This is an easy dish and you can really use anything from rice, quinoa, risotta, cauli-rice to make this dish.
Makes 10 hearty servings
- 1 lb beef kielbasa sausage cut into chunks
- 1 eggplant, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 Mexican squash, diced
- 1 ear corn
- 2 Tbspn bacon grease or olive oil (not extra virgin olive oil)
- sea salt
- brown rice
- 2 Tbspns turmeric
- 1/2 tspn cayenne pepper
- Put uncooked brown rice with water. Add turmeric & cayenne pepper.
- Cook rice as per my Perfect Rice instructions, that is, if you have a rice cooker.
- In a large skillet, heat up the bacon grease on medium high heat.
- Add the diced eggplant and generously sprinkle with sea salt. Cook for 2-3 min.
- Add the onion and the Mexican squash. Sprinkle the squash with a little more sea salt. Sometimes this squash is better and the salt helps tame this down some. Cook for another 2-3 min. on the medium high heat.
- Add kielbasa and cook for another 5 min.
- Add the corn.
- Mix well.
- Sprinkle with ground pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover. Cook until rice is done.
- Add rice to the melange of sausage and veggies. Mix well.