Index Labels

Day 2 - Body Adjusting

. . No comments:
So today is Day 2 of better eating.  I'm very grateful that my beau is very encouraging, but that I've also decided to retake control of my health again.  I saw Loretta from Vital Health AZ to get back into taking my supplements.  She's given me some stuff to take for the next 3 weeks, which I think I'll need to do 2 rounds of this to get the results I want.

Anyway, here is what I've done today.

Weight f/yesterday:  -2.4 lbs

SLEEP:  11:00 pm - 5:30 am, 6:00 am - 7:30 am (8 hrs) -- still feel a little tired, Nap - 3:15 pm - 4:30 pm (1.25 hr)

SUPPLEMENTATION & MEDS:
8:00 am - heart meds
12:55 pm - 6 multi-vitamin (no iron), 5 EFAs, 3 probiotics, 1 Iron

FOOD INTAKE:
Meal 1 (8:30 am) - 3 scrambled eggs w/mushrooms & 1/4 avocado

Meal 2 (1:00 pm) - a large handful of arugula, 3 oz ground sirloin patty (with African spices & sea salt), 1/4 avocado, handful of cherry tomatoes, a thick round of part skim mozzarella, 1/5th cucumber (sliced) plus 2 squares of 85% dark chocolate from Trader Joe's ---> I really needed to have a snack between Meal 1 & Meal 2.  My left hand got super shaky and it was hard to focus.  Within an hr after eating, I felt much better.

Snack (4:30 pm) - a thick round of part-skim mozzarella w/4 slices pastrami (no nitrite f/Trader Joe's)

Meal 3 (8:00 pm) - 6 oz kielbasa sausage stir fried in bacon grease w/broccoli & mushrooms

Snack (9:00 pm) - 2 squares 85% dark chocolate from Trader Joe's, 1/8 cup raw almonds - still felt hungry, so I ate this.  This seemed to curb my appetite.

EXERCISE:
9:15 am - 10:00 am (0.75 hr) - This wasn't a continuous walk, rather just intermittent strolling with my son and the dog we are dog sitting for.  The weather is really nice.

6:20 pm - 6:50 pm (0.5 hr) - Same as earlier.

COMMENTS:
When I eat healthy and clean like this, it's really important that I eat about every 3 hrs to keep my blood sugar levels stable, or at least not get the shakes or lose focus.  When I was eating really bad, I could go long periods of time without eating.

My beau is going to hold me accountable, and I'm committing to being consistent with eating healthy.  When he gets here in a little over 2 weeks, he will join me in eating well, nutritiously and healthy.

My cravings have reduced, but they are not completely gone.  I hope that as I begin retaking my probiotics that soon they will be gone.  I am going to keep a bag of raw almonds in my purse for those times I am out and about and unable to eat a real meal, at least I have something to eat that is nutritious.

I can't say I'm feeling 100% great like I had been in Feb-May'12, but it feels good to eat healthy, nutritious foods.  But, this is Day 2, my weight is down, I'm eating clean for 2 days now, and sleeping more.  These are good things.  My massive sleep deprivation and trigger point headache is gone.

Am drinking plenty of water.  My body is craving healthier stuff.

Did I say I drink water all day long?  I do.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate