice, cinnamon, 3 bananas (my intention was 1 banana, but the other 2 fell and came out of the skin and it would go bad if I didn't use it).  My son ate all the blueberries, which I always use in my smoothies. --- Even after drinking the whole thing, I still feel pukey.  Not sure what the issue is.

Lunch  (1:30 pm) - Salad - romaine lettuce, breaded chicken patty baked, radishes, yellow grape tomatoes, avocado, my cilantro lime dressing, shredded carrots, shredded cheese, sliced almonds

Snack (5:00 pm) - 1/2 bag of buttered popcorn

Dinner (6:45 pm) - 5 baked pork carnitas tacos from Costco.


EXERCISE:
Workout Time = 11:08 am

Ageless Abs Warmup - 3:50 min 
  • 10 pushups
  • 12 squats
  • 10 spiderman crawl total
  • 20 jumping jacks
Zuzka ZWOW #2 - 2 Rounds
  • 5 Man Makers 
  • 20 Low Burpee Hops
  • 10 Twisted Pushups
  • 25 Competition Situps
I really only got through 2 full rounds.
I never made it to the third round, maybe you can.

Cooldown:  10:06 min. - I was so pukey, this wasn't even funny. 

Warmup:  Time = 3:50, Max HR = 140 bpm, Avg HR = 120 bpm
Round 1:  Time = 8:38, Max HR = 157 bpm, Avg HR = 142 bpm 
Round 2:  Time = 8:22, Max HR = 165 bpm, Avg HR = 152 bpm 
Cooldown:  Time = 10:06, Max HR = 143 bpm, Avg HR = 117 bpm

Zone 1 = 4:04, Zone 2 = 5:56, Zone 3 = 3:20, Zone 4 = 5:11, Zone 5 = 4:45

Total Time = 34:04
Max HR = 165 bpm
Avg HR = 134 bpm
Total Calories = 387

Notes:   Since I changed the weight on my HR monitor, I have not been able to increase my heartrate enough, but today I was able to.  Not sure why.  Maybe I forgot to take my meds.  I don't remember if I took them or not.

This was a hard workout, but not the same as last week.  This was more upper body intensive.  During the first round when doing the twisted pushups, I accidentally slammed my right foot down and hurt my ankle, but kept going.  I really needed more room to do these than the 5'x 8' rug I was on, but that was all the room I had.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate