Index Labels

Oops

. . No comments:
I am weaning myself off of Diet Cokes.  Not that I drank a lot, but any is still too much for my body and it takes my body time to get rid of the effects of this.  It's awful.  I've been having cravings galore.  My weight has yoyo'd up and down the same 3-4 lbs since I started being more careful with what I eat.  Ugggh.  That's been discouraging.

Yesterday I craved chocolate milk, Dr. Pepper, a milkshake, and donuts.  I thank God I didn't get any of those things.  Prayer comes in real handy, as God is Jehovah Rophe, which means, the Lord who Heals.  I definitely need self-control and healing here.

Maybe it's the fact that now I've forbid myself any Diet Coke that I want it more?

There were 2 things I made yesterday that were pretty healthy and delicious.

For lunch, I made my version of Euro Cafe's Pastrami Cream.  This wasn't exactly clean eating, but it could easily be made that way.

The ingredients in order:

  • Toasted whole grain bread (can use sprouted grain rice bread to make this gluten free or coconut bread to have no grains)
  • Low fat cream cheese
  • Raspberry jam (no extra sugar added)
  • Pan fry 2 slices of pastrami (or grill)
  • 2 scrambled eggs (if you want it to taste bacony, then cook eggs in a little bacon grease, I did not)
  • 1/2 small avocado
This was a really delicious meal.  Though, I was still a little hungry afterwards.  I think I'd prefer replacing the bread with a whole wheat pita bread.  But, if I'm going to go grain free, maybe a big piece of romaine lettuce.  

A nice addition might be a couple slices of bacon, but with pork prices probably going up next year, this may be a luxury soon.  Next time I think I'd like more raspberry jam.  I wonder what would happen if I mixed the avocado with the cream cheese, add a tad of sea salt.  What would that be.  I can envision maybe drizzling some of the cream cheese & avocado mixture over this.  Yum!  

When my beau gets here, I'll work on this recipe to perfect it with pictures.

For a healthy version of chocolate milk without all that sugar and lactose, you can use coconut milk or almond milk.  I opted for:
  • 8 oz Almond Milk
  • 1 heaping teaspoon unsweetened cacao powder
  • 1 tspn xylitol
  • a big handful of ice
  • 1 scoop of protein powder
Blend until ice is all crushed.  This was no super sweet, but it did taste chocolatey without all the bad refined sugar.  My version does not spike one's insulin and is low in calories, nutritious and has good protein.  If you want to add a little cinnamon, you can, but I did not this evening.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate