The reason why this is called Midsummer Tacos is because this was a Swedish Midsummer Party (that's my American interpretation of this). There is nothing midsummer, nor Swedish about this recipe, but it works for me.
|The pork is so tender and delicious - love my crockpot|
This recipe is going to be modified to cook in 6-8 hrs, instead of the 20 hrs it took me. It'll be just as good.
To make these paleo friendly, you could replace the red potatoes with sweet potatoes. Instead of a corn tortilla, use lettuce leafs.
Makes a gazillion tacos. Really, it probably makes 3-4 dozen hefty tacos.
- 4 lbs of lean pork (I used two 2-lb pork shoulder roasts).
- 2 Tbspns curry
- 2 Tbspns cumin
- 1 1/2 Tbspn coriander, ground
- 2 Tbspns turmeric
- 2 Tbspns garlic powder
- 2 Tbspns sea salt
- 14 oz can of low sodium chicken broth
- 1 lb of red potatoes, diced
- 1 chayote, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 14 oz can of coconut milk
- 1 bunch of cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Place pork in the crockpot.
- Sprinkle pork with the spices.
- Add broth.
- Turn crockpot on high for 3 hrs. Most of broth should be gone.
- Shred pork in the crockpot.
- Add potatoes, chayote, onion.
- Pour coconut milk over everything.
|That's diced chayote on top - this was before pouring the coconut milk over it|
- Reduce crockpot heat to low for 3 hrs. Potatoes & chayote should be tender by this time.
- Add cilantro.
- Serve on corn tortillas with shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream. Enjoy!
|These are so good that my 8-yr old had 3 for dinner tonight|