Index Labels

Wk 2, Day 3 (Wed, 31-Jul-2013)

. . No comments:
THOUGHTS:
  • Late at night, shortly before I went to be last night, my husband asked me if I wanted just one cookie, but I declined.  I didn't want to eat so late at night and my weight overall is dropping.  His weight is going up and I believe it's mostly due to him staying up so late nights.  I cannot say anything here and just let him do his thing and when his weight gets too much, then I'll mention about the sleep thing, that going to bed before 11:00 pm would help him with weight loss and he could ask my doctor.  Even though he doesn't have the health issues I have, for anyone, staying up late is not good for your health.
  • I've noticed the past few nights, I've gone to bed later and must be more disciplined to go to bed earlier.  I've been working until later in the evening and I probably should stop by 10:00 pm to ensure I sleep earlier, especially when the kids start school next week.
  • God is totally helping me with not drinking Coke or any soda.  I've successfully gone 14 days without a sip of Coke.  My husband hasn't really been drinking Coke at home, so that's great because sometimes he would drink up to 2 cans and I haven't seen him drink any in probably a week or so.  Though, when we are out, he does still drink Coke.  I opt either for unsweetened iced tea or water.
  • Today is my youngest brother's birthday.  He's 39 yrs old.  I can't believe he's that old, which means I am even older.  I hope he has a great birthday and year!
  • My weight is down a little bit despite eating Burger King yesterday.
  • Kids have cleaning to do today.  We've also been having our kids do their karate at least a half hour a day, 6 days/wk.  Trying to decide whether they are going to take the 2-hr class for this next session or remain at 1 hr.  The 2-hr is midweek.  Will get the Master's opinion on Wednesday, when hopefully our son will be tested for his Purple belt.  Hopefully our daughter will be able to test for her first degree Brown belt next session or at least by the end of this year.  I'd really like to see both kids with their first degree Black belts by 2015.
  • My daughter left the DBs she was using in her workout yesterday twice in areas where someone could've seriously gotten heart.  The 2nd time, she put it under my bed and didn't ensure that it wouldn't roll out, which it did.  Thankfully I caught this and didn't twist my foot on it in the middle of the night when it's dark and I'm going to the bathroom.
  • My daughter has done Zuzka's Beginner #1 workout 4 times now, as opposed to my 1x.  I'm proud of her.  Now it's time to go to the next workout.
  • Today I took some MSM in the morning, so that helps me to hopefully not be too sore.  But, I did a better job with the warmup and cooldown, and this workout didn't seem as tough.
ACTIONS:
  • Took my heart meds, hair supps, probiotic, MSM.
  • Drank ice cold water (using a 42 oz cup).
  • Did workout.
LIFE TO DOs:
  • Called Takamine again on our RMA.  They finally shipped out the replacement guitar late last night.  I have the tracking number and they said it should arrive at the music store on Friday.  I will call the music store to expect the guitar and hopefully we can get it on Saturday.
  • Email BJ regarding book deposit for my daughter.  Need more info and the right person to call me back.  Still no word.  I emailed again, just in case she didn't get the email.  They normally are very good with responding back.  She finally emailed me back.  I can make three payments.  That will help due to all the stuff we've had to pay for in the past 30 days with the car, the kids' schools, the chiropractor, my root canal.  In the next 30 days, we will need to pay for my husband's immigration stuff, as we really need to get this done, car registration & emissions, and I think AAA.  This is an expensive time of the year.
  • Finish Tuesday's sub con jobs and turn in.
  • Finish Wednesday's sub con jobs.  Got this done the same day.  Praise God!
  • Pickup the kitchen.
  • Order new GymBoss (miniMax) from Amazon.  Since my Amazon purchases cannot be counted for me, I used my son's school's link, so they get a piece of what I purchased today.  Please use my link to help me out some.  Thank you so much!!!
  • Buy eggs.
  • Icepack on neck.
  • Went to Costco & Safeway.
  • Rescheduled chiro appointment for Monday.
  • He told me to go online and apply for ST.
  • Finish filling out all the Immigration paperwork.
  • Make copies of all Immigration paperwork.
  • Get passport photos.
  • Finish filling out HOA paperwork, take pictures and fax into the office.
  • Finish making solar screens for front of house.
  • Continue with job search.
  • File paperwork in crate.
  • Reorganize top of cabinet.
  • Find out costs for parts & labor for the things we need done to the Explorer - rear 3rd brake light (whole assembly $120 + labor), passenger side powered mirror ($31 from eBay + labor), passenger front seat powered windows ($120-200 total), left rear tail light ($35 from eBay + labor), rear windshield wiper ($20 from eBay + labor), front hood strut mechanism, lower ball joint replacements ($335), front & rear shocks & struts ($380), rear driver's side door fixing it ($200), belt for the P/R/D ($135).

SLEEP:
  • 11:45 pm to 7:00 am (7.25 hrs) - I don't think I got that much sleep as I had a hard time falling asleep and sometime during the middle of the night, I'm guessing around 3:00 to 4:00 am, I was awoken again and that was because of the light still on from my husband still being awake.  I wish he would go to bed earlier, but he gets sorely upset if I say anything and this is a huge contention between us, so now I try to say nothing, though, it is impacting my sleep.  

FOOD JOURNAL:
Breakfast  (10:45 am) - I've been up for awhile and wanted to get all of Tuesday's sub work done and some other things.  Really, I should've eaten like 3 hrs ago.  Leftover eggs from yesterday, which is about 1 egg with stuff in it.



Lunch (1:45 pm) -   Salad made by the kids - fancy lettuce, breaded baked chicken patty, bacon, cherry tomatoes, homemade dressing (lime, avocados, cumin, sea salt, black pepper, cayenne, garlic powder).

Snack (4:00 pm) - 2 chocolate chip cookies


Dinner (6:30 pm) - 7 chicken tacquitos (from Costco) with sour cream and tomatillo & green chili salsa



EXERCISE:
Workout Time = 12:26 pm

Ageless Abs Warmup - 3:19 
  • 12 squats
  • 10 pushups
  • 20 jumping jacks
  • 10 spiderman crawls total
Zuzka Beginner #2 - 10 Min. AMRAP
  • 4 sumo squats with 10 pulses down
  • 20 mountain climbers (stepping, not jumping)
  • 20 bridge ups
  • 10 alternating arm/leg extend outs
Rounds Completed: 3 rounds, 1 rep (54 reps x  3 rounds + 1 rep = 163 reps total)

Zuzka Cooldown

Warmup:  Time = 3:19, Max HR = 127 bpm, Avg HR = 111 bpm
Round 1:  Time = 3:42, Max HR = 129 bpm, Avg HR = 122 bpm
Round 2:  Time = 3:15, Max HR = 141 bpm, Avg HR = 133 bpm
Round 3:  Time = 2:55, Max HR = 149 bpm, Avg HR = 136 bpm
Round 4:  Time = 0:12, Max HR = 149 bpm, Avg HR = 147 bpm
Cooldown:  Time = 12:05, Max HR = 149 bpm, Avg HR = 118 bpm

Zone 1 = 10:08, Zone 2 = 3:58, Zone 3 = 1:53, Zone 4 = 0:20, Zone 5 = 0:00

Total Time = 25:30
Max HR = 149 bpm
Avg HR = 122 bpm
Total Calories = 301

Notes:   This was a good workout and my warmup was more intense from last week, doing the Ageless Abs warmup that Scott Colby showed me in 2010.  I may eventually do Zuzka's warmup but it's a lot longer.  The cooldown time was longer than the workout.  Feels good to workout.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate